Mid-range Undead 04/27/2013 11:23 AM CDT
Howdy,

Just completely capped out death spirits ~250 defenses, ~300 offenses, and looking for the next step up in the undead/cursed ladder.

I tried geni, but they might be a ways off yet. I tried dobeks, those definitely aren't doable with my defenses. I tried the sailors/pirates -- those are perfect, except the fog/jail thing makes the area useless to me.

Any suggestions? Doesn't matter where, islands, etc. What path did you take from here on up?

Thanks!
Re: Mid-range Undead 04/27/2013 11:49 AM CDT
Before the changes to male, I didn't get touched in scorps with hyh on male offense, SOL, and PFE up. Make sure you got SOL and PFE up, and maybe even MAPP and MPP might help offset the nerf to male. My cleric started exactly at 250 defensives in scorps. Never got hurt, but again that was pre male nerf.
Re: Mid-range Undead 04/27/2013 12:53 PM CDT
Jumped to Aesry to check out the ravens area? Any advice for them?

I'll head back to Ratha if this doesn't work well... I think I could manage dobeks with more buffs. I usually don't like to hunt things that I can't handle without buffs... but I want to keep my skills moving.

Thanks,
GENT
Re: Mid-range Undead 04/27/2013 01:01 PM CDT

Some thoughts:

Hib- best progression of undead in the game- I don't know where your skills fall in the ladder of undead in Hib but one of them is going to fit it.

Shard- there are the rather forgotton undead there- the bugs north of the city, the undead that inhabit the underground temple where the quest is, up to of course A'danf. Sadly with the changes to HULP and COZ, clerics are no longer essentially immune to A'danf.

I hunted the raven area for awhile, but I can't remember enough about it- frankly had almost forgotten that entire complex.
Re: Mid-range Undead 04/27/2013 01:10 PM CDT
HIb does have a nice long chain of undead/curseds to hunt. Also, you may try out the tiers of ur hhrki'izh on Aesry.
Re: Mid-range Undead 04/27/2013 01:14 PM CDT
Checking out the Aesry area, with 250s in all defenses, 300 in weapons, Debil, TM:

crows aren't teaching at all
hhrki'izh are teaching somewhat well
graverobbers aren't cursed apparently, so I'm gonna skip those, teaching better than the hhrki's though
dinegos are likely too difficulty, especially with special attacks being so jacked up right now

What's the deal with the Asketi's Temple area near Hib? It my mind it sounds like a PITA to get in and out... wasn't there a shortcut made recently? Are there any special considerations with those creatures.

Thanks for all the help. This (Cleric hunting) is one area of the game I haven't explored too far in depth.

GENT
Re: Mid-range Undead 04/27/2013 01:23 PM CDT
The hhrki'izh are split between the door inside the Necropolis, I'm assuming. Doesn't seem to be much difference in terms of skill. Are they supposed to be more difficult behind the door?

GENT
Re: Mid-range Undead 04/27/2013 04:18 PM CDT
Geni should be doable for you with those skills. My moon mage had less ranks than that hunting there.

Asketi's Mount/temple isn't that bad to get in and out of - especially for clerics. The main drawback is it's so far removed from the rest of the world. Other than that Hib is pretty great for hunting around that range and higher.
Re: Mid-range Undead 04/27/2013 05:53 PM CDT
Laches are cursed/undead- though getting to them is a bit of a pain! I've not hunted them in a while, but in DR2 I did use them to train after I capped death spirits. Another option is the dobeks- but mind the venom.

Good luck!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Mid-range Undead 04/27/2013 05:58 PM CDT
>>Laches are cursed/undead- though getting to them is a bit of a pain!

Well, unless you take the shortcut that goes between the country church and the Abyssal Seed. It's one of the shortcuts that requires knowing Resurrection.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Mid-range Undead 04/28/2013 05:11 AM CDT
There are also Tier II & III Dark Spirits at Ker'Leor.
...Which for whatever reason, aren't anywhere on wikipedia.
Re: Mid-range Undead 04/28/2013 08:20 PM CDT
Can a cleric guide a non-cleric hunting partner in through that shortcut?
Re: Mid-range Undead 04/28/2013 09:24 PM CDT
>>Can a cleric guide a non-cleric hunting partner in through that shortcut?

Nope.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate