Low level BL training 03/19/2013 10:24 PM CDT
As the title says it, I am a new bard and trying hard to learn how to train bardic lore. As of yet I do not have any screams and my scholarship at 60 with charisma at 15 I have not yet found one evoke/recall area that I can see. Right now the only way I have found to get even a smidgeon of training in Bardic Lore is practicing breathing every time I'm able. Practicing will bring my to 17/34 however I'd like to find other ways to train as a young bard so I do not completely leave the skill behind. Anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Re: Low level BL training 03/20/2013 12:26 AM CDT
Can you whistle piercing yet? I cannot remember how early we learned that one. I use it to teach Bardic Lore as it is on a short timer and gives me 4-5 per whistle.
Re: Low level BL training 03/20/2013 12:29 AM CDT
Try practice assess?

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Low level BL training 03/20/2013 08:01 AM CDT

I rolled up a level 1 bard, and he keeps it moving decently with scream concussion/havoc. He started with them, so not sure why yours can't use them.
Re: Low level BL training 03/20/2013 02:30 PM CDT
You might want to try practice stretching too; When I did that a few days ago, I was quite surprised at how quickly the field experience ramped up.

Also, consider buying song scrolls. Those don't teach as quickly as the screams or practices, but they do teach.

Good luck!

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Low level BL training 03/20/2013 03:33 PM CDT
Honestly, you might not want to train it, at all, period.

Currently BL does not count towards guild reqs. At some point down the road when the system is more fleshed out, they intend to add a hard req in Bardic Lore. At that time everybody is supposed to be grandfathered to circle.

It MAY be possible to train BL as an Nth lore currently. This would be bad when BL becomes a hard req, as you'd be forced to train a new Nth lore to replace it.

In short, at this point, newb Bards should seriously consider not bothering training it at all.
Re: Low level BL training 03/20/2013 06:56 PM CDT
>It MAY be possible to train BL as an Nth lore currently

It is not.

>Honestly, you might not want to train it, at all, period.

Just because they will grandfather it later, doesn't mean you can't get it far above what the req will be now. It's pretty simple to train with whistle piercing and scream concussive. It was said the req will be similar to the Performance req.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Master Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Low level BL training 03/22/2013 12:10 AM CDT
Pardon my interjection here but with the exception of traders and their eleventy billion tradin ranks per circle, I think all the guilds who have their super secret guild only skill thingy enabled have the same reason per circl need.

<<"earning too little skinning experience for a day or so isn't nearly as bad as having a spell that breaks your wings."
Re: Low level BL training 03/22/2013 12:14 AM CDT
>guild only skill thingy enabled have the same reason per circl need

You mean the requirement? Bardic Lore is trainable, but not currently required. I had less than two ranks per circle on my Bard until just recently. The requirement is not the same for all guild only skills. For example, at 100th Astrology is required to be 420 and Summoning is required to be 460.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Master Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer