Arthe Dale goes Multimedia for the 75th concert! 10/06/2004 02:52 PM CDT
The Arthe Dale concerts, probably the longest running event in the land, will celebrate it's 75th concert by going multimedia!

This Saturday evening, October 9th at 11pm eastern, the featured performer is... well.. me!!
Daerlynn Soulmyste, Bardess of Theren! And some of the concert will be more than just IG text, if you care to participate.

In addition to text songs and stories, there will be three original music files that the IG song will be synchronized to, not accounting for individual computer speeds and lag. These files are available at:

http://www.geocities.com/daerlynn/music.html

There are three file types for each song file - mp3, rm and wma. I would recommend using the mp3 files if possible. Listen to the files first if you wish, and email me if you have a problem.

Since these are not WAV files (which are way too large for me to upload), the game front cannot start them automatically with a string trigger. If you want to listen to the files during the concert, you must save them and have them in your player ready to go. Each song has a phrase that is the trigger - you just manually start the player as soon as you see the phrase appear on screen.

As I mentioned, there are three songs out there. These are not modern genre (rock or jazz) songs, I tried to keep them loosely in styles and instrumentation that could fit Elanthia. They are, in the order in which they will be performed:

Canon for Tahatia - A wedding/love song. This has words and music by me, intertwined around a famous classical piece. A hybrid of an original song with an old classic.

The Lassie's Suitors - a humorous song, done in the style of a jig or tarantella. The words are by me and were always written in my head to this melody - which must have come from a folk song. I really don't know, its just always been in my head. Probably a filk type of song.

The Mime - a very personal, introspective song. The words and music are completely by me.

As always, I like to try new things with my songs, and give myself challenges. I hope that you will be patient as I attempt this.

Daerlynn
Re: Arthe Dale goes Multimedia for the 75th concert! 10/07/2004 07:23 PM CDT
Very impressive and creative, indeed, Daerlynn. I'm hoping I can get my computer to dl properly, I don't do mp3's and such. Maybe I'll nag Useff to walk me through step by step.

Still, this is a great example of what wonderfully talented people we have in the bard guild!

Kithria