Help for an Arthe Dale concert 08/28/2004 09:04 PM CDT
Hello, everyone.

For my own concert on Saturday, 10/9, I was hoping that some bards would help me! Most of this is quite easy, you just have to show up with the proper instrument (or as close to it as the realms allows, I will let you be the judge). Basically, I will need to know so that I can add your names into the performance.

Here is what I need:

- Two violinists
- Cellist
- Someone that has (or I can say that they have!) a squeezebox. This person it would be preferred to show up in a jester's outfit.
- Someone to play Anorahle and someone to play Rivyn, Morganae's daughter and son. These last two would need to practice with me beforehand to learn their parts, and need to be able to BLUFF DEAD convincingly, and be prepared to do so during the concert.

Please let me know via email, at daeriynn@aol.com.

Thank you!!

Daerlynn
Re: Help for an Arthe Dale concert 08/29/2004 01:57 AM CDT
>>- Someone that has (or I can say that they have!) a squeezebox. This person it would be preferred to show up in a jester's outfit.

Well, I have the jester's outfit... but a squeezebox? shudder <g>

- Shavay.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Re: Help for an Arthe Dale concert 08/29/2004 08:22 AM CDT
I can be Shavays backup in case he gets sqeezebox fright...

But seriously Daery...if ya need me just yell

Robo

The weather is here....wish you were beautiful.
Re: Help for an Arthe Dale concert 08/29/2004 10:51 AM CDT
Sorry, Daerlynn. Don't have any of the items you requested.

But I'll promise I will return all hugs and at least 75% of all tips that are accidentally given to her instead of you. And one of these days, we really need to give folks a class in comparative biology...

Daerri; the player of,

Those destined to die greet you
Take your sword
And dance, dance, dance, dance!
Dance the dance of death!
--- Das Ich, Kain und Abel (translation)
Re: Help for an Arthe Dale concert 08/29/2004 11:11 PM CDT
Is there anything in Elanthia which resembles a cello? blinks If so, I want one! Er, or I want to know if I already have one....

I really do need more sleep. ;)

-Eleneri
Re: Help for an Arthe Dale concert 08/30/2004 12:16 AM CDT
>Is there anything in Elanthia which resembles a cello?

You get a hog-tied gnome from inside your leather haversack.

-Derivan

Instrument Creation: Maybe next year.
Re: Help for an Arthe Dale concert 08/30/2004 10:06 AM CDT
<<You get a hog-tied gnome from inside your leather haversack.>>

That looks more like breakfast than a cello.

Sanya

I was taking a walk in the park when this post said I stole its purse. I tried to get away, but it just kept on coming. So I had to beat it to death with this purse I found.
-MOD-ILEDEMUS

Re: Help for an Arthe Dale concert 08/30/2004 04:24 PM CDT
>Is there anything in Elanthia which resembles a cello?

I am not sure a squeezebox in the realms off the top of my head, but I would say that at least the lyra viol is close to a cello.

From http://www.vdgsa.org/pgs/stuff.html :

A viol is a bowed string instrument. Similar to the cello, the viol, or viola da gamba, is played between the legs (hence the name 'viola da gamba', literally 'leg-viol'). While it is not a direct ancestor of the violin, there is some kinship between the two instrument families.

Some of the different viol sizes include:
Pardessus (high treble)
Treble
Alto
Small tenor
Tenor
Bass
Violone (contrabass)

Only the treble, tenor and bass viols were regular members of the consort.

Some of the bass-pitched viols were specially tailored for particular repertoires:

Division Viol: An English form of bass viola da gamba, used in the 17th century for performing free ornamentation by varying given melodies. It was the equivalent of the European viola bastarda, and was smaller than a consort bass viol but larger than a lyra viol.

Lyra viol: A small bass viol popular in England during the 17th century. It differed otherwise little from the standard bass viol. Its repertory, notated in tablature, is pre-dominantly polyphonic and played mainly with the bow. The sources include pieces for one lyra viol or more, and lyra viol accompaniment for songs, by composers such as Coprario, Jenkins, William Lawes and Tobias Hume. At least 60 different tunings have been noted.

Viola bastarda: An Italian 16th and 17th century term for a small bass viol, the continental equivalent of the English Division Viol.

For my purposes, it's close enough. And if there is no IG equivalent to the squeezebox, I will still show in my song that you are using one. The music is already written.

So far, I have Jastima on one of the violin parts, Eleneri on possibly the cello part if she can find an instrument, and Roboson on however he can help! ::smiles:: Shavay, were you actually interested or not? The jester needs to be the squeezebox player, unfortunately.

I will also need chorus members, but I was gonna use whoever was there at the concert for that!

Thanks, everyone.

Daerlynn
Re: Help for an Arthe Dale concert 08/30/2004 08:47 PM CDT
I am pretty sure I have a treble viol. Somewhere.

~Dreamheart
Re: Help for an Arthe Dale concert 08/30/2004 11:12 PM CDT
It doesn't really resemble a cello, but a bandoura is at least sorta cello-sized... it's an instrument in like Lithuanian folk music or something, but it looks more like a giant mandolin or something.

McKatelee

~~And music with its silver sound shall swiftly rend redress~
Re: Help for an Arthe Dale concert 08/30/2004 11:59 PM CDT
I am pretty sure I have a treble viol. Somewhere.

~Dreamheart

You ladies are giving me instrument envy. chuckles

-Eleneri, not just the president of Instrumentalists Anonymous, but also a client
Re: Help for an Arthe Dale concert 08/31/2004 12:22 PM CDT
Might want to try something else, as the Bandoura is played with a pick rather than with a bow (depending on the style of play she wants)

Eilee

>It doesn't really resemble a cello, but a bandoura is at least sorta cello-sized... it's an instrument in like Lithuanian folk music or something, but it looks more like a giant mandolin or something.

McKatelee<
Help for an Arthe Dale concert (update) 09/03/2004 02:41 PM CDT
As an update, I am still currently looking for one violinist (will you do that, Robo?) and someone with excellent BLUFF abilities to play Anorahle.

In addition, I am looking for the following props, if anyone has them and will be at the concert:

- human girl doll with flaming red hair dressed in a silk sarong
- winking gypsy doll
- rag doll
- velvet bat doll with leathery wings
- the viking doll with the horned helmet
- any other dolls (let me know)

Please let me know...

Daerlynn
Re: Help for an Arthe Dale concert (update) 09/11/2004 09:31 PM CDT
I've got a scary monster doll and an annoyed victim doll <hee hee> Either of those work?

Xanzie :D

You slide a platinum engagement ring set with a dark red ruby teardrop onto your finger.
Xandesa covers her eyes with her hand.
Miach says, "mine"
Miach points at you.
Miach nods to Xandesa.
Xandesa says, "how Toggishly romantic"
Re: Help for an Arthe Dale concert (update) 09/16/2004 11:00 PM CDT
>I've got a scary monster doll and an annoyed victim doll <hee hee> Either of those work?

>Xanzie :D

I've seen those in action, I'm jealous Xanzie. As for other dolls, I've got one of the dragon dolls from the ship merchants a few years ago, I believe it's the bardic one with a tankard, would that be of use Daerlynn?

- Tath
Re: Help for an Arthe Dale concert (update) 09/17/2004 10:05 AM CDT
All of thos would work!! If you could get them to me IG sometime prior to 10/2 so I can update my song, I would appreciate it!

And I will give them back!! Promise!! (Why do you think I am asking for help now?!! ::grins:: )

Thank you!

Daerly
Re: Help for an Arthe Dale concert (update) 09/21/2004 02:29 PM CDT
And now I'm very upset... I'll be at a wedding and then a bonfire that night. If I hadn't had these plans for months I'd happily have been the other violin. However, break a leg everyone involved and I can't wait to hear all about it when I get back!

~Achrennight

"Sweet desert rose
Each of her veils, a secret promise
This desert flower
No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this"