Early on undead hunting 02/18/2015 04:11 PM CST
Howdy,

I am new to the cleric game, so I have almost zero experience with undead. I also haven't ever spent much time in P5, so I'd like to try hunting some undead, and I understand there is a good progression of them in P5 or Shard.

Unfortunately, ole reliable Epedia doesn't seem to be very helpful here. I understand Togballs are very popular after reading the past several pages in this topic, but on Epedia, they are listed as unknown for evil. I have a feeling there may be more creatures like that, so I'd really appreciate if someone could give me a rough ladder for hunting undead. I am willing to travel wherever if the hunting is good.

All of my combats are currently in the 50s and 60s, but I'd love one to maybe 200 or so ranks, if I'm going to get greedy.

Thanks!
Re: Early on undead hunting 02/18/2015 05:11 PM CST
Eidelon Steeds are good from... maybe 80-120 ranks?

Darkmist moors has some stuff that's viable in the 70-110s.

Moss Meys in Leth Derial are pretty solid in the 150-200 range.

Personally, as much fun as it is to see flashes of light interacting with all our magics, the Clerical suite of anti-undead isn't worth foregoing some of the better training options that exist. Steeds and Moss Meys are good, but I'd rather be close to easily accessible healers and gathering spots.

If you or someone else posts a valid progression though, I'd love to see if I've been missing anything!
Re: Early on undead hunting 02/18/2015 05:52 PM CST
I don't think there are any critters which will teach from 50-200 ranks.

The wiki is helpful but only in that you have to set your ranges and then go where the critters are. If I'm honest, from 50-100 ranks I hit sprites, blood wolves, razor sows, etc. The undead ladder is full of holes, and it's usually best to just hunt regular enemies anyway.
Re: Early on undead hunting 02/18/2015 06:26 PM CST
Haven't had a "young" character in a long time, but I'll give this a shot:

Death squirrels -- straight out of the character generator

Ghouls -- goblinish

Dark sprites used to be about rock troll level (though I seem to recall hearing something about them changing?) -- 50ish-85ish

Steeds -- 80ish-115ish

Lesser hounds/slaughs (Zaulfung) in here somewhere

Togballs (Boar Clan) 90ish-120ish
Meys -- 100-140

Dark spirits (Tiger Clan) 130-170

Maiden tresses (Hib) 120-160?

Bloodwood dryads (Hib) 160-190?

Blight ogres (Hib) 180-220ish

Death spirits (under moonie guild) ?-230

Icy blue ghasts (Hib) 300ish-?

Germish'din (Leth) 250?-350?

Greater hounds/sluaghs (Zaulfung) 280-380

Somewhere in here you can start on zombies in Boar Clan if you prefer that ladder (will take you to 150th circle)

Shadowbeasts/Cinderbeasts (under Zaulfung) ?-500ish

Hierophants

Misenseor resuscitants

Think that's about all I remember
Segmere Freat
Re: Early on undead hunting 02/21/2015 02:35 PM CST
Having gone through this semi recently, I can add a little info:

The beginning hunting path, especially with new caps in 3.x is pretty rocky, so you might not be able to stick to pure undead/evil.

Death Squirrels

Ghouls

Reavers/Windhounds

Togballs you can start around 120 now, and they're good up until 160ish, which is where you can do bloodvines OR if you're feeling brave - Dryads/Nyads. I could handle them fully buffed around 160, but it wasn't easy.

Death Spirits pick up from 180-250

Geni from 220-320ish

That's all I've got.

Scholars write history in books; Warriors write it in blood.
Re: Early on undead hunting 11/27/2016 08:16 AM CST
So I have a new Cleric I am trying to build up as an undead hunter. For anyone who has tried to move solely up the undead hunting tree, how did/do you train debilitation? Seems like the 0-80 options would be ineffective against the undead.
Re: Early on undead hunting 11/30/2016 05:24 PM CST

burden scroll.
Re: Early on undead hunting 11/30/2016 06:36 PM CST
Ah ha, good idea. Thanks.