Evoke oddity 10/03/2011 05:47 AM CDT
Did you just tweak something behind the scenes? I just got the messaging for doing "evoke <self>" completely out of the blue. I didn't type anything close to "evoke".
Re: Evoke oddity 10/03/2011 10:42 AM CDT
>>Did you just tweak something behind the scenes? I just got the messaging for doing "evoke <self>" completely out of the blue. I didn't type anything close to "evoke".

Do you have a log? I haven't touched anything since I fixed the timer yesterday, and I checked out both theories I had of why this could happen and neither is the case.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Evoke oddity 10/03/2011 03:25 PM CDT
Log below. I was in the main room of the Crossing guild. Note the last line. The only commands I sent were "assess my cittern" and "exp".

(You are performing the chorus of Harmony.)
>
You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.
>
You concentrate on your fingering as you continue to play a masterful concerto on your copperleaf cittern.
>assess my cittern
exp
Cradling the copperleaf cittern in your hands, you carefully look it over from top to bottom, assessing what damage has been done to it. After a few moments, you realize that ...
You are certain that the copperleaf cittern is crafted from copper-bearing wood.
You are certain that the copperleaf cittern is of good quality.
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
R>

Circle: 150
Showing all skills with field experience.

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate Fraction
Elemental Magic: 942 02% mind lock (34/34) Harness Ability: 940 37% mind lock (34/34)
Power Perceive: 914 38% ruminating (8/34) Arcana: 678 25% very engaged (23/34)
Scholarship: 565 48% ruminating (8/34) Musical Theory: 1062 77% focused (20/34)
Appraisal: 851 97% concentrating (9/34) Percussions: 747 56% attentive (10/34)
Strings: 731 21% absorbing (15/34) Winds: 693 74% interested (12/34)
Vocals: 1085 93% very engaged (23/34)

Total Ranks Displayed: 9208
Time Development Points: 142 Favors: 22 Deaths: 49 Departs: 30
Overall state of mind: clear
EXP HELP for more information
R>
You attempt to evoke memories of the past, but nothing seems to have left a strong enough imprint on Seldaren.
Re: Evoke oddity 10/03/2011 04:12 PM CDT
Ah hah. I found the problem -- Odd, it was what I expected it was at first but my first round of testing failed to replicate it. The second time I got it. This has not been fixed yet since I installed a few other goodies while I was tracking it down, but since it's just a messaging problem I'm okay with it existing for a few more hours.

Please keep the feedback coming on the exp, both at high and low ends and lemme know how it feels.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Evoke oddity 10/03/2011 04:25 PM CDT
... and thanks to Zadraes now it is fixed. Hours, minutes, who's counting. Please let me know if you run into it again.

-Raesh