VT and vocals - 3.0 03/26/2012 01:06 PM CDT
Since vocals is no longer going to be a "skill" after 3.0, how will this affect the VT quest? What will he ask us to be proficient in? <this won't effect thieves as their requirement to learn it is strictly by circle>

And our screams, will those work off of performance as well?

"we're doing it for the good of mankind," said the philosophers of murder, waiting for the rest of the world to congratulate them"-Elie Wiesel <the gates of the forest>
Re: VT and vocals - 3.0 03/26/2012 02:12 PM CDT
>>And our screams, will those work off of performance as well?

No. Concussive will use Targeted Magic, Havoc will use Debilitating, Defiance will use... not sure.

~Leilond
http://tinyurl.com/Leilond-Portrait
http://drzeal.forumotion.com Learn How to PvP!
Re: VT and vocals - 3.0 03/26/2012 05:31 PM CDT
Performance will not power screams.

We'll review the VT quests when we get there -- The requirements are rather nonsensical currently anyhow.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: VT and vocals - 3.0 03/27/2012 07:13 AM CDT
Ok, I'm just curious as to what I should be training for my bard, as I have the first VT, but not any of the others yet. So hopefully by the time 3.0 rolls around I'll have a couple others under my belt.

"we're doing it for the good of mankind," said the philosophers of murder, waiting for the rest of the world to congratulate them"-Elie Wiesel <the gates of the forest>
Re: VT and vocals - 3.0 03/27/2012 12:17 PM CDT
As long as all future Bards get to enjoy the uniqueness of Malik's requests... heheh.

-Broichan Leshyahen

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
Re: VT and vocals - 3.0 03/29/2012 04:57 PM CDT
As long as all future bards get to enjoy the moment we make him disappear... er... retire

* Malik was just struck down!
Re: VT and vocals - 3.0 06/11/2012 11:25 AM CDT
Raesh, do you know if you will be able to gain experience by being on a stage with the new Performance? IF so, would it only affect Bards or will non-Bards also receive some type of experience?

You hear a male voice from the east yell "REPENT! THE END IS NIGH!"
You yell, "How long do I have to repent?"
You hear a male voice from the east yell, "Moments!"
You yell, "I'm doomed."
Re: VT and vocals - 3.0 06/11/2012 05:00 PM CDT
I haven't looked at that specific system wrt 3.0. Whatever the current case is now, will likely be the case afterwards -- at least for the time being.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose