Bar(d) Badge 03/30/2014 08:25 PM CDT
Here's a summary of a bit of a brainstorm between bards:

A bar(d) badge would records taverns and bars, basically same way the shrine badges work...it keeps a list of them all.
And we can focus on it a set number of times / day / hours or whatever is reasonable to restore mojo.
Perhaps it would have a bonus for groups.
Could work for anyone... who was a drunk. But would only work to restore mojo for bards.
They would bond to the user.
If you fill the badge you get like an honorary bard title or something like that, Professional drunk. For 10, it could be something like teatotaler, for 100 Master drunk.
Re: Bar(d) Badge 03/30/2014 09:57 PM CDT
Mechanics:
Not a GM, but from what I've heard, pilgrim badges are not really the mechanical equivalent you want. Supposedly they have severe limits on how many locations they can recognize and mechanically they're not pretty.

Or I could be thinking about something else entirely.

Flavor:
It's not a bad idea in and of itself, but it seems like the guild is specifically working towards lessening the image of the drunken jester (though not eliminating it) as the primary image of the guild.

My personal feeling is I'd rather see it function for more varied locations, such as bars and libraries. Or maybe evoke locations. Basically something that encompasses more of the guild than the drinking aspect.

But I don't play a Bard so I might be off base.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Bar(d) Badge 03/31/2014 09:35 AM CDT
I like the idea. It's an optional collection quest.

Likely, the drunken tone of such an item could be reduced by having one visit places where song and performance are of importance. Clearly this would include some of the more famous bars but also leaves room for theaters, libraries, and even some guildhalls (not all have to be bard guildhalls too).

I like making them mechanically advantageous to bards though. Like pilgrim's badges, cleric's have a mechanic use for them but everyone interest in piety could use them.

Nikpack
Re: Bar(d) Badge 04/02/2014 12:44 AM CDT
Some of us still love to play the drunken buffoon, and would love to see a badge of this type. :) I know there would be a fair number of Bards roaming around getting "badged".
Re: Bar(d) Badge 04/02/2014 05:43 AM CDT
We could use so many more things than a badge like this...
Re: Bar(d) Badge 04/02/2014 10:12 AM CDT
>>We could use so many more things than a badge like this...

Ya first catch up to Alwinarlt then you can ask about a bards badge.

http://tinyurl.com/murmmlc
Re: Bar(d) Badge 04/02/2014 06:50 PM CDT

Folks, because you feel other things are a priority doesn't mean that this idea couldn't also have merit.

If you have suggestions that have not already been suggested, feel free to contribute!

Thanks.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.