PFE Cross Post About Shadow Hound Breath 09/28/2016 08:30 PM CDT
I posted this in creature bugs, but it might be a clerical issue, so I thought I'd ask it here too.

I had a cleric cast PFE on me before I went into the Zaulfung, but a greater hound's fleshrot breath came right through it and got me diseased anyway. It was a little cleric who could only pump 9 mana into it for 12 minutes. Does anyone know if it requires more mana to make it effective? Or is it possibly bugged?

~ Vanxa

You see a grossly bloated sun.
It has grown many times its normal size.
The sky is filled with its eerie, red light.
You see a ghost, haunting the place of its death.
A woman stands in darkness gazing towards the heavens.
Re: PFE Cross Post About Shadow Hound Breath 09/29/2016 04:13 AM CDT
IIRC, non-clerics get only partial protection in this case.

GM Grejuva
Re: PFE Cross Post About Shadow Hound Breath 09/29/2016 04:03 PM CDT
I appreciate the reply, Grejuva. I had wondered about that too.

I have 78 stamina, which I know is likely higher than the originating GM was thinking about, but I wanted to see how much PFE might actually help. So I went back in later on my own. I got breathed on early and often. I even jumped into a couple of the shadowy disease clouds to see what would happen :)

I had no experience with fleshrot before this, but it moved slower than I expected. Wounds kept appearing, but even after I was finished, which had to have been between 1 1/2 to 2 hours, the worst wounds were only deep cuts and four light bleeders.

The messaging was horrific, very well written and creative, but the actual disease wasn't all that dangerous to me. I was surprised to see the fleshrot disappeared on its own after I left the swamp. I was left with just a list of minor combat injuries for the empath to fix. I killed 116 greater hounds but only got one curved silver fang, which was the reason I went there. I've been in an odd trophy hunting mood lately.

Still, it would have been better to have avoided all those things. It has me interested in hearing what clerics think about something. Obviously, the PFE spell is a clerical thing, but what about the idea that effects can be changed so that everyone benefits equally? I was curious as to the rationale as to why PFE would activate more strongly for clerics.

~ Vanxa

You see a grossly bloated sun.
It has grown many times its normal size.
The sky is filled with its eerie, red light.
You see a ghost, haunting the place of its death.
A woman stands in darkness gazing towards the heavens.
Re: PFE Cross Post About Shadow Hound Breath 09/30/2016 08:06 PM CDT
>Obviously, the PFE spell is a clerical thing, but what about the idea that effects can be changed so that everyone benefits equally? I was curious as to the rationale as to why PFE would activate more strongly for clerics.

I expect it has everything to do with their (clerics) divine connection. It's probably a minor miracle/mercy that moon mages enjoy what effects they do from holy magic taking into account how far removed we are from divinity. I would love to be able to sorcerously cast uncurse or bless on someone else and get the full protection from pfe though.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html