The Silence of the Bards 01/31/2013 11:29 AM CST
Ugh, I had written up a really long post in reply, but I was replying in the Game Master and Official Announcements so it was lost.

I'll see about re-writing here in a bit -- tl;dr version is yes I think this would be very valuable. Especially in invasion or group hunting settings, anything which cuts down on screen scroll is very much appreciated; however, I think it should be done in such a way which allows a couple things.

1) The Bard should be able to tell who/what is being affected by the song, and if any additional people are affected on subsequent pulses.
2) PCs in general should be able to tell when they are affected by the song.

I had written up a quick suggestion for a new window, something like Combat Statistics, which messages semi-OOC key info summarizations for combat stuff.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: The Silence of the Bards 01/31/2013 11:37 AM CST
The only thing this cuts down is the fluff messaging. Any functional messaging remained the same. Any other spells I implement this into will follow the same policy.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: The Silence of the Bards 01/31/2013 11:49 AM CST
My suggestion

Make a buff window in Storm Front and other front ends.

Populate that window with your current buffs (personal) buffs (other sources) and debuffs (with the option to color code them) attack spells (personal) and attack spells (other).

Allow players an option to turn off refresh messaging on spells by source and type (personal buff vs group buffs).
Re: The Silence of the Bards 01/31/2013 12:09 PM CST

Working now after the death, not sure if it was the death that fixed it or not.

Thanks

Rezzian
Re: The Silence of the Bards 01/31/2013 02:04 PM CST
>>Populate that window with your current buffs (personal) buffs (other sources) and debuffs (with the option to color code them) attack spells (personal) and attack spells (other).

I've already got a hack for this in Avalon for personal buffs, and let me tell you, it's pretty great. I'd love it if there were a Simu-supported window (although something tells me it would not be in Avalon).

Briefmsg option -- I will need to take some time to test this, but the concept sounds great! Personally I would still prefer a completely silent option (I just hate scroll that much), but I'll take whatever I can get.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: The Silence of the Bards 02/01/2013 04:50 PM CST
Personally I haven't wanted to turn this off yet, just loving the messaging as I hunt. I can see how it adds to the scroll though and would annoy. Thanks for the option!