Spare songs 05/06/2004 05:57 PM CDT
To be honest I've enjoyed these probably more than anyone listening to them has<grin>.

#SONG Lady Olvi
put playact start
put say /sternly I'd like to assure you that this is just, and I repeat just, a song
pause 3 seconds
put wipe feet
pause 5 seconds

put sing cheerfully Twas in the Haven guild house;I'd been there for a while;when she strolled in, this Olvi lass;and sat down with a smile
pause 7 seconds
put recite and she said to me
pause 5 seconds
put playact tries to imitate the Olvi lass
pause 4 seconds
put sing sweetly Sing for me sweet bard of mine;for I do tell thee true;that when you've finished singing;I've a surprise for you
pause 6 seconds
put whist inno
pause 6 seconds
put sing excitedly Well I girded up my loins;(a thing I had been taught!);and started up a song of love;without a second thought
pause 12 seconds
put sing smug She listened to my love song;then called out for more;and so I sang my song of folk;I'd met sometime before
pause 5 seconds
put grin triumph
pause 7 seconds
put recite She gave a loud cheer, danced to her feet and clasping my hand tenderly said
pause 4 seconds
put playact once again tries to portray the Olvi lass
pause 6 seconds
put sing sweetly Now you've sung those songs for me;you'll get your first surprise;elamir's is just next door;they sell both tarts and pies
pause 12 seconds
put sing sheep So guessing at her love of tarts;we went to Elamir's;I said that I would foot the bill;if she'd pay for some beers
pause 12 seconds
put sing dream I pointed out the menu;asked her for her choice;She answered me quite slowly;in a smooth seductive voice
pause 5 seconds
put mutter I should have seen it comming
pause 5 seconds
put playact tries once more to act like the Olvi lass but he's now looking a little frayed around the edges
pause 4 seconds
put sing sweet I'll have two of those of those plum tarts;some blueberry ones as well;a couple of the custard ones;those pear tarts look quite swell
pause 5 seconds
put wipe fore
pause 5 seconds
put sing wryly I paid for all the tarts;and some pies for me;some bread that she had mentioned;was nothing there for free!!
pause 12 seconds
put sing wryly With pockets nearly empty;my pies stacked on the shelf;I told her "to the bank I go;you'll be safe by yourself
pause 7 seconds
put playact seems a lot less composed than when he started out and he's trying to imitate the Olvi lass yet again !!
pause 5 seconds
put sing sweetly Sweet bard I'll wait, I'll eat a tart;I'll even hold your pies;and when you get back here to me;then you'll get your surprise
pause 5 seconds
put smile and appears to consider himself more than a little naive
pause 7 second
put sing excit Down to the Guild of Traders;I'd never run so fast;them onward, onward, North and North;I reached the bank at last
pause 5 second
put pant
pause 7 seconds
put sing inno Then back up to the bakery;I wanted my surprise;well I got it and you've guessed;she'd gone, her and me pies
pause 7 seconds
put sigh with resignation
pause 5 seconds
put sing teasingly So take this as a warning;or you will be undone;when you've finished singing;you should just cut and run
pause 5 seconds
put playact stop
put bow

#SONG Silvyfrost's reply .Wiz

put sing cheer He'd left his home in Kaerna, said goodbye to Mom;His only wish to be a bard, to Crossing he was come;So with his bones and lute, and some of his own songs;He'd travel round round the Realm, righting all the wrongs
pause 15 seconds
put sing wryly His jaw dropped to the floor, when Silvyfrost he met;She told him he would have to hunt, that he knew nothing yet;"But", he cried "I nere did dream, that bards used blunt or blade;She said "go read the histories, find how bards are made
pause 15 seconds
put sing cheer So seeking out that room where bardic books are found;he read about the Enchantes, and how power's found;"Grief" he cried, here's a thing, magic must I master";the reading of the next few tomes, made his heart beat faster
pause 15 seconds
put sing quiet He read of Gintheru, of Little Wren and more;Dragon priests and brave Siryn, and all she had fought for;Wanderers and Minstrels, Historians, Jesters too;Romantics and Performers, Warriors of the blue
pause 15 seconds
put sing cheer Dawn saw him finished reading, eyes all sore and red;and filled to brim with bardic lore, to Silvyfrost he fled;"now travel you to Haven, you'll be there for a while;there's a parchment you should read" said the leader with a smile
pause 15 seconds
put sing play In Haven guild a parchment, as he had been told;it seem to tell of books and lore left by bards of old;but the entrance to this trove, was by magic bound;but nods and winks from older bards disclosed it's secret sound
pause 15 seconds
put sing cheer he cheered for the Phoenix, as she won the day;He'd sobbed back in Crossing when he'd read of Aurilae;He learnt of standard bearers, and the role they fill;and of aiding empaths, with song and herbs that heal
pause 15 seconds
put sing regret he read that some might scorn, if arms became his aim;of survival skills to practice, of lore that he must gain;and blanching at himself, of what he had first thought;He left the guild of Haven, 'twas Silvyfrost he sought
pause 15 seconds
put sing haunt I've read about the bards, this most diverse of guilds;and I've noted of their dying, in cities, battle fields;of willing sacrifices some of them have made;and though all bards may differ, all must use blunt or blade
pause 15 seconds
put sing quiet So supplicant am I, let me stay a bard;I'll keep true to bardic ways, from desert down to Shard;"then welcome to your guild house" was Silvyfrost's reply;and as he passed the portal a wetness marked her eye
pause 5 seconds
put bow

#SONG Brothers
put recite was a fine, bright mid-summer's day and this gnome, proudly known as "Shorty" to his family, was visiting his brother, derisively nicknamed "Lofty" on account of him being an inch taller.
pause 8 second
put recite After filling himself with ale and potted meat sandwiches, Shorty turned to Lofty and the conversation went something like this....
pause 8 second
put sing cheerfully Oh brother mine I really need your aid;'cause I'm to marry very soon;but I have no decent armor now;as befits a Gnomish groom
pause 12 second
put chorus So Lofty ran to his armory chest;and got some armor of the very, very best;yes gnomish chain of the very, very best;and Shorty put it on !
put sing So Lofty ran to his armory chest;and got some armor of the very, very best;yes gnomish chain of the very, very best;and Shorty put it on !
pause 12 second
put sing cheerfully Oh brother mine I hate to ask for more;just 'cause i'm to wed;but now I've got this armor on;need something for my head
pause 12 second
put chorus So Lofty strode to his armory chest;and got a helm of the very, very best;yes a gnomish helm of the very, very best;and Shorty put it on !
put sing So Lofty strode to his armory chest;and got a helm of the very, very best;yes a gnomish helm of the very, very best;and Shorty put it on !
pause 12 second
put sing cheerfully Oh brother mine listen to me please;i really have to say;a pair of gloves would be quite nice;on a very special day
pause 12 second
put chorus So Lofty walked to his armory chest;and got some gloves of the very, very best;yes gnomish gloves of the very, very best;and Shorty put them on !
put sing so Lofty walked to his armory chest;and got some gloves of the very, very best;yes gnomish gloves of the very, very best;and Shorty put them on !
pause 12 second
put sing cheerfully Oh brother mine you're nothing short of grand;it makes my poor heart race;but how would it look on my wedding day;if I didn't have a mace;
pause 12 second
put chorus So Lofty stomped to his armory chest;and got a mace of the very, very best;yes a gnomish mace of the very,very best;and a belt to hang it on
put sing So Lofty stomped to his armory chest;and got a mace of the very, very best;yes a gnomish mace of the very, very best;and a belt to hang it on
pause 12 seconds
put sing cheerfully Oh brother mine you've really done me proud;and I hate to kiss and tell;but now that i've got all your gear;i'm marrying your girl !!
pause 6 second
put bow

#SONG hooray for the Olvi

put sing happily An Olvi he was, Tanglefoot by name;He'd been picked on and bullied, again and again;He suffered the taunting, he suffered the scorn;But its all down to him that Arthe Dale was born
pause 12 seconds
put chorus Hooray for the Olvi, Hooray for those folk;They're hardy, they're fearless and clever with smoke
put sing Hooray for the Olvi, Hooray for those folk;They're hardy, they're fearless and clever with smoke
pause 7 seconds
put sing happily Now this tale was told by a Pa to his son;It tells of the time that Arthe Dale begun;No battles, no war took place on that spot;Just claimed by Tangle' who liked it a lot
pause 12 seconds
put chorus Hooray for the Olvi, Hooray for those folk;They're hardy, they're fearless and clever with smoke
put sing Hooray for the Olvi, Hooray for those folk;They're hardy, they're fearless and clever with smoke
pause 7 seconds
put sing happily It seems that bullies had started that day;Their only intention, to cause an affray;They captured our hero, they treated him rough;And in to a barrel did his small body stuff
pause 12 seconds
pause 7 seconds
put sing happily They took him from Crossing by way of a gate;Then up the trade route, oh they couldn't wait;And finding a slope for the barrel to roll;They pushed it quite harshly, then off they stole
pause 12 seconds
pause 7 seconds
put sing happily So out from the barrel did our hero fall;He thought he'd been lucky, another close call;But looking around him, his heart it did swell;"well here be a place where my folk can dwell"
pause 12 seconds
pause 7 seconds
put sing happily So remember if ever you pass by that spot;Height doesn't mean much, and strength not a lot;Its the heart thats inside, that you should know;This tales at an end, one chorus to go

pause 8 seconds
put yell all together now
pause 10 seconds
put chorus Hooray for the Olvi, Hooray for those folk;they're hardy, they're fearless and clever with smoke
pause 12 seconds
put bow

Valren

Intuition is the art, peculiar to the human mind, of working out the correct answer from data that is, in itself, incomplete or even, perhaps, misleading.

Hari Seldon