Looking for an old song 07/17/2005 08:04 PM CDT
I'm looking for a song I had before my computer got wiped a few times. Problem is, I can't remember the writer, and most of the lyrics have flown from my head... But...

If anyone recognizes this:

"I heard it whispered on the wind
A gentle lullably
It was a simple melody
devoted to the sky"

And you know where I can get the whole song (I'm not entirely positive I remembered that last bit correctly) please let me know. Just post here or toss me an email.

Thanks.
Re: Looking for an old song 07/17/2005 09:53 PM CDT
I sent it to you play.net addy :) I have it listed as 'Author Unknown'. I'm fairly certain I got it from the old boards in the 'Songs to Share' topic, but I don't think the original poster wrote it or knew the author either - or didn't name himself if he did (or she <g>).

~Azimee

~~
If you find yourself confronted by a group of armed guards, be warned that they will attack you in mass. No matter what you have been told by other sources, rest assured that they will not line up to attack you one by one. ~Handbook of Practical Heroics
Re: Looking for an old song 07/17/2005 10:10 PM CDT
Wow, what a quick response... okay, then time for my eteranal request:

"Snowfire Beer," by Nimuen Wavesinger (I think). Go find it!

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Re: Looking for an old song 07/17/2005 10:31 PM CDT
Here it is in script-ready format!

Oh, as I sit and tune my strings; I'm asked why I never sing of love; of sweetheart's words close and dear; of kisses as soft as a dove...;

The requests would not cease; no matter how I protested.; So here and now I give in to the tease; and sing of my loves true and tested:;

Snowfire beer and Jadewater sling; they are m'all and every thing.; Apricot nectar and Therengian mead; fill my each and every need!;
You may long for a lover's touch; her breath soft upon your ear,; but when the choice is up; I'll take a mug of snowfire beer!;

Wildrose rhodomel, dark goblin grog; they set my heart and soul agog.; Llani's special rum, a shot of cider; send my spirit soaring higher.;

You may wish for a maiden's grace; a dance to hold each other near,; but if you ask my best embrace; it's with a mug of snowfire beer!;

Korik's Cloud or Hangman's Noose; I hope they never cut me loose; Wine, be it red, white or peach; each gives me such sweet release!;

You may walk the green hand in hand; with your love so sweet and dear; me, I'll be exchanging wedding bands; with my mug of snowfire beer!;

Oh, Jadewater sling, mead hot and bold; they bring me such sweet sorrow; but it's my snowfire beer, sweet and cold; that I'll be waking up with on the morrow!;

- GM Dartenian
Platinum Events Team
Gnome & Kaldar Champion

"You ain't seen nothin' yet!" - Al Jolson

LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/dartenian/
Re: Looking for an old song 07/17/2005 10:42 PM CDT
Dart, you rock! Why did you never respond to my umpteen million prior requests? sniffle Apparently you platinum people ignore us Prime nobodies...

Hehe, thanks much!

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Re: Looking for an old song 07/17/2005 10:46 PM CDT
I don't ever remember seeing your umpteen million prior requests, or I've have asked him about it. It's one of his bard's favorite songs, but I never learned it because he sang it constantly :)

~Azi

~~
If you find yourself confronted by a group of armed guards, be warned that they will attack you in mass. No matter what you have been told by other sources, rest assured that they will not line up to attack you one by one. ~Handbook of Practical Heroics
Re: Looking for an old song 07/17/2005 11:01 PM CDT
> I don't ever remember seeing your umpteen million prior requests, or I've have asked him about it.

I never saw 'em either! Snowfire Beer was the fourth song I ever added to my list, and was always a popular request!

- GM Dartenian
Platinum Events Team
Gnome & Kaldar Champion

"You ain't seen nothin' yet!" - Al Jolson

LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/dartenian/
Re: Looking for an old song 07/18/2005 06:32 AM CDT
Indirectly Dartenian, you just helped me with that song, I've been trying to remember for years what drinks it was that got stolen out of one of the bars in the Jadewater mansion and that was one of them Jadewater sling. Thanks.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Looking for an old song 07/18/2005 11:06 AM CDT
I so miss Nimuen.

~Dreamheart
Re: Looking for an old song 07/18/2005 04:46 PM CDT
>I so miss Nimuen.

Well, I barely knew her, but so do I.

She was the one that encouraged me one night in the bard guild, as a week old newbie, to actually write my own song for some contest they were having. I am not sure I would have ever had the courage to get started on my own, without her encouragement, before and after that contest.

So, yes, you can all blame her for me. Please don't hate her too much.

Daerlynn
Re: Looking for an old song 07/18/2005 07:26 PM CDT
I do get to speak to Nim's player from time to time - I'll be sure to pass that along =)

Eileethan
- - - - - - - - - - - -
A tiny ball of flame flies at a swamp troll!
The fireball slams into its head and explodes, blasting the skull into dozens of blackened splinters. Maybe they'll be able to identify it by the teeth.
Re: Looking for an old song 07/19/2005 01:49 PM CDT
Please Eliee love? Tell her that I miss her too.

~Achrennight~
Re: Looking for an old song 07/19/2005 02:03 PM CDT
Consider it 'passed along' =) She's been dealing with alot over the past few years, she'll be happy to know you're thinking about her.

Eileethan
- - - - - - - - - - - -
A tiny ball of flame flies at a swamp troll!
The fireball slams into its head and explodes, blasting the skull into dozens of blackened splinters. Maybe they'll be able to identify it by the teeth.
Re: Looking for an old song 07/19/2005 02:20 PM CDT
Oof! Well, if she wants it, feel free to send her my pigeon. I certainly don't mind!

~Achrennight~