Riverhaven Invasion, Cadderly and COZ 07/25/2012 02:02 AM CDT

So I lucked out on getting involved in a Riverhaven invasion- and got to team up with Cadderly! So much fun. Was great with Evro and everyone else too.

I did learn though that 12 slashers are too many.....

Those things would be easily stunned by PS, and SICK worked but COZ?- not a chance. Anyone know if they are specially immune to COZ or is COZ a completely different contest?

Anyway- when we got 2 or 3 clerics and a moon mage or two, or a ranger all tag teaming a slasher we could take them down- but it wasn't easy- lots of fun.
Re: Riverhaven Invasion, Cadderly and COZ 07/25/2012 05:49 AM CDT
CoZ uses the same contest as Sick (though not as heavily weighted in the caster's favor) iirc. Same for Malediction.
Re: Riverhaven Invasion, Cadderly and COZ 07/25/2012 09:09 AM CDT

I could cast Sick just fine, and saw others cast Malediction- but they resisted COZ two times, fully prepared with around 70 mana(I don't know what the max mana of COZ is but I harnessed 60)- so I suspect must be specific to COZ
Re: Riverhaven Invasion, Cadderly and COZ 07/25/2012 09:35 AM CDT
ePedia says COZ currently uses a "custom vs Spirit" check. Not sure if that was ever changed.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Riverhaven Invasion, Cadderly and COZ 07/25/2012 10:58 AM CDT

It was really good to see old friends. Loved the way folks come togeather, group up and work togeather in invasions. while I was not effective at takin them down, I was Flavius head cheering section! He would smack one down and I would pee on the corpse. It was fun to help out what i could, draggin stunned folks and working as a group. even gettin a couple shots in when they were smacked down and stunned. Those guys were so far beyond my skills, I am glad I fight like a cleric not a paladin! No shame in kickin them or smackin them with a hammer while they are down. No offense to my tin friends. I enjoyed it guys.

The feeble old swamp shaman
Re: Riverhaven Invasion, Cadderly and COZ 07/25/2012 11:21 AM CDT
What -not- to do in an invasion:

(I'm guessing this gweth was about 1:20-1:25am, don't have a time stamp, but I know it wasn't long before):

You hear your mental voice echo, "Etherian and I are fighting near the east gate if you'd care to join us, Not organizing, just slaughtering"

[01:26] * Kattena was just struck down!
[01:26] * Etherian was just struck down!

Moving with powerful grace, a red bear orc slasher feints high at Etherian. Etherian blocks with a shalswar-hide targe.

* A red bear orc slasher chops wide at you. You block with a gold-plated tower shield emblazoned with a majestic lion.
[You're invigorated, energetic, mighty, solidly balanced with opponent in good position.]

Moving as one fluid extension of power, a red bear orc slasher slices wide at Etherian. Etherian blocks with a shalswar-hide targe.

* A red bear orc slasher sweeps low at you. You block with a gold-plated tower shield emblazoned with a majestic lion.
[You're invigorated, energetic, mighty, solidly balanced with opponent in good position.]

Driving in like an adept combatant, a red bear orc slasher sweeps low at Etherian. Etherian blocks with a shalswar-hide targe.

>Viggu's bearing is full of confidence and battle fury, and that fury is expressed in a roar of unrelenting rage.

Etherian falls down!
Etherian's in shock and dying!

>The terror inspired by Viggu's roar spreads through your body, leaving only a a dull ache centered around a blinding pain in your chest. As your vision turns grey and the ground tilts to meet your gaze, you realize that fear alone truly is capable of dealing death.

You feel yourself falling...
You feel like you're dying!

Etherian turns pale in fright. A pained gasp accompanies his fall to the ground as his eyes film over in dying terror.

Oof. lol

Short version, don't gweth about slaughtering the troops...heh

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Riverhaven Invasion, Cadderly and COZ 07/25/2012 06:14 PM CDT
Ah Katt did you hear Cadd's wonderful gweth offering 2 kegs of ale for Viggu's head on a pole?

I loved that.

Okay another thing not to do in an invasion- lets say hypothetically you have a group of about 3 clerics and a moon mage, and between them they can take down 1 or 2 Slashers- in about maybe a minute or two per slasher.....

What is the correct tactic when the group realizes they have 12 slashers cornered?

If you said charge into them....well you would be another dead cleric....

One of my favorite moments was when I hit the wrong macro and used FOU instead of Horn(maybe those buttons shouldn't be next to each other?). Cadd lost a leg, I was so surprised that the Slasher got to melee range with Flavius and he died lickedy split.

Really was fun- Evro and I were casting PS and SICK and stunning them, and then we and a Moonmage were using TM to whittle them down. Cadd was tossing hammers like old times- and he knew his way around Riverhaven better than I do anymore- dragged Flavius to safety when Flavius was all stumpy from losing an arm and a leg- and then Cadd got Flavius to triage.

Looking back on it, I think we should have used more Malediction on them.