Re: Elemental Invocations Tweaks 01/21/2013 05:10 PM CST
Desert's Maelstrom is no longer showing when it's fully prepared. Log below.

> prep dema 20
You infuse your voice with the elements as you begin to sing the opening notes of Desert's Maelstrom.
>
You feel fully rested.
>
Your concentration slips for a moment, and your spell is lost.
> prep dema 20

>
You infuse your voice with the elements as you begin to sing the opening notes of Desert's Maelstrom.
>
The power welling up from deep within your soul burns out, your focus vanishing along with your improved combat prowess.
>
Slowly, the determination burning within you ebbs, the fierce pounding of your heart gradually subsiding.
>
Your concentration slips for a moment, and your spell is lost.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Elemental Invocations Tweaks 01/21/2013 05:18 PM CST
Also, thank you for the fixes!

DEMA at 40 mana seems a lot nicer so I have a sneaky suspicion that this will also affect Abandoned Heart if that too wasn't being flagged as a cyclic :)

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Elemental Invocations Tweaks 01/24/2013 05:31 AM CST

>> Desert's Maelstrom is no longer showing when it's fully prepared. Log below.

None of mine are showing fully prepared!

They WERE but for some reason are not now.
Re: Elemental Invocations Tweaks 01/24/2013 07:25 AM CST
Cyclic spells currently do not have a prep time (And by that I mean "Moon Mage, Bard, Paladin and Empath" I believe) - this is the result of a conversion we did to these spells. Don't expect it to stay that way, the current plan is to revert these updates (It didn't work quite how we wanted it to) and take a different stab at it over the next few days.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Elemental Invocations Tweaks 01/24/2013 07:29 AM CST
Cyclic spells currently do not have a prep time (And by that I mean "Moon Mage, Bard, Paladin and Empath")

what about necros? <roc and usol are both cyclic>

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: Elemental Invocations Tweaks 01/24/2013 07:30 AM CST
> what about necros? <roc and usol are both cyclic>

Were not yet fixed to remove the prep, and since it's going to be reverted, they won't be.
Re: Elemental Invocations Tweaks 01/24/2013 11:07 AM CST
>Cyclic spells currently do not have a prep time (And by that I mean "Moon Mage, Bard, Paladin and Empath" I believe) - this is the result of a conversion we did to these spells. Don't expect it to stay that way, the current plan is to revert these updates (It didn't work quite how we wanted it to)

Just the auto 100% prep bit, or the other updates you rolled in as well?

And if I may ask, what is the plan for how you want it to work?
Re: Elemental Invocations Tweaks 01/24/2013 12:11 PM CST
Specifically the change that removed their prep time.

As for how it's intended to work eventually -- Can't say yet, we're still having that discussion.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Elemental Invocations Tweaks 01/25/2013 02:18 AM CST
Too bad it has to be reverted. I really liked that change. It was nice not to have to wait to cast, especially since I don't need to harness anything for cyclics.

-- Player of Eyuve