RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/30/2012 06:58 PM CDT
Thanks a lot, V! Love my new harp, and it was a fun impromptu meeting of like half the guild haha. Sorry for the impatient blunder, I blame Sortny!

-=Issus=-
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/30/2012 07:00 PM CDT
>>I blame Sortny!

But in all seriousness, it was really awesome seeing Bards pooled in one place and making mischief. (although, totally unintentional! Sorry Jaedren!)

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/Leilond
http://drzeal.forumotion.com Learn How to PvP!
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/30/2012 07:05 PM CDT
P.S. Thank you Vaeldriil and Jaedren for the instruments! They are absolutely awesome :D

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/Leilond
http://drzeal.forumotion.com Learn How to PvP!
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/30/2012 07:13 PM CDT
So I missed them by, what, twenty minutes? Or am I missing something . . .

~~
Lupdels
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/30/2012 07:30 PM CDT

Yeah, they went very, very quickly.

Not too surprising, since y'all haven't had that much opportunity - um, any opportunity? - to buy instruments of that quality level.

It won't be the last time, though.

-V.
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/30/2012 07:35 PM CDT
Oh man, I really should have checked the boards earlier :( At least we will have the chance to see them again at HE.
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/30/2012 07:53 PM CDT
>>Look for more coming up next at HE, and look for the possibility of masterwork instruments in auction.

Hmm, which is better -- Masterwork or exquisitely crafted?

__
You hear the voice of Jaedren exclaim, "Look! I'm Leilond!"
You notice Jaedren come out of hiding.
Jaedren shimmers out of sight.
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/30/2012 07:54 PM CDT

Masterwork is better.

-v.
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/30/2012 11:45 PM CDT
cry

I got there like a minute after they were sold out. Is anyone willing to post the instruments or update Elanthipedia with them? I'd love to see them.

Belladulce
Bard Love <3
>> push my bell
You kick one foot out in a graceful arc, and with a dip of your shoulders and a tinkling of toe bells, you pirouette in a dazzling spin!
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/31/2012 08:07 AM CDT
It would've been nice to have actually seen this, but by the time I got off work, got home, the post alerting to the release was a mere 7 hours old and the fest had just closed. What was sold?
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/31/2012 08:12 AM CDT
sorry, but festival grounds have poofed away platside or I'd run and get you the look and appraisals. :-(.

hopefully someone got a look and a description. I don't see them on epedia though.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/31/2012 08:22 AM CDT
There were 4 different instruments.

- a dragonwood harp embellished with intricately engraved flames
Delicate tongues of fire dance about the pillar, winding their way up to the neck. Highly polished, the gleaming wood only accentuates the imagery. The soundbox, left unaltered, displays the wood's distinctive scale pattern, which glistens with the same meticulously polished finish.

- a platinum flute with black gold embellishments
Delicate smoke-like wisps of overlaid black gold wind about the instrument and form a slender matte-finish ring at the end of the flute.

- a silver ritual drum adorned with bas-relief scenes
The silver panels on the sides of the drum, highlighted in gold overlay, portray the story of the World Dragon. In one scene, four moons grace a peaceful night sky. The next captures the creature's hatching, fragments of Grazhir raining down to Elanthia. Several following panels depict the battle between the Immortals and the World Dragon, ending with Peri'el singing to the sleeping beast. Oddly, the final panel is blank, an ominous if deliberate omission.

I didn't get the tap/look of the faenellica.

__
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/31/2012 09:40 AM CDT
<<- a silver ritual drum adorned with bas-relief scenes
The silver panels on the sides of the drum, highlighted in gold overlay, portray the story of the World Dragon. In one scene, four moons grace a peaceful night sky. The next captures the creature's hatching, fragments of Grazhir raining down to Elanthia. Several following panels depict the battle between the Immortals and the World Dragon, ending with Peri'el singing to the sleeping beast. Oddly, the final panel is blank, an ominous if deliberate omission.>>

oh wow, i love that one. I hope it makes a re-appearance, next year, before the last day so it can be purchased.

did you happen to do a "shop" so you could see the price?

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/31/2012 10:39 AM CDT
The harp was 200, the drum was 100, the flute was 125 or 150 and the faenellica was 75 plat.

__
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/31/2012 11:35 AM CDT
Another huge thanks to all the GMs involved in getting the instruments there and... re-situated, and a big /cheer to all the bards that were there and causing mischief!

-Broichan Leshyahen

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/31/2012 12:29 PM CDT
Here is the a sana'ati wood faenellica inlaid with Elven silver

Delicate swirls of the gleaming precious metal wind their way about the instrument's soundholes and trail off into wispy curling tendrils.

The sana'ati wood faenellica appears to be a stringed instrument.
You are certain that the sana'ati wood faenellica is crafted from wood.
You are certain that the sana'ati wood faenellica is created with exquisite craftsmanship.
You are certain that the sana'ati wood faenellica weighs exactly 15 stones.
You are certain that the sana'ati wood faenellica is worth exactly 937500 kronars, 750000 lirums, or 676500 dokoras.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/31/2012 12:31 PM CDT
Hmm, you know what I thought a faenellica was a wind instrument >.>

Could you tell me, is that faenellica one handed?

__
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/31/2012 12:39 PM CDT
I don't think it's one handed and it needs a pick to be played.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/31/2012 02:04 PM CDT
Those are great, thanks for posting! I can see why they were gone in minutes. I would have bought one for sure.
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/31/2012 03:45 PM CDT
I thought they were wind instruments too. I'm so confused now, I was like 90% sure!
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 05/31/2012 06:32 PM CDT
I also thought it was a wind instrument, but then I was reminded that Faenella is the patron of stringed instruments, so it kinda clicked after that. I then received a stern word about how a Bard really ought to know their patron Immortals better.

-Broichan Leshyahen

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 06/01/2012 03:05 AM CDT
Well, I managed to get two. Since I didn't realize just quite how limited they would be, I'd be willing to give one up (the ritual drum).

If there's anyone out there who really wants this drum, post here and let me know.

- a silver ritual drum adorned with bas-relief scenes
The silver panels on the sides of the drum, highlighted in gold overlay, portray the story of the World Dragon. In one scene, four moons grace a peaceful night sky. The next captures the creature's hatching, fragments of Grazhir raining down to Elanthia. Several following panels depict the battle between the Immortals and the World Dragon, ending with Peri'el singing to the sleeping beast. Oddly, the final panel is blank, an ominous if deliberate omission.

- Ixien
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 06/01/2012 05:34 AM CDT
>>Well, I managed to get two. Since I didn't realize just quite how limited they would be, I'd be willing to give one up (the ritual drum).

>>If there's anyone out there who really wants this drum, post here and let me know.

Did you get two drums? I mean...if you really are willing to part with it...I would love it. How much do you want for it?

Belladulce
Bard Love <3
>> push my bell
You kick one foot out in a graceful arc, and with a dip of your shoulders and a tinkling of toe bells, you pirouette in a dazzling spin!
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 06/01/2012 06:20 AM CDT
>>Did you get two drums? I mean...if you really are willing to part with it...I would love it. How much do you want for it?

No, I got a harp and a drum. But it's okay, I like the harp and would rather see more people get a chance to have something cool since I have one already. I do hope more show up later so I can slowly grow my collection.

I don't see any reason to charge for it. If you are really rich, feel free to pay the store price, but otherwise it's not necessary. Just pay it forward; put something neat on the bard shelf sometime. I've picked up many a cool little item that way.

I'll wait a day or so to see if anyone else posts about wanting it and then roll a die or something to determine who gets it.

- Ixien
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 06/01/2012 05:48 PM CDT
I'd like the drum as well.

RE: Those higher quality instruments... 06/01/2012 06:50 PM CDT
Anyone done testing with these yet? Or already know what difference the quality makes? Seems like I might be learning a little quicker, of course that could just be because I've actually been paying closer attention to my script than normal.
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 06/01/2012 10:48 PM CDT
>No, I got a harp and a drum. But it's okay, I like the harp and would rather see more people get a chance to have something cool since I have one already. I do hope more show up later so I can slowly grow my collection.

>I don't see any reason to charge for it. If you are really rich, feel free to pay the store price, but otherwise it's not necessary. Just pay it forward; put something neat on the bard shelf sometime. I've picked up many a cool little item that way.

That's so nice of you, but I honestly would encourage you to not feel like you have to give it away simply because you got two instruments. I'm sure plenty of people bought more than one of them. They'll be back at HE fest, and I don't need the drum - it's just so pretty! I've wanted a ritual drum since I started playing the game, so I was disappointed that they were sold out by the time I got there. I was working off the idea that you had bought two drums, so I definitely would want to give you an item in return. I have a number of pretty (although not rare I'm sure) instruments if that's what you're interested in :)

I agree that the shelves in the guilds are awesome for finding things, especially in the beginning. Best place ever to clean out your vault as well.

Belladulce
Bard Love <3
>> push my bell
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 06/03/2012 08:44 PM CDT
>>I'd like the drum as well.

Hey Shadow, I'm a little confused. I don't pay that much attention, but I thought you were a Ranger or Thief? In general I am really supportive of Thief disguises (or any disguises), but in this case I'd rather it go to a guilded Bard, preferably someone who plays a Bard primary.

If you are a Bard though, my apologies.

- Ixien
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 06/03/2012 09:57 PM CDT
Yes, true to I do run a disguised thief, and a ranger that I hardly play, and a bit of other stuff.

Too the point: Fraestfynger is one of my characters, he is a Kaldaran Bard, not a very big one. And I could completely understand going to someone else who spends a lot more time within the game.

RE: Those higher quality instruments... 06/03/2012 11:01 PM CDT
>>Yes, true to I do run a disguised thief, and a ranger that I hardly play, and a bit of other stuff.

Okay, thanks for telling me. I think this time I'd rather it go to someone who is Bard primary, as I think Belladulce is (?).

Belladulce, I tend to stay around Shard/Leth. I can come up to Crossing sometime if you like though. Send a ring thought to me in game or email me and we can arrange it.

- Ixien
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 06/04/2012 08:37 PM CDT
>Okay, thanks for telling me. I think this time I'd rather it go to someone who is Bard primary, as I think Belladulce is (?).

Totally fine, just felt it was worth a shot since I was attempting to get in there but were far bought out before my bard got there.

Just for peoples general feel for my bard, he's a pretty primary character, I bought him an HE ticket for the last two years (which are the only HEs I was part of DR for). But my Thief and probably my Cleric are prime, my ranger well... maybe when companions are re-released I'll up my effort there.
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 06/11/2012 10:18 PM CDT
>>Belladulce, I tend to stay around Shard/Leth. I can come up to Crossing sometime if you like though. Send a ring thought to me in game or email me and we can arrange it.

I'll keep a lookout for you in game! I need to make a trip down to Shard and bug Malik about a voice throw here in a bit anyway ;)

Belladulce
Bard Love <3
>> push my bell
RE: Those higher quality instruments... 06/11/2012 10:46 PM CDT
Sorry, they're very very very inside jokes, won't make sense...

* Malik was just struck down!