Instruments to circle 100 01/31/2011 02:39 PM CST
So, by the calculations on Elanthipedia and using the Genie circle calculator, I should've needed 270 min ranks of each music to reach 100th circle. However, once I finally managed to get my highest weapon to 330 for my last requirement, I was told that I needed to work on my music skills. My winds skill was lagging behind at 296 as my lowest music skill, but it still should've been more than enough to allow me to circle. However, I went and dutifully trained up my winds another 4 points, checking after each one with Tasdrean and Silvyrfrost, until I hit 300, when they finally let me circle.

This was mainly just a "did something change at some point?" kinda question post. Was I wrong in reading the requirements that others had posted?
Re: Instruments to circle 100 01/31/2011 02:50 PM CST
I train HP, LP, and LC - mostly at this point because I want to cover the spread for "heavier" armors in Combat 3.0 and Ryken isn't a stealthy fellow, so I just take off the armor altogether if he needs to try and hide.

This is mostly because Ryken fights as a weird amalgamation, a sort of spell slinging lore-a-din -- which is something of his picture of what the non-ninja guild defenders would do.

Ryken
--
lolbard 3.0
Re: Instruments to circle 100 01/31/2011 02:51 PM CST
The post 70 listed reqs have been wrong for sometime. It's 4 ranks of instruments per circle past 70.

Ryken
--
lolbard 3.0
Re: Instruments to circle 100 01/31/2011 06:27 PM CST
Shield, Leather, Light Chain, Light Plate.

Used to train cloth, but stopped as soon as I heard it was getting combined with leather.