Scream Concussive 02/06/2013 02:15 PM CST
Is this broken? If not, what skills does it contest? And what determines damage? I'm currently learning Melee Mastery (this seems wrong), Performance, and Bardic Lore. I only ever do glancing strikes against rats, however, with Melee:64, Perform:82, and Bardic Lore: 34.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Master Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Scream Concussive 02/06/2013 02:56 PM CST
While screams teaching weird skills(Melee Mastery) does sound a bit off, I do think they're mostly just placeholders right now until the new revised Screams can be developed, and also for additional ways to train Bardic Lore.

Unfortunately I have no clue what they contest.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Scream Concussive 03/03/2013 06:46 PM CST
I had this same question... is this scream broken? It took me 14 screams to kill a rat when this used to be freaky deeky OP awesomesauce. I'm totally fine and expected this to be brought down in power, but I get the same results against rats or basilisks. I only tested on rats because I thought it was weird that I was getting the same results whether I was backtraining in leucros or hunting in germishdins, here is my attempt to scream crazy face at a poor unsuspecting rat(its not very long, but theres no new info here so feel free to ignore the log):

You close to melee range on a ship's rat.

1-Inhaling deeply, you focus your energy and unleash an ear-splitting shout directed at a ship's rat. The concussive blast lands a glancing strike against a ship's rat's right foreleg!
Roundtime: 1 sec.
[You're solidly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]

You are certain that the ship's rat is slightly battered.
You are certain that the ship's rat is slightly fatigued.

2-Inhaling deeply, you focus your energy and unleash an ear-splitting shout directed at a ship's rat. The concussive blast lands a glancing strike against a ship's rat's abdomen!
[You're solidly balanced and have slight advantage.]

You are certain that the ship's rat is slightly battered.

You see a ship's rat.
The ship's rat has faint scuffing to the right foreleg, faint scuffing to the abdomen.
The ship's rat is in good shape.

3-Inhaling deeply, you focus your energy and unleash an ear-splitting shout directed at a ship's rat. The concussive blast lands a glancing strike against a ship's rat's neck!
[You're solidly balanced and in good position.]

You are certain that the ship's rat is battered.

4-Inhaling deeply, you focus your energy and unleash an ear-splitting shout directed at a ship's rat. The concussive blast lands a glancing strike against a ship's rat's right foreleg!
[You're solidly balanced and in very strong position.]

You see a ship's rat.
The ship's rat has faint scuffing to the neck, faint scuffing to the right foreleg, faint scuffing to the abdomen.

5-Inhaling deeply, you focus your energy and unleash an ear-splitting shout directed at a ship's rat. The concussive blast lands a glancing strike against a ship's rat's abdomen!

You are certain that the ship's rat is beat up.

You see a ship's rat.
The ship's rat has faint scuffing to the neck, faint scuffing to the right foreleg, faint scuffing to the abdomen.

6-Inhaling deeply, you focus your energy and unleash an ear-splitting shout directed at a ship's rat. The concussive blast lands a glancing strike against a ship's rat's chest!
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]

7-Inhaling deeply, you focus your energy and unleash an ear-splitting shout directed at a ship's rat. The concussive blast lands a glancing strike against a ship's rat's neck!

8-Inhaling deeply, you focus your energy and unleash an ear-splitting shout directed at a ship's rat. The concussive blast lands a glancing strike against a ship's rat's neck!
[You're solidly balanced and in dominating position.]

9-Inhaling deeply, you focus your energy and unleash an ear-splitting shout directed at a ship's rat. The concussive blast lands a glancing strike against a ship's rat's left hindleg!
[You're solidly balanced and in superior position.]

You are certain that the ship's rat is very beat up.

You see a ship's rat.
The ship's rat has faint scuffing to the neck, faint scuffing to the right foreleg, faint scuffing to the left hindleg, faint scuffing to the chest, faint scuffing to the abdomen.

10-Inhaling deeply, you focus your energy and unleash an ear-splitting shout directed at a ship's rat. The concussive blast lands a glancing strike against a ship's rat's chest!

You are certain that the ship's rat is extremely beat up.

You see a ship's rat.
The ship's rat has faint scuffing to the neck, faint scuffing to the right foreleg, faint scuffing to the left hindleg, faint scuffing to the chest, faint scuffing to the abdomen.

11-Inhaling deeply, you focus your energy and unleash an ear-splitting shout directed at a ship's rat. The concussive blast lands a glancing strike against a ship's rat's left foreleg!

You are certain that the ship's rat is in bad shape.
You are certain that the ship's rat is somewhat fatigued.

You see a ship's rat.
The ship's rat has faint scuffing to the neck, faint scuffing to the right foreleg, tiny scratches to the left foreleg, faint scuffing to the left hindleg, faint scuffing to the chest, faint scuffing to the abdomen.

12-Inhaling deeply, you focus your energy and unleash an ear-splitting shout directed at a ship's rat. The concussive blast lands a glancing strike against a ship's rat's left hindleg!

You are certain that the ship's rat is in very bad shape.
You are certain that the ship's rat is somewhat fatigued.

You see a ship's rat.
The ship's rat has faint scuffing to the neck, faint scuffing to the right foreleg, tiny scratches to the left foreleg, minor swelling and bruising around the left leg compounded by cuts and bruises about the left leg, faint scuffing to the chest, faint scuffing to the abdomen.

13-Inhaling deeply, you focus your energy and unleash an ear-splitting shout directed at a ship's rat. The concussive blast lands a glancing strike against a ship's rat's right hindleg!
[You're solidly balanced and in better position.]

You are certain that the ship's rat is in extremely bad shape.

You see a ship's rat.
The ship's rat has faint scuffing to the neck, faint scuffing to the right foreleg, tiny scratches to the left foreleg, faint scuffing to the right hindleg, minor swelling and bruising around the left leg compounded by cuts and bruises about the left leg, faint scuffing to the chest, faint scuffing to the abdomen.

14-Inhaling deeply, you focus your energy and unleash an ear-splitting shout directed at a ship's rat. The concussive blast lands a glancing strike against a ship's rat's abdomen, stunning it!
The ship's rat falls to the ground and lies still.

You see a ship's rat, which is dead.
The ship's rat has faint scuffing to the neck, faint scuffing to the right foreleg, tiny scratches to the left foreleg, faint scuffing to the right hindleg, minor swelling and bruising around the left leg compounded by cuts and bruises about the left leg, faint scuffing to the chest, minor swelling and bruising in the abdomen compounded by cuts and bruises about the abdomen.

Strength : 55 Reflex : 55
Agility : 55 + Charisma : 60
Discipline : 60 Wisdom : 55
Intelligence : 55 Stamina : 55

Bardic Lore: 848 13.69%

~Jycanth
Re: Scream Concussive 03/03/2013 07:09 PM CST
Screams are pretty much just waiting for a re-write into TM, etc... stuff.

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Scream Concussive 03/03/2013 08:01 PM CST
I have gotten nothing but glancing hits since 3.0 went in as well. I just use it right now to teach Bardic Lore :)