Re: Prep message 01/20/2013 05:38 PM CST
Haha I was actually coming here to post about it, then I saw your GM post.

You infuse your voice with the elements as you begin to sing the opening notes of Glythtide's Joy.

Whoo! Now I just gotta find someone to let me know how this looks third person. Serious <3 Raesh, you rock!! Thank you!

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Prep message 01/20/2013 05:38 PM CST
> Whoo! Now I just gotta find someone to let me know how this looks third person.

Seldaren begins to recite the opening notes of Albreda's Balm.
Re: Prep message 01/20/2013 05:43 PM CST
>>Seldaren begins to recite the opening notes of Albreda's Balm.

Sweetness! If you have your PREP set to /HIDE, are you still able to make the stealth check to hide that messaging?

~ Leilond
Re: Prep message 01/20/2013 05:45 PM CST
> Sweetness! If you have your PREP set to /HIDE, are you still able to make the stealth check to hide that messaging?

Yep.
Re: Prep message 01/20/2013 05:58 PM CST

Love the change. Thanks Raesh.
Re: Prep message 01/20/2013 06:05 PM CST
>>Seldaren begins to recite the opening notes of Albreda's Balm.

This is just a small thing, but isn't reciting for words, and singing for notes?

Otherwise great, thanks Raesh.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Prep message 01/20/2013 06:13 PM CST
re·cite
/riˈsīt/

Verb
1) Repeat aloud or declaim (a poem or passage) from memory before an audience.
2) State (names, facts, etc.) in order.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Prep message 01/20/2013 09:58 PM CST
Is this tied to bards using cyclics or to bardic cyclics?

AKA: If a Bard prepares a moon mage cyclic, will the Bard sing it? If a non-Bard prepares a Bard cyclic, will that person sing it?

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Prep message 01/20/2013 11:07 PM CST
Bards using cyclics.

One is easy to do, the other is not.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Prep message 01/21/2013 02:54 AM CST

Raesh, thank you for responding so quickly to this request.

Is there a purchasable illusory prep in Throne City to get rid of the arcane sigil prepping for those who desire?

<<"earning too little skinning experience for a day or so isn't nearly as bad as having a spell that breaks your wings."
Re: Prep message 01/21/2013 11:23 AM CST
I'm not a big fan of the arcane sigil prep in either case, so thanks a ton for getting this out so quickly. You've gotta be using Whispers of the Muse to get out all of these great spell preps and spell messaging so quickly, Raesh. :P

-Broichan Leshyahen

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
Re: Prep message 01/21/2013 05:57 PM CST
>>re·cite
>>/riˈsīt/

Sorry, but I don't follow how this addresses my point? Looks like that definition supports me in my interpretation that "reciting is for spoken word, not music".

Not that it's a big deal, and I know you have bigger fish to fry.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Prep message 01/21/2013 06:14 PM CST
>>recite

I think the main take-away is 'Repeated aloud from memory'.

It makes no mention whether it's done while dancing, singing, or under water, unless I'm missing something :P

~ Leilond
Re: Prep message 01/21/2013 06:20 PM CST
Plat Non-bard here but after 90 seconds of waiting for it fully prepare I lost the spell.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Prep message 01/21/2013 06:28 PM CST
You know I think the problem is that cyclic spells just don't have a prep time.

At least that's my conclusion after speaking to the Magic guys.

I'll follow up on it though and make sure it gets shaken out right - cyclics went under some late revisions in the process and part of what I'm doing is clean up from that.

-Raesh