As requested 08/16/2005 10:31 AM CDT
A little background first... During one of my visits to prime, I wanderd by the Haven bard guild and met Elfynn MacNaill. We talked for a while, and he taught me some songs... some that he'd written and some that his protege, Rhaury U'Eochaid had written. (My spelling of the last name is off - so either I mistyped it when transcribing the songs, or Fynn might've given it to me that way. It's been a couple years now, so I don't remember.))

These are both in script form. I thought I had more, but I can't find them at the moment.

Life Can be Hard by Rhaury U'Eochaid

put sing Life can be hard and lovers can fail you;Troubles like storm winds come too fierce to sail through;Here mate! Sit down, rest at ease, have an ale too;Out of the wind and the rain and the tears.
pause 7
put smile
pause 7
put sing Nothing like port for a shipman hard pressed;The same is a hall and a beer and your mates;With nothing a fellow with friends is well blessed;They can smile and drink and curse all their fates...
pause 15
put sing Life can be hard and lovers can fail you;Troubles like storm winds come too fierce to sail through;Here mate! Sit down, rest at ease, have an ale too;Out of the wind and the rain and the tears.
pause 5
put shrug
pause 9
put sing What can you trust? Even good swords will rust;To say naught of what oft' comes of love;When the hurt has to come, a good stout is a must;With your mates close as hands in a glove.
pause 8
put smile
pause 6
put chorus Life can be hard and lovers can fail you;Troubles like storm winds come too fierce to sail through;Here mate! Sit down, rest at ease, have an ale too;Out of the wind and the rain and the tears.
pause 15
put sing Find a teef in your pocket, catch a bolt in your chest;Just for tell'n 'em, "please move along...";With a beer in your fist, forget all the rest;And with your best mates sing a song.
pause 15
put chorus Life can be hard and lovers can fail you;Troubles like storm winds come too fierce to sail through;Here mate! Sit down, rest at ease, have an ale too;Out of the wind and the rain and the tears.
pause 15
put sing Come out of the wind and the rain and the tears;Where nothing fits right? When you ache to the bone.;Spirits are raised by the tales one hears;And a trials half done if it's not borne alone...
pause 15

~~~

And this second one is by Fynn - he told me he wrote it for young bards, just starting out.

Playing for Copper Coin by Fynn MacNaill

put sing quiet Busk in the street where the people are;Play where they're comin' and goin';Stand on the corner and sing a song;Playing for copper coin.
pause 15
put sing dream Color the streets with melody;Sun Yellow, Rose Red, Sky Blue;Music so rich you can almost see;For a copper coin or two.
pause 15
put sing Belt out a song of forest green;Stay and sing it with me;Even if the pickings are lean;For a copper coin or three.
pause 15
put sing Sing of a War-Mage or Paladin;A tale of Bravery and War;Tell how they fight and how they win;For a copper coin or four.
pause 15
put sing wistf Sing a passionate love song;Of the loveliest woman alive;Of her eyes and hair so long;For a copper coin or five.
pause 15
put sing Busk in the street where the people are;Play where they're comin' and goin';Stand on the corner and sing a song;Playing for copper coin.

Enjoy!

~Azimee

~~~
If you find yourself confronted by a group of armed guards, be warned that they will attack you in mass. No matter what you have been told by other sources, rest assured that they will not line up to attack you one by one. ~Handbook of Practical Heroics
Re: As requested 08/16/2005 05:20 PM CDT
Thank you Azimee!

:::beams:::

Isaura

Tenderly the night slips her fingers into the spaces between stars, sweet as rain, as tears, as mercy given freely.