Weapons 05/21/2015 12:50 PM CDT
Currently training all weapons. I'm thinking I might want to drop a few though once I hit 250 in all of them. I'm looking for suggestions on what to drop, or compelling reasons to keep training them all (not sure if TDPs is compelling enough). Note that SE and LE are already in the 800s so not dropping them.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Re: Weapons 05/21/2015 03:03 PM CDT
>>I'm looking for suggestions on what to drop...

IMO I would drop LB, 2HB (can get similar use from staves, but it's not a bad weapon skill to keep), Slings, and Bows (because of the shield penalty). If you were to pick between a thrown then drop LT, but I wouldn't drop it personally. I would also drop LE, but you said you aren't going to.

>>...or compelling reasons to keep training them all (not sure if TDPs is compelling enough).

Combat and Crafting are evolving, and not even finished, systems that can change what weapons are useful at times, and better templates/materials/enchants can come later that might make one that you dropped more useful. I'm guessing this is your TF character, if so, then I would just stick with everything.
Re: Weapons 05/21/2015 03:43 PM CDT
The problem I have with keeping them all going is that I have to stay in combat constantly to keep them all moving I'd like to leave to do non combats every once in awhile without feeling like I'm losing out on training time for the weapons. The 600 ranks I have left to catch up with my main weapons is going to take long enough even if I can keep it constantly learning.
Re: Weapons 05/21/2015 05:01 PM CDT
I personally train: SE, LE, 2HE, SB, LB, 2HB, Staves, Polearms, Brawling and Heavy Thrown. All of which are at 250+.

Being Weapons secondary and having to deal with armor and survival tertiary, I find that I have no trouble maxing all of those weapons in a hunting area before my defenses max. Depending on the ranges of the critter of course, but it hasn't failed me yet.

Usually when I observe people PvPing it is a problem with their stat assignment being much less than their opponent, and more often than not their opponent has higher skills than they were expecting. - Kodius

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time. - Sun Tzu