Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/05/2005 11:49 AM CDT
I'm looking to get in contact with anyone that would have songs and stories geared toward us immigrants from Albaria. Please reply here or contact me through my Play.net addy. If your not a Kaldar but know one poke em in this direction will ya? :) Much obliged.

>hail bard

--
Ranger Hanryu _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, Sword of House Calibanor
(proud Kaldar)
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/15/2005 12:28 AM CDT
Raziaar enters the room with a proud look on his face, obviously standing on the tips of his toes as he exclaims, "I am a Kaldar!"

No... no... Just a human :-/

But good luck! Kaldar and Gnomes are some of the rarest bards there are. We have more S'kra bards than i've seen of Kaldar bards. Gnomes are a little more common than Kaldar or so i've seen.

Troubadour Raziaar
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/15/2005 05:43 AM CDT
I don't even know any applicable songs for those cultures. I'd sure like to learn some though. Anyone know any?

Isaura

Tenderly the night slips her fingers into the spaces between stars, sweet as rain, as tears, as mercy given freely.
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/15/2005 10:58 AM CDT
Oh, let me try to remember the name of the Kaldar bard who got my attention years ago. I do not think I have seen him since I returned, but his stories and songs had a great background.

K. His name started with a K, I think. He was exquisite. I will try to keep remembering. I need some more caffeine still, it is early....

~Dreamheart
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/15/2005 11:20 AM CDT
Rhaury, I believe was his name, or something close to it. All right, I know, there is no K in it... but he was charming and very talented.

And I have not seen him in at least a year, maybe 2. :(

~Dreamheart
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/15/2005 04:57 PM CDT
>>Rhaury, I believe was his name, or something close to it.

Yep, Rhaury Ui'Eochaid. I have one of his songs in my repetoire. Good writer.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/16/2005 02:45 AM CDT
>Rhaury Ui'Eochaid

I have one or two of his songs as well... Fynn MacNaill taught them to me, as well as one or two of his own when I met him in prime a couple years or so ago :)

Fynn was an interesting person to talk to and the songs he taught me are among my favorites.

~Azimee

~~
If you find yourself confronted by a group of armed guards, be warned that they will attack you in mass. No matter what you have been told by other sources, rest assured that they will not line up to attack you one by one. ~Handbook of Practical Heroics
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/16/2005 05:32 AM CDT
Care to name the songs so I can try and find them, or post them under the Songs to Share folder? You've piqued my curiosity...

Isa

Tenderly the night slips her fingers into the spaces between stars, sweet as rain, as tears, as mercy given freely.
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/16/2005 09:14 AM CDT
I miss both Rhaury and Fynn.

::ponders:: Wow, there are so many I miss.

Daerlynn
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/16/2005 09:28 AM CDT
>>Rhaury Ui'Eochaid and Kaldar songs

Now I'm quite excited! As the most recent poll shows at 7pm last night there were only 20 Kaldar in game, the lowest percentage. So finding this kind of information can be hard! Anyway if any of you do find any of this songs about, please post them or send them to me. Thanks again, at least its a start. . .

--
Ranger Hanryu _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, Sword of House Calibanor
>It's not just a simple matter of "Oh wheeee, let's add a last name ~ Solomon
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/16/2005 10:43 AM CDT
Oh, by all means if you have permission to teach any of Rhaury's things, please share them. He told a masterful story of the two brothers, too.

~Dreamheart
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/16/2005 10:47 AM CDT
When Fynn taught me his songs and Rhaury's, he indicated that songs were to be shared (at least that's my recollection of the conversation...) See the Songs to Share folder, where I've posted the ones I know.

I never actually met Rhaury, so I never heard the story you mention :)

~Azimee

~~
If you find yourself confronted by a group of armed guards, be warned that they will attack you in mass. No matter what you have been told by other sources, rest assured that they will not line up to attack you one by one. ~Handbook of Practical Heroics
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/16/2005 12:05 PM CDT
Hanryu, you meaning Prime Bards? My Bard in prime is Kaldar :-)

A large majority of my characters are Kaldar. I like the way the train, and am always interested in history.

And he has a beautiful voice...as said by a few people that I ran into while singing some songs :grin:

~Brady, player of I'm a Lover Not a Fighter Elavin Rismel.

"If your house costs 3 plat, and your dog costs 18....you maight bey a redneck..."
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/16/2005 01:27 PM CDT
Thanks so much. Yes, Fynn is a dear memory, too.

~Dreamheart
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/16/2005 07:21 PM CDT
I think Jaggonrazor is a Kaldar bard in prime also.

Gale Isembard (Heavy Human Bard)

Nightclubbing we're nightclubbing
We're walking through town
We walk like a ghost
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/16/2005 09:53 PM CDT
>Thanks so much. Yes, Fynn is a dear memory, too. ~Dreamheart

Just because I came across it while looking for the log where I met Fynn...

You see Bard Llywelfynn MacNaill, an Elf.
He has pointed ears and amber eyes. His red hair is shoulder length and wavy, and is worn loose. He has fair skin.
He is young for an Elf.
He has some light stubble on his face.

He has faint scuffing to the head, faint scuffing to the neck, some faint scars along the right arm, cuts and bruises about the left arm, cuts and bruises about the right leg, an occasional twitching in the right leg, some faint scars along the left leg, faint scuffing to the chest, faint scuffing to the abdomen, faint scuffing to the back.

He is wearing a lumpy bundle, an ebony glengarry with ribbon streamers, a fine chain hauberk painted with multi-colored diamonds, a hide-covered wooden shield, a green gem pouch, a black leather hand-tooled highwayman's belt, a linen leine, some forest green boots, a belt quiver fashioned from a carved hollow mammoth tusk, a wren-etched ivory ring, a colorful patchwork greatcloak embroidered in gold with musical instruments, a carved beryl Elothean bauble, a blue wool kilt, a rich sable harness, a green silk long pouch secured with a sun-shaped ivory button, a mist-filled crystal globe hanging from a fine gold chain, a bronze medallion stamped with the image of a flying wren, a heavy-banded sterling silver ring embracing a blood red ruby, a carved ivory pick and an ebony journey pack.

I hope it brings back good memories :) As I said, I very much enjoyed meeting him and talking with him.

~Azimee

~~~
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/16/2005 10:43 PM CDT
Rhaury gave an Arthe Dale concert in 2001. It is one of the concerts that Mykk does not have a log of, at his site. Perhaps if Mykk reads the boards again, he can email this one to me if he has it.

For any of you that don't know, Mykk used to log all of the Arthe Dale concerts, then post a wonderful log. Not all of them that he attended are posted since it is obviously a lot of work. And, unfortunately for all of us, Mykk no longer plays.

Anyway, his site is still a treasure:

www.arthedale.com

For the concert logs directly:.

www.arthedale.com/bard/concerts.html

Daerlynn
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/16/2005 10:58 PM CDT
>Rhaury gave an Arthe Dale concert in 2001. It is one of the concerts that Mykk does not have a log of, at his site. Perhaps if Mykk reads the boards again, he can email this one to me if he has it.

I'd love to see a copy of this if you get it, Daerlynn.

I look though the concerts on Mykk's site fairly regularly, and occasionally add a song from one of them to my repertoire. I like the thought that by doing this, plat players get to hear some of the wonderful songs that have been written by prime bards. :)

~Azimee

~~~
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/17/2005 08:04 AM CDT
<<I think Jaggonrazor is a Kaldar bard in prime also.>>

JR is human, Galen... He's just taller than you.

Xanzie :D

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and martini in hand, body thoroughly worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/19/2005 07:05 AM CDT
* Your post here *

Oh yeah I was thinking of Bozeman not JR.

Bozeman was Kaldar.

Gale

We walk like a ghost
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/19/2005 05:17 PM CDT
Thanks for your kind words Daerlynn. I'm proud to leave the site up, especially for the concert logs. My way of saying thanks to my fellow Bards.

And I still pay my dues to Simu each month, and I still read the boards. Got married in RL 3 weeks ago :-)

Unfortunately, I went through some backup of logs I kept, and I see your concert from 6/16/01, and I see Caitilin's from 11/10/01, but I don't see Rhaury's (6/30/01) or Tahatia's (7/14/01). I'll keep poking around, but it's not a good sign.

Happy gaming,

--aka Mykk
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/19/2005 05:29 PM CDT
>Got married in RL 3 weeks ago :-)

Congrats Mykk~!

Gale
We walk like a ghost
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/19/2005 11:02 PM CDT
Congrats Mykk!!! Would love to see you back! ::hugs::

I am very, very happy for you.

If you have any unposted logs, could you let me know? I know two bardesses that may be trying to get a site going with the newewr concerts - maybe they could clean up those ones too, or maybe they could work with you or something.

Thanks Mykk!!

Daerly
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/20/2005 01:06 PM CDT
Hooray for Mykk

~Dreamheart
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/21/2005 09:21 AM CDT

Congratulations to you, Mykk!

Roxana Bloodlan
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 08/21/2005 02:28 PM CDT
Congratulations Mykk!

Ryeka and a baby bard or three!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Seeking Kaldar and Gnome Bards 10/27/2005 02:50 PM CDT
I'ma Gnome. :D

Augenballgro?e Stcke vom Teig formen
Im Staubzucker walzen und
Sagt die Zauberworter
Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim

Auf ein gefettetes Backblech legen und
Bei zweihundert Grad fr fnfzehn Minuten backen und
KEINE EIER