Throw voice 09/09/2018 05:23 PM CDT
I’ve been playing my bard again and really wish he had access to the VTs from thieves. I’ve always wished that the two guilds could teach each other their respective VTs. It seems silly to limit them when realistically they should be able to do both. So maybe thieves could teach theirs to bards as well? Thoughts?

Monster Elec

Community first. Guild always.
Re: Throw voice 09/09/2018 07:22 PM CDT
>>So maybe thieves could teach theirs to bards as well? Thoughts?

Agree 100%. Evike knows I have wanted this for a while. ;)

My guess is just no bandwidth to do it.

- Navesi
Re: Throw voice 09/10/2018 12:52 AM CDT
I don’t mind guilds sharing things when there’s precedent. Slip is an example. Thieves and Rangers and Necros all have it but get the different ones at different times. Even if the bard/thief model worked like that. It would just be an easy “freebie” but if dev that is already mostly there. Just need to cross the right wires.

Monster Elec

Re: Throw voice 09/10/2018 05:04 PM CDT
I always appreciate guild level distinctions, but this is one that as a decade+ long bard makes me a bit crazy.

Why do thieves not just get the benefit of Bardic VT teachers, but get VTs that are arguably more interesting and RP oriented than the guild that has performance and a hard req?

I'd be 100% onboard with both making VT something more accessible to thieves while also giving bards access to the FULL complement of a skill based on voice.

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Throw voice 09/10/2018 06:35 PM CDT
The grass is greener. I’ve always wanted Bard VT instead of thieves. Lol

Monster Elec