Questions for those that attend the Arthe Dale concerts 12/10/2004 02:40 PM CST
I am not planning on anything, just trying to get an idea.. but if anyone that attends wouldn't mind giving your opinions, please let me know.

1. Would you still attend if the concert series were moved to Riverhaven? Perhaps even north of there?
2. Would you still attend if alternate, or some concerts, were moved north? (I don't like this idea at all, but it's an idea)
3. What is a good IC reason for my character to keep putting on the concerts in Arthe Dale?

Like I said, I am not planning on doing anything. I am really interested in Q3, for that reason.

Thanks to anyone that answers.

Daerlynn
Re: Questions for those that attend the Arthe Dale concerts 12/13/2004 08:49 AM CST
<<3. What is a good IC reason for my character to keep putting on the concerts in Arthe Dale?>>

Well, since no one else has responded yet, I thought I'd give it a whirl.

You're putting on a show, so it makes sense to want to perform in front of as large of an audience as possible.

When it comes down to pure numbers, I could be wrong but I imagine Crossing is still number one for that, and its central to pretty much all of the world.

But I wouldn't imagine you'd want a show in Crossing, so... wheres a really nice place near the Crossing? Arthe Dale! And there you have it. Doesn't it just make sense? ;)

...besides, the Halflings would be sad if you stopped!

Though on a sidenote, I don't know why I'm arguing, don't do it in Haven! But further north, that'd be good, har har.

~Jycanth
Re: Questions for those that attend the Arthe Dale concerts 12/13/2004 09:43 AM CST
>When it comes down to pure numbers, I could be wrong but I imagine Crossing is still number one for that, and its central to pretty much all of the world.

>But I wouldn't imagine you'd want a show in Crossing, so... wheres a really nice place near the Crossing? Arthe Dale! And there you have it. Doesn't it just make sense? ;)

Very true, and that is the reason they were established there so long ago. The problem I have, from a In Character persective, is that Daerlynn should be doing things in Therengia, not Zoluren.

>...besides, the Halflings would be sad if you stopped!

I miss Mykk!!!!!!!

Daerlynn
Re: Questions for those that attend the Arthe Dale concerts 12/13/2004 11:28 AM CST
<< I miss Mykk!!!!!!! >>

I miss Mykk too :-( Am probably going to put my account on hold soon though. Not enough time to play (and the premium price hike never sat well with me). Will keep the past concert logs on ArtheDale.com as my "gift" to DR. Also might clean a couple more up, since I sort of promised Eleneri I would for Niteshiver's concert. And Daerlynn's 75th comes to mind too.

I can say Mykk would definately be quite sad though if they moved. He considered them the jewel of his goal to bring the arts and culture to Arthe Dale. But do what you have to do, holding the concerts is the important thing.

--aka Mykk
Re: Questions for those that attend the Arthe Dale concerts 12/13/2004 12:18 PM CST
<<Very true, and that is the reason they were established there so long ago. The problem I have, from a In Character persective, is that Daerlynn should be doing things in Therengia, not Zoluren. >>

I can't manage to get to many concerts but I might as well drop my 2 kronars.
As I see it, Up north you'll tend to have the more established bards on one hand, but a rather small group of younger ones. The way I look at it, one of the things the concerts do is help promote the more creative part of the guild to the younger folk, help nudge those who need the first nudge and besides, give them another nice event to mingle with the rest of the bards and folks around. That in itself might be a good enough cause, but aside from that, A court bardess could also be on the lookout for people to sponser, maybe even find the occasional apprentice to snatch to Theren (If you ever mention I suggested drawing away from the crossing potential of new bards I will of course deny furiously ;P ). Anyway, I hope that helps.

Siltoth

Stealer of Silvy's Hugs
Re: Questions for those that attend the Arthe Dale concerts 12/13/2004 01:12 PM CST
Being a Therengian (and an active member of the bard relocation underground) I would be very happy to not have to travel all the way down to Arthe Dale to see concerts.

But as much as I would like that, I don't think that series should move for a number of reasons. The exposure is excellent, the tradition is well entrenched, the turnout is very good, and it's a central location. Plus the Crossing needs all the culture it can get.

A second series - perhaps in a more intimate setting - might work. I know this nice little pub in Langenfirth...

- Useff
Re: Questions for those that attend the Arthe Dale concerts 12/13/2004 03:04 PM CST
>A second series - perhaps in a more intimate setting - might work. I know this nice little pub in Langenfirth...

I have been playing with this idea, and has somewhat been my preference all along. What are your thoughts, exactly? And what is the rp reason Daer keeps the concerts in Arthe?

Daerlynn
Re: Questions for those that attend the Arthe Dale concerts 12/13/2004 11:28 PM CST
<<I have been playing with this idea, and has somewhat been my preference all along. What are your thoughts, exactly? And what is the rp reason Daer keeps the concerts in Arthe?>>

::sings loudly:: Tradition! Tradition! TradiTION!

Arthe Dale Concert has only ever once had to move to another location. It has been a point of pride for many years for you.

Xanzie's two copper. Jumps up to the rooftop with her fiddle.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and martini in hand, body thoroughly worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Re: Questions for those that attend the Arthe Dale concerts 12/14/2004 06:09 AM CST
>Arthe Dale Concert has only ever once had to move to another location.

Well, before Dewsong hops in here.. ::looks around:: .. the concerts have been moved to Crossing at least twice. I think that was all. Dewsong during the Sorrow War, and Obsideon during the Outcast War.

Daerlynn
Re: Questions for those that attend the Arthe Dale concerts 12/14/2004 09:32 PM CST
Ah heck I forgot about Obsideon.. I missed that one :( I remember Dewsong though. Only one I thought....

Okay,.. so only twice has the the concert had to move to another location!

Xanzie, Blonde and loving it!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and martini in hand, body thoroughly worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"