Raging Bull 02/18/2013 11:21 AM CST
>>Also when released it will no longer increase your accuracy by over three orders of magnitude.

It all makes sense now.

Traim and I were Baffled when I had released all of my spells and was owning him. It completely defied all of our previous testing and he had to run go get healed because I was owning him so hard.

Good thing this was fixed -- Thanks!

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Raging Bull 02/18/2013 11:44 AM CST
Looks like I was unknowingly relying on this bug; I'm having a much harder time backtraining my weapons at level now. I'll need to reevaluate my hunting strategy.
Re: Raging Bull 02/18/2013 11:47 AM CST
Actually, a quick assess showed this:
> You appear to be having difficulty targeting melee and ranged attacks.

I haven't been done anything to create such a penalty (no retreating, no Dema, etc.). Could the Rage changes have caused it?
Re: Raging Bull 02/18/2013 11:52 AM CST
I know Rage used to give a heck of a defensive penalty, but I thought Ricinus had fixed that piece.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Raging Bull 02/18/2013 11:55 AM CST
This is an offense penalty, so I doubt it's the same thing. I tried releasing Rage and recasting, but the penalty's still there.
Re: Raging Bull 02/18/2013 12:09 PM CST
That's the message for the retreat penalty.
Re: Raging Bull 02/18/2013 12:10 PM CST
> That's the message for the retreat penalty.

Not just retreat. You get it for any penalty. And I hadn't retreated in hours.
Re: Raging Bull 02/18/2013 12:16 PM CST
Log out and in? Could it be a similar bug to the 'level or train stats with buffs in effect' thing?

Pants.
Re: Raging Bull 02/18/2013 12:18 PM CST
>You get it for any penalty.

I did not realize that. Good to know, thanks.
Fixed. If anyone else has this happen either assist or just wait 15-20 minutes (I wouldn't use Rage during that time to be safe) and it should go away on it's own.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Raesh came down and ripped it off me. Apparently the Rage conversion gave me -10000% to hit.
Re: Raging Bull 02/18/2013 12:20 PM CST
Which is still notably smaller then the offensive bonus I gave myself with the old version when releasing it.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Raging Bull 02/18/2013 12:34 PM CST
Could be a coincidence, but invoke bond just broke for me again. Last time it happened, it fixed itself with time (or some behind-the-scenes GM fixed it).

You gesture at a glaes javelin.
Your cambrinth armband emits a loud snap as it discharges all its power to aid your spell.
Your cambrinth sphere emits a loud snap as it discharges all its power to aid your spell.
You close your eyes briefly, focusing on the dull thumping of your own heart. Extending that focus to a glaes javelin, you feel it resonate with you.

>empty right
You drop a glaes javelin.

>invoke bond

>wait
Time drags on by...
Re: Raging Bull 02/18/2013 12:42 PM CST
Unrelated. Resonance is also high up on my list of spells to beat to death with a shovel.

-Raesh