Shall stay or shall I go 05/29/2013 11:59 AM CDT
Currently hunting Cinder beasts. Debil has been capped for a bit now, and TM is closing in on capping. Which is 625 they stopped teaching. Currently sitting around 410 in defensives, and around 460 in weapon. Is there something I can hunt past cinder beasts that will allow me to train debil and keep training tm? Or should I stay for a bit? And for how long? Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
Re: Shall stay or shall I go 05/29/2013 05:04 PM CDT

Defenses are a little low but you might want to try Zombie stompers- the lowest level of zombies in Boar Clan. I am all in favor of moving up when you can but you look like you have about a 200 rank difference between defenses and TM. You may just have to suck up moving defenses up for awhile.
Re: Shall stay or shall I go 05/29/2013 05:56 PM CDT
That is the only reason why I still in cinder beasts. Defensives are still low. Debil and TM just move fast compared to defensives. Guess even moving to zombie stompers, I may hit the ceiling there too fairly fast. Guess i just gotta let it all slowly catch up.
Re: Shall stay or shall I go 05/29/2013 06:55 PM CDT
I would definitely spend a little extra time getting your defenses up. 50 ranks'll fly by in no time, and put you in a much better position for moving up the ladder.

GENT
Re: Shall stay or shall I go 05/29/2013 10:39 PM CDT
Being that this is quite relevant to me (practically the same ranks, still in cinders)...

I'm down there learning two weapons (470 small edge, 400 brawling) regularly, with a few slightly lower ones scattered in (with them cursed I can hit them with a few other weapons [bows, LT, HT] in the 250-300 range, even a few melee weapons right around 200 [melee mastery in the 430s]).

My defenses are a little higher (460 evasion, 440s shield, 420 parry), but still learning pretty well.

I stay in cinders for reasons other than making my numbers go up faster: vicinity to Haven, skinning, boxes, easy access to all the lore societies.

If you're purely asking for skill reasons -- I make the trip to Hib now and again. Both the low-range and mid-range zombies are relatively safe, though I have to be a tad more careful about keeping buffs up than in cinders.

Segmere Freat
Baron's Own Militia
Re: Shall stay or shall I go 05/30/2013 11:23 AM CDT
Keeping buffs up isn't an issue at all. I always run MAPP, MPP, PFE, SOL, BEN, and those are always in the orb. I might be forgetting some, but those are the major things. I wait til things get closer to 450s. Things seem to move fairly slow defensively. But if I hit 625 in TM, I think I am moving, hate to see that skill slow down.