Shadow Beasts & Cinder Beasts - 3.0 02/08/2013 07:38 PM CST
Good evening, folks!

I was curious to see if anyone has a rough idea what the recommended combats are to start hunting in Shadow Beasts and Cinder Beasts with the 3.0 changes? I'm still learning fairly well in dobeks, but I'm thinking I'm going to want to take the jump to the next undead/evil critter.

Thank you!
Re: Shadow Beasts & Cinder Beasts - 3.0 02/08/2013 11:17 PM CST

Uritel, I can't answer you very directly because I haven't been there in 3.0, but the progression from Greater Hounds and Slaughs to Shadow Beasts is pretty smooth.
Re: Shadow Beasts & Cinder Beasts - 3.0 02/09/2013 03:40 AM CST
I hunt there just fine, and I know the cinder beast hard cap is 625. My debilitation hit that the other day and no longer moves off of clear.

Low 500s TM, mid to high 400s defenses/weapons

Physical stats are 55 stam, 50 agil/refl, 45 strength

You need PFE active in cinderbeasts to avoid getting burnt.

I still for the most part keep buffs active -- Bene, MPP, MaPP

Segmere Freat
Baron's Own Militia
Re: Shadow Beasts & Cinder Beasts - 3.0 02/15/2013 12:25 AM CST
Thank you for the information on this.. I'll probably head over to Haven shortly and give them a try. You're a bit more advanced than I am but I'm commonly down for a challenge.
Re: Shadow Beasts & Cinder Beasts - 3.0 03/05/2013 10:41 PM CST
Were you able to find the short cut?

http://forums.play.net/forums/13/119/876/view/1075
Re: Shadow Beasts & Cinder Beasts - 3.0 03/05/2013 11:59 PM CST
The short cuts require Revelation which has not yet been converted to 3.0.
Re: Shadow Beasts & Cinder Beasts - 3.0 03/06/2013 02:36 AM CST

>> The short cuts require Revelation which has not yet been converted to 3.0.

The short cut into shadow beasts/cinder beasts requires resurrection, which works quite nicely! Tried it the other night. I wish though that the shortcut came before (and also had a shortcut exit) the shifting maze. But, you can't have everything!

I have also found my new stomping grounds here in the Zaulfung, so I'll be here until they stop teachin me I figure.. which will be a long, long time..
Re: Shadow Beasts & Cinder Beasts - 3.0 03/06/2013 09:03 AM CST
Where did you find the shortcuts?

Nikpack
Re: Shadow Beasts & Cinder Beasts - 3.0 03/06/2013 10:57 AM CST

I don't think its a secret any more- for the Shadow Beast/Cinder Beast area, it is in the temple, through the housing area. A rather nifty effect all things considered

I hope you are using HYH with COZ there Uritel- that should work great.
Re: Shadow Beasts & Cinder Beasts - 3.0 03/06/2013 04:12 PM CST
>>I hope you are using HYH with COZ there Uritel- that should work great.

I'm using HYH with MAL, actually. Not tuned towards offense or defense, just the generic version that taps both. They rarely hit me with their offenses downtweaked, and their defenses are dropped enough that I can hit them with ~100 ranks in my tertiary weapons.

As my tert weapons get up to around 200-250, I'll likely swap over to COZ and run that instead.
Re: Shadow Beasts & Cinder Beasts - 3.0 03/06/2013 08:41 PM CST
Resurrection for the shortcut, oh right. I was thinking of a different secret portal thing, my mistake.
Happy Zaulfung!