Sky Giants....how I love thee... 06/06/2012 02:39 PM CDT

Since Flavius was up in the area for the festival, I decided to try out Sky Giants.

Now I know not everyone likes this, but I get a certain thrill about hunting areas where not only can Flavius train, but there is both an element of danger, and a need for every Cleric trick in our bag.

Sky Giants were just such a thrill. Fully spelled up- including even COE in the orb to try to reduce the effects of the lightning bolts, Eluneds commune up.....and using HULP to reduce the spells cast by the Giants, and COZ to reduce the effects of those big swords...

Always exciting at the edge like that- when those 'hands' fade away, and trying to get HULP recast- or not casting COZ fast enough. Flavius left there several times badly wounded, nerves destroyed by lightning- but oh they trained well- TM and HX both much better than usual.

Then night before last...just getting started...all spelled up etc, playing with one Giant when another comes in....get HULP cast on her and was preparing COZ....when she slashed Flavius' heart right out of his chest.

I have decided to take break from Sky Giants and wander on back down south. Sure had fun until then though.
Re: Sky Giants....how I love thee... 06/06/2012 06:15 PM CDT
>Now I know not everyone likes this, but I get a certain thrill about hunting areas where not only can Flavius train, but there is both an element of danger, and a need for every Cleric trick in our bag.

As an occasional thing, it's nifty. But markedly focused on the occasional aspect.

I much prefer simple hunting. But I'm lazy.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Sky Giants....how I love thee... 06/07/2012 10:04 PM CDT
I wrestled bears when I was circle one, and hunted firecats when I was circle 5. They'd ambush me and stun me, then I'd use Stone Berserk to see who would die first. Good times.

Not quite as fun these days. Dragon Dance or Berserk Kuniyo, then Lash/Wail/Anger/Justice/Everild, if I can't hit them even after that there's no power under heaven or on Earth that will let me beat them.
Re: Sky Giants....how I love thee... 06/09/2012 11:27 PM CDT
>including even COE in the orb to try to reduce the effects of the lightning bolts

I remember for the longest time there was a bug where COE in the orb basically didn't do anything--it had to be held instead. Did that change?
Re: Sky Giants....how I love thee... 06/10/2012 01:04 PM CDT

COE isnt' nearly as effective as a COE held with lots of mana- as I recall its essentially a min cast COE- but it definetely helped against the Storm Giants.
Re: Sky Giants....how I love thee... 06/11/2012 08:31 AM CDT
I was under the impression CoE stored on an orb would still benefit if you held mana?
Re: Sky Giants....how I love thee... 06/11/2012 02:33 PM CDT

I was under the impression CoE stored on an orb would still benefit if you held mana?

I do not believe that is true. But easily tested. COE with max harness gives tremendous protection, so would be easy to test- if you are willing to be the target :)
Re: Sky Giants....how I love thee... 06/11/2012 02:50 PM CDT
I feel there's an easier way to go about this :)
My Cleric doesn't know CoE anyway.