Re: New Titles 01/08/2007 06:28 AM CST
If it takes 10 minutes to ML magics you need to change how you train.

Strangeguard

http://www.vurtego.com/
Re: New Titles 01/08/2007 06:37 AM CST
Hah! I've complained for years that Tish doesn't learn right. Trust me, tested with this other clerics doing the same thing as Tish, they learn better magic/lore/weapons over Tish. One of the reasons I switched to survivals, it was easier.

You are Safe Cracker Tishra Rothem, Shadow Priest of Elanthia
Re: New Titles 01/08/2007 07:36 AM CST
I just don't have the patience for Survivals, even in TF where I don't have to watch it

Strangeguard

Re: New Titles 01/08/2007 07:57 AM CST
>>You're kidding right? It takes me 10 minutes to lock magic. Why not work foraging? Personally, I hear everyone complain about how hard it is, yet I worked them all to over 200.

I train the hell out of my survivals as well. My average is up to a meager 140. That doesn't mean that Foraging is fun, or rewarding, or even remotely balanced in learning.

It will continue to be a massive void of training time for us as long as survival terts are hindered with timers that secondaries and primaries do not need to encounter.

Rather than spend 10 minutes locking foraging, I spend 7-8 minutes locking perception, and foraging gets to very muddled or so. That is significantly better use of my time.

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
Airanie whispers, "are you raising?"
>whisper air I don't deal with corpses.
Airanie whispers, "ah I'm sorry thought you were a cleric, my apologies"
Re: New Titles 01/08/2007 12:09 PM CST
>I've complained for years that Tish doesn't learn right. Trust me, tested with this other clerics doing the same thing as Tish, they learn better magic/lore/weapons over Tish.

Unless your character has some really weird bug that no one has heard of (unlikely), I think the problem is in your head.

As far as locking magic taking the same amount of time as foraging, I don't think the comparison is valid. First, you're talking about locking multiple skills. Secondly, you can't really compare primary skillsets to tertiary ones. So if you are correct about TTL (time to lock), that says to me that foraging is not teaching enough.
Re: New Titles 01/08/2007 02:15 PM CST
Thank you Zonkar, I'll try to remember you're god and know all that goes on with every character in game. Thanks for the heads up.
Re: New Titles ::NUDGE:: 01/08/2007 05:58 PM CST
Hi there!

Keep it civil folks, this is not a conflict folder.

This folder is for discussion of Titles. If you wish to continue to discuss foraging, move it to a more appropriate folder.

Thanks!
Soveign

If you have any questions and/or comments, please feel free to send them to me at MOD-Soveign@play.net, Senior Board Moderator Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net or Board Supervisor Cecco at DR-Cecco@play.net.
Re: New Titles 01/08/2007 06:25 PM CST
No im a thief but can still get cleric titles, just wish i knew exactly what skill replaced TM so i could tell yall exactly how much TM the title takes when i do manage to get it. Hard to work for the title when i dont know what skill to train
Re: New Titles 01/08/2007 06:40 PM CST
Wouldn't it make sense for Backstab to replace TM?

Strangeguard

Re: New Titles 01/09/2007 01:13 AM CST
prolly but most titles make 0 sense with us like assassian taking huge amounts of stealing.

Backstab would make the most sense wonder at what ratio it would go i know hiding does 125% for harness
Re: New Titles 01/09/2007 06:06 AM CST
Ok, are there any other clerics then besides me with the swamp shaman and shadow priest titles? I would really like to get together and compare and see if we can figure out the reqs for them. Thanks!

You are Safe Cracker Tishra Rothem, Shadow Priest of Elanthia
Re: New Titles 01/09/2007 02:33 PM CST
Not me. But probably because I don't trainin hiding, perception, and foraging as much as I should. Gave up openin boxes a while back.

Crory, da holy dive instructor
Re: New Titles 01/09/2007 02:39 PM CST
Yeah, but you don't count cuz you work all them weapons I can't even lift yet. LOL

Safe Cracker Tishra Rothem, Shadow Priest of Elanthia
Re: New Titles 01/10/2007 07:13 PM CST
Well i know swamp shaman needs alot more TM or whatever then shaman, which doesnt make sense when you take into account wraith and forest wraith and arcane versions of other titles.

The only difference is sposed to be the swamp part which would be foraging and swimming, i think they didnt go by the normal rules for it tho :(
Re: New Titles 01/10/2007 07:29 PM CST
Yes there is a HUGE difference between a shaman and a swamp shaman. Swamp Shaman is a very elite title.

GM Lirrak
Cleric Liaison
Re: New Titles 01/10/2007 11:03 PM CST
>>Well i know swamp shaman needs alot more TM or whatever then shaman, which doesnt make sense when you take into account wraith and forest wraith and arcane versions of other titles.

Uhm it makes perfect sense if you're using those examples. The difference between Wraith and Forest Wraith is over 500 ranks.

-Teeklin

"Gown Removed Carelessly. Head, less so." - Joss Whedon
Re: New Titles 01/11/2007 04:35 PM CST
I thought someone posted that they wouldnt let forest wraith have more or less hiding then regular wraith

Well I personally dont see why being a shaman who lives in a swamp means more TM its not a special hierophant only swamp title. Just cause some high clerics call themself swamp shaman, i serious doubt thats the only swamp in the world

If im a shaman and i live in the swamp and swim and forage not sure whyd id need three times as much TM to be a swamp shaman.

Just seems to me the only difference is the swamp part which is the swimming and foraging part, thats just my opinion tho.

I still think a gm should at least tell me what skill it is that replaces TM so i can at least attempt to get it. Not even asking for rank just the skill
Re: New Titles 01/11/2007 05:16 PM CST
They probably did it just to irritate you, Valcer.
Re: New Titles 01/11/2007 08:31 PM CST
I thought you pretended to be a barbarian, Valcer.

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
Re: New Titles 01/12/2007 07:52 AM CST
>Well I personally dont see why being a shaman who lives in a swamp means more TM its not a special hierophant only swamp title. Just cause some high clerics call themself swamp shaman, i serious doubt thats the only swamp in the world

The swamp is dangerous. It is home to some of the biggest, meanest, non flex critters in the 4 provinces (p5 obviously changed that), and they are cursed, undead, or otherwise clericy. I would imagine that the title was patterened after the few clerics who DO call themselves swamp shaman.
Re: New Titles 01/12/2007 08:35 AM CST
>>I thought someone posted that they wouldnt let forest wraith have more or less hiding then regular wraith

Completely different situation since Forest Wraith is a ranger title and wraith is a general stealth title while Shaman and Swamp Shaman are both cleric titles.

Strangeguard

Re: New Titles 01/12/2007 12:50 PM CST
If you're looking for a precedent, look at Warrior Priest vs High Priest. By the same logic being applied to this situation, they shouldn't be very different. They're both Priests, after all. What's that you say? A High Priest is much more advanced than a simple Warrior Priest? Well, a Swamp Shaman is much more advanced than a simple Shaman.

Also, while the Zaulfung may not be the only swamp in the known world, it is likely the largest and definately the most notable. Therefore, it is reasonable to refer to it as THE swamp.

Fuquois
Re: New Titles 01/12/2007 01:03 PM CST
i was part of the swamp shamans :( not that i'll ever be up for the title. i got me a swamp backpack and everything.

You tap a black swamp backpack that you are wearing.

Stringy black moss and muddy green slime have been smeared over this black swamp backpack as a dire camoflauge.
There appears to be something written on it.

A black backpack reads:
"From the mire life begins... at my hand, it ends."

now i'm just a poser :)

Verbal
Re: New Titles 01/13/2007 09:56 PM CST
I think the Swamp Shaman title is somewhat unique in that it has no real relevance to any sort of title outside of DR. The title only exists because there is/was a group of clerics in the haven swamp calling themselves swamp shamans and it has caught on. With that in mind, I think it's entirely acceptable that the title be more or less modeled after those people, and if that means higher TM, then that's fine by me. I'll have the TM before I have the swimming, that's for sure.

working slowly but surely towards Swamp Shaman,
Brother Bromus
Re: New Titles 01/13/2007 10:41 PM CST
If you look back far enough, there is a wonderful post about the swamp shamans arriving into Riverhaven as an elite defense force. I don't remember which forum, but it was nice to read.

-- Holy Scholar Diarik Erasto, Arcane Researcher, in search of spiritweaving.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/pensive-spirit/
Re: New Titles 01/14/2007 06:24 AM CST
>If you look back far enough, there is a wonderful post about the swamp shamans arriving into Riverhaven as an elite defense force. I don't remember which forum, but it was nice to read.

That's actually exactly what they were. During sorrow's war, or the outcast war, it was nice to wander down the NTR and see them fighting a barrier and such. Of course, I then got to pick up all the coins/gems/etc. that were dropped, so I'm probably biased.
Re: New Titles 01/20/2007 10:15 PM CST
yeh well i was fighting with em, shalade was even my lt for a good while, i want the title! lol

No i never pretended to be a barbarian or any other guild everyone in the land knows what i am, i simply like titles that i find fitting i dont care what guild they are
New Titles 01/24/2007 10:10 AM CST
Hope everyone is enjoying the new ones, but there's still room for a LOT more. I'd like to have every guild hovering around 200 titles and right now, you guys are at 107. So...

What's missing?

The easy thing to do would be to add several titles that focus on the gods. Just adding two for each deity would put you very close to 200.

Now, there should also be deity-related titles available to the laymen as well, so here's the question:

What title(s) should Clerics have that link to specific gods?

What titles should everyone else have (and thusly Clerics have as well) that link to specific gods?

Solomon

What's going on?
http://www.livejournal.com/~drbubba

Re: New Titles 01/24/2007 10:29 AM CST
Solomon,

I've long thought that we should be able to set a specific Immortal as our Affliation title. It could simply be based off the last-favor mechanism that's already present in-game. This could be opened to everyone, not just Clerics.

For example, currently I use:

Soul Mutator Syralon Adranash, Warrior Priest of Velaka

which I could then change to:

Soul Mutator Syralon Adranash, Warrior Priest of Ushnish

It wouldn't help in adding to the overall number of titles, but it would provide an extra and sensible way for us to indicate our immortal choice. It could easily coexist with more specific immortal based titles.

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
Re: New Titles 01/24/2007 10:33 AM CST
Ive always wanted to show a way as following Meraud, without having to buy a ton of fluff that I'd never normally wear. Your idea would finally let me do that. I hope something like this is possible.

-Master Ndin
Re: New Titles 01/24/2007 10:51 AM CST
Hand of (Godname)
I could see this as perhaps being shared with Paladins.

(Godname)'s Blade
(Godname)'s Warrior
(Godname)'s Avatar [this might be a bit much, but it sounds cool]

Definitely include all 39 aspects and don't forget about the Rakash and Pryd gods.

Please, just no (Godname)'s [insert survival title here] a la the Arcane (everything) series.
I would hope that an "of God" affiliation title be available to all guilds.

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
>Scripting is not against policy. Bad scripts make baby Everild cry. ~ Ssra
Re: New Titles 01/24/2007 11:00 AM CST
Even though you are asking about (Eastern?) godly titles; I'd still like to see "Matchmaker" for those that have completed the rose quest.

Bambina
Re: New Titles 01/24/2007 11:03 AM CST
As a frequent raiser, my favor count is pretty much through the roof. Other people might remember Volentri's death spree when he wanted to change his last-favor; I'd prefer it if we didn't have to do that.

I'd accept it if it were based on last-favor, but I'm hoping that another mechanic can be conceived to handle it. After all, what if I changed gods? It's not easy to reflect this. What if I followed two gods (Diarik does)? And while there are some people who don't follow a single god because they're indecisive (for whatever reason...), there are almost certainly some who follow all of them as a matter of principle. It'd be nice to give them something, too.

I'm not criticizing the idea: heck, yes. Wearing "Arcane Researcher of Eluned" or "Arcane Researcher of Meraud" would be great. (<cough>Religions<cough>)

-- Holy Scholar Diarik Erasto, Arcane Researcher, in search of spiritweaving.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/pensive-spirit/
Re: New Titles 01/24/2007 11:09 AM CST
The title system is based off having to make choices from a variety of options. If you follow multiple individual gods and don't want to favor one over another, don't choose those titles.

A flexible, polytheistic system like we've got in DR means that it is prohibitively complex to cover all the bases.

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
Re: New Titles 01/24/2007 11:13 AM CST
One way to differentiate would be for laymen to only be allowed to designate the god they last got a favor for. Clerics could chose any god as their post.

I am trying to think of ways to designate multiple gods- I think there should be ways to designate at least 2 gods- Friar Flavius, Witchdoctor of Kertigen and Hodierna.

What about those who lean towards the Dark or Light Aspects of the pantheon? How about Friar Flavius, Witchdoctor of the Dark? Witchdoctor of the Light? Witchdoctor of the Grey?

I also like "of the 13"

Pre titles would be nice also- Faenella's Favorite Friar Flavius sounds lovely.

How about only clerics could have godly pre-titles, while all others could have godly post titles? That would make for some differentation.

Or perhaps there should be one generic non-cleric godly title: Follower of Meraud, Worshipper of Meraud, something like that
Re: New Titles 01/24/2007 11:15 AM CST
>What's missing?

Priest/Priestess. I'll be your best friend.

Ashareal, who also wouldn't mind seeing Rakash God based titles like Priestess of Mrod.
Re: New Titles 01/24/2007 11:29 AM CST
>What title(s) should Clerics have that link to specific gods?
>What titles should everyone else have (and thusly Clerics have as well) that link to specific gods?

There should be a "Religion" category for both cleric and non-cleric ones, so that Thieves can't pretend such titles. Sort of like MMs and the Astrology category.

Non-clerics:

Ushnish Follower: 15 favors
Ushnish Minion: 20 favors
Ushnish Devotee: 25 favors

Clerics:

Ushnish Priest: 15 favors plus 20th circle
Ushnish Fanatic: 20 favors plus 50th circle
Ushnish's Favorite: 25 favors plus 70th circle
Ushnish's Chosen: 30 favors plus regular Chosen reqs

>>I'd like to have every guild hovering around 200 titles and right now, you guys are at 107.

Hmm, it looks like there are about 9 completely unknown titles. Would it be possible to post a a full list of the latest batch without reqs, please?

That reminds me, Blessed and Ritualist seem to be in the system, but no one has them? I'd think they are low level titles.

>>I've long thought that we should be able to set a specific Immortal as our Affliation title. It could simply be based off the last-favor mechanism that's already present in-game.

Agreed. If that's not possible, I'd like "Priest of Ushnish" and "High Priest of Ushnish" in the Religion/Cleric category, at least.

>>(affiliation titles)This could be opened to everyone, not just Clerics.

Should require at least 30 favors, though.

>>How about only clerics could have godly pre-titles, while all others could have godly post titles? That would make for some differentation.

I like.

~Aeth
Re: New Titles 01/24/2007 12:02 PM CST
I agree on all of them, but please don't forget to Racial Gods for Rakash and Prydaen's? It would be nice to have titles assoicated with them where proper.

The only problem i can see with the use of favors is, i recall a cleric needing to kill himself around 50 times
just to change the last god he gained a favor with.

So i'd rather seem them added in a genearl sense if they are for clerics to choose from, and of course this wouldn't work for the Racial gods since they have no favor orbs.

The Dragon priest hisses, "We'd have won, too, if it weren't for thossse meddling kidsss."
>
Re: New Titles 01/24/2007 12:27 PM CST
Would it be possible to add post a post title 'Chosen of <diety>'? Perhaps something like that should be favor-based.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: New Titles 01/24/2007 12:37 PM CST
I wouldn't mind 'Hand of the gods', 'servant of the gods', and the ilk, but I think it's way too long for a title?

And I'd suggest everyone have access to '<god>'s servant, etc.

I'd also like to hedge away from the last-favor system, since it can be a bit scetchy.

Perhaps God's fist/blade/hammer with appropriate brawling/bladed/blunt skills.

I'd actually like to see more magic titles, perhaps based on spell posesion. Could you have 'Orison Bob'?

Transmutor for having EF/BF maybe?