My 37th cleric 02/09/2013 04:15 PM CST
So I started my cleric years ago and didn't train him well. Small Blunt was the only weapon alongside TM. So I'm backtraining now. I survive well enough in blue-bellied crocs, but without HYH I find it very difficult. Also, with 160's in debilitation it's difficult to train debilitation. Which means an even longer time without HYH. My backtraining weapons are all in the ranges of 50-80. I'm not sure why I'm posting except to say not having HYH makes life more difficult. I may try aligning to debil and using a large SAP to see if I can cast it. Not sure the minimum amount. Any others having similar problems?
Re: My 37th cleric 02/09/2013 04:36 PM CST
>>Any others having similar problems?

HYH is amazing.

If you are having trouble training without the crutch it provides, though, you need to rectify your weapon suckiness. You're reaching what was the hard cap for crocs in 2.0, I'm not surprised you're having problems training debilitation. The best solution is probably to forget training debilitation for a bit and raise those weapon ranks, sorry buddy. Having to back-train 100 or so ranks isn't the worst thing in the world though.
Re: My 37th cleric 02/09/2013 05:02 PM CST
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'll have to just suck it up. Maybe I should pick up brigantine armor. Right now wearing only chain. And taking a series of hits will cut through and start causing bleeding wounds really easy. Is there a large disadvantage to wearing two types? Also, what's the point of training armors? Does more skill in the armor block more damage? I know it reduces hinderance which helps with evasion and such.
Re: My 37th cleric 02/09/2013 05:34 PM CST
>>Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'll have to just suck it up. Maybe I should pick up brigantine armor. Right now wearing only chain. And taking a series of hits will cut through and start causing bleeding wounds really easy. Is there a large disadvantage to wearing two types? Also, what's the point of training armors? Does more skill in the armor block more damage? I know it reduces hinderance which helps with evasion and such.

More skill blocks more damage as well as reducing hindrance, yes, though there are caps on both how much it will raise "defense" and lower hindrance.

Mixing armor types will give you a mixing penalty, which is essentially just more hindrance.
Re: My 37th cleric 02/09/2013 09:21 PM CST
>Maybe I should pick up brigantine armor. Right now wearing only chain.

Kodius (the guy who wrote the new systems) swears up and down armor terts will want to cap out at chain. People haven't seen that borne out in testing, but I'd hesitate to tell you to go full brig with that avid design philosophy going, just in case he finds some bug and 'fixes' it so that his vision/numbers are right.

As for damage: between MPP, PFE, MaPP, SoL, and OM (to store everything), and probably something I'm forgetting (defense commune?) if you're having damage problems as a cleric, you're doing something really wrong.

Check your armor, weapons, and shield, and make sure they're not destroyed. Check your stances, and make sure you're not using something really bad.

Pants.
Re: My 37th cleric 02/10/2013 06:05 AM CST
Thanks for responses all. What do you mean by we'll want to cap out at chain? Chain being the heaviest thing we should wear? Is that because it takes a lot more skill to have less hinderance on the heavier armors? I wasn't thinking of going full brigandine. I was going to piece it out.. wear chain shirt with brig head and hands, and maybe light greaves.
Re: My 37th cleric 02/10/2013 06:20 AM CST
>>Thanks for responses all. What do you mean by we'll want to cap out at chain? Chain being the heaviest thing we should wear? Is that because it takes a lot more skill to have less hinderance on the heavier armors? I wasn't thinking of going full brigandine. I was going to piece it out.. wear chain shirt with brig head and hands, and maybe light greaves.

Minimum hindrance is determined by armor skillset placement. Being armor tert, the minimum hindrance for a Cleric using brigandine or plate is still pretty punishing. If you only plan on using brigandine accessories like greaves or helm, you should be fine, as I do the same thing on my Cleric.
Re: My 37th cleric 02/11/2013 08:43 PM CST
Crisis Averted!!

With 162 Debilitation, aligned to Debilitation and with a 50 mana SAP up, I am able to cast HYH again. Life is good.
Re: My 37th cleric 02/12/2013 05:59 AM CST
And... Crocs stop teaching at 163. That was slightly anti-climatic.