Undead vs Non Undead 08/30/2014 03:05 PM CDT

I am looking for opinions as far as how good clerics are against undead since I think that will help with my spell choices. We have easier access to bless and all holy spells do better damage against undead. Furthermore incorporeal undead cannot be damaged by non-holy spells at all. This undoubtedly means cleric are better than any other classes at fighting the undead and I would rather face them with my cleric than with my moon mage or necromancer.

When I compare my clerics experience against undead vs non undead foes I am less impressed. I lose some of my favourite (?best) spells and gain spells that seem weaker. For example I can no longer use chill spirit, soul attrition, soul sickness and soul bonding. In exchange we gain Harm Evil (which feels weaker than many other spells), Harm Horde (which I don't have, but I don't have FOU either), Phelim's Sanction (which is quite good) and Halo now does damage (but I don't have Halo). Bless works on undead (but all classes can use it, it is just more convenient for clerics) and divine radiance does boost bless damage. Strangely, some undead seem to be immune to Harm Evil and/or Phelim's Sanction (notable Ur Hhrki'izh seem to always be unaffected by both - but that may be simply a skill problem). So, my question here is are we best at killing undead or just at less of a disadvantage than other classes. Is it worth focusing on undead killing spells to hunt the undead or just stick to regular spells with a few of the special undead spells?
Re: Undead vs Non Undead 08/30/2014 09:49 PM CDT
<<Strangely, some undead seem to be immune to Harm Evil and/or Phelim's Sanction (notable Ur Hhrki'izh seem to always be unaffected by both - but that may be simply a skill problem).

Phelim's Sanction - quite a few undead are apparently entirely immune to stunning, ergo are not affected by this spell.

Not sure about Harm Evil... is it possible that the evasion bonus they receive from being hit by a DFA is putting them out of your range of being able to hit them with it?

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Re: Undead vs Non Undead 08/30/2014 10:39 PM CDT
>>> Phelim's Sanction - quite a few undead are apparently entirely immune to stunning, ergo are not affected by this spell.

So we have a spell that can only stun undead and many of them are immune to being stunned???
Re: Undead vs Non Undead 08/30/2014 11:16 PM CDT
>So we have a spell that can only stun undead and many of them are immune to being stunned???

Unfortunately so. It's my hope the spell gets revisited and updated with -something- to make it worthwhile again since the Stun Immunities update went live.