Bardic Combos! 02/28/2013 11:12 AM CST
Since there's downtime, I thought I'd write up some Bard ideas for the new combo system. As noted, we have the highest Tactics requirement, we're Lore Prime and Weapons Secondary, so let's get some abilities up in here! Some of these might be base functionality for Bards using tactics. Some could easily be triggered with such traditionally Bardic verbs as RECALL COMBO (remembering maneuvers from legendary battles) or BLUFF COMBO (luring your opponent into a vulnerable position) and teach Bardic Lore. Others might be better as enchantes.

* First, it might be nice if we could reroll combos. Alternately, maybe we could see two possible combos instead of one, where choosing one (by doing the approach move) makes the other one disappear. This would give us a little more versatility.
* As per traditional Bard approaches, we could get inspirational combos. Landing a combo might give party members a vit and stamina regen buff for a while, or even increase harness regeneration (especially useful when you're always running cyclics).
* This might be a little War Magey, but what about a Tactics buff that also caused a fiery explosion when we completed a combo?
Re: Bardic Combos! 02/28/2013 04:51 PM CST
To go a different direction, how about integrating some special maneuvers into the combos?

>analyze goblin
You reveal a moderate weakness in a goblin's defense.
Balance reduction can be inflicted upon the enemy by landing an elbow, a punch, and a beguile (sit).
Roundtime: 1 sec.

Or for a little Monkey Island:

>analyze goblin
You reveal a moderate weakness in a goblin's defense.
Armor reduction can be inflicted upon the enemy by landing a jab, a taunt and a thrust.
Roundtime: 1 sec.
Re: Bardic Combos! 02/28/2013 10:36 PM CST
>>Armor reduction can be inflicted upon the enemy by landing a jab, a taunt and a thrust.

You fight like a dairy farmer!

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Re: Bardic Combos! 03/01/2013 02:28 AM CST
> You fight like a dairy farmer!

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
Re: Bardic Combos! 03/01/2013 06:15 AM CST
...sounds like a family reunion now. Someone say something disparaging about my mother and call me fat and bald? Oh, and serve cheese logs.

Pants.