Where do you find these instruments? 06/24/2008 11:38 AM CDT
Where can I get myself a didgerido and a set of bagpipes?

---

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.
Re: Where do you find these instruments? 06/24/2008 11:52 AM CDT
The bagpipes can be found in P 5.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Where do you find these instruments? 06/24/2008 12:09 PM CDT
The didgeridoo can be found in the sutler's wagon south of Shard, near Corik's wall.

And as ENOTS said, the bagpipes can be found in P5 - Drums & Drones, the music shop in Hibarnhvidar.

~Azimee

~~~
If you find yourself confronted by a group of armed guards, be warned that they will attack you in mass. No matter what you have been told by other sources, rest assured that they will not line up to attack you one by one. ~Handbook of Practical Heroics
Re: Where do you find these instruments? 06/27/2008 12:06 PM CDT
It still amazes me that people can ask, "Where can I get bagpipes?" and get an answer!

Danner
Re: Where do you find these instruments? 06/27/2008 01:16 PM CDT
Never did get those Lasca skin ones did you?

D
Re: Where do you find these instruments? 06/27/2008 08:07 PM CDT
Bagpipes are also available in the bard shop at the Theren theater.

-V.

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: Where do you find these instruments? 06/27/2008 08:28 PM CDT
I didn't realize that, Vae. I haven't been up there since it opened.

I'll have to check it out.

~Azimee

~~~
If you find yourself confronted by a group of armed guards, be warned that they will attack you in mass. No matter what you have been told by other sources, rest assured that they will not line up to attack you one by one. ~Handbook of Practical Heroics
Re: Where do you find these instruments? 06/28/2008 02:23 AM CDT
I believe the Theren pipes are identical to the ones in Hibarnvidar except that the LOOK on the Hib ones shows 'masterfully-crafted bagpipes' while the Theren versions are just 'bagpipes.' I haven't played around with their difficulties at all, so there could be some kind of functional difference there I'm not a aware of.

-Evran
Re: Where do you find these instruments? 06/28/2008 09:18 AM CDT
Anyone know how difficult the bagpipes and didgeridoo are to play?

---

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.
Re: Where do you find these instruments? 06/28/2008 12:16 PM CDT
They're both pretty difficult. The didjeridu was the most difficult wind instrument to play for a long time, although I believe bagpipes took that honor when they were released.

To get an idea, in Plat with 400ish winds and 500ish theory, I can play a minuet on the bagpipes or the didjeridu with a slight hint of difficulty. I have no idea what the low end to sound decent is, but you could probably play them badly for a very long time if you wanted.

~Azimee

~~~
Re: Where do you find these instruments? 06/28/2008 01:34 PM CDT
When I tested out the new concertina, I found it to be just as hard as the bagpipes, but it appraised higher and weighed less than the bags, so I found my new favorite. But bagpipes sure do look cool.

Aveda's Field Guide- http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com
Re: Where do you find these instruments? 06/28/2008 03:25 PM CDT
I just play bagpipes to watch Useff put in his ear plugs. :-)

~Eoworfinia~
Dartenian fades into view.
A horde of Lawrence Welk fans decend on the area.
Dartenian whimpers softly.
Re: Where do you find these instruments? 06/28/2008 03:48 PM CDT
<<When I tested out the new concertina, I found it to be just as hard as the bagpipes, but it appraised higher and weighed less than the bags, so I found my new favorite. But bagpipes sure do look cool.

Only problem I've found with the concertina is it doesn't fit into my instrument case, so I remain a piper for now.

-Evran
Re: Where do you find these instruments? 06/29/2008 09:13 AM CDT
> I just play bagpipes to watch Useff put in his ear plugs. :-)

This is why we are never in the same province, anymore.

Q. How can you tell if a bagpipe is out of tune?
A. Someone is blowing into it.

And furthermore...

Q. What's the definition of a gentleman?
A. Someone who knows how to play the bagpipe and doesn't.

Should be illegal!

- Useff

Macfrae frowns at you as he says, "BAH! You already know that enchante. Why make me repeat things for you when you already know the answer? You owe me a beer for this!"
Re: Where do you find these instruments? 06/30/2008 08:28 AM CDT
I was able to play off-key scales with slight difficulty on the bagpipes with about 200 winds as a non-Bard when they first came out. I haven't tried them again since I got more skill. Maybe I'll pull em out of the vault and give it another go.

~Minstrel Ascot, Musician of M'riss
Re: Where do you find these instruments? 07/01/2008 07:34 AM CDT
Off-key should be the only song option for bagpipes!

>play ditty
You begin a off-key jig on your bagpipes with only the slightest hint of difficulty.

>stop play
You stop playing your song.

>play jig
You begin a off-key jig on your bagpipes with only the slightest hint of difficulty.

>stop play
You stop playing your song.

>put bagpipes in bucket

Tabby Faye
Re: Where do you find these instruments? 07/01/2008 07:35 AM CDT
Heh apparently a jig is also the only option.

Tabby Faye
Re: Where do you find these instruments? 07/03/2008 12:41 AM CDT
>The didgeridoo can be found in the sutler's wagon south of Shard, near Corik's wall.

I was informed that I remembered incorrectly where this was sold. It's available in Horse Clan, not the sutler's wagon. Sorry for the misinformation!

~Azimee

~~~