Renown Scrolls 06/04/2010 12:58 AM CDT
Technically this isn't quite the right folder for this, but I didn't want to muddy the other discussion re: Paths/Feats with it.

So - should I fight with the Scroll code and survive more or less intact, what sort of things would you like them to check?

What skills would each Guildleader check for?

Etc.

-Raesh
Re: Renown Scrolls 06/04/2010 01:42 AM CDT
These are some I thought could be good:

Circle based
Most Weapons Ranks or some kind of weapon based one
Most General Lore ranks
Most Magic ranks
Most Teaching and Scholarship ranks

I was also trying to think of some that would be more accesible for newer bards:

Most Song Scrolls memorized
Most Ranks in Creation skills (when they come out)

Some that would probably not work unless the sytem tracks more than I'd think it does:

Most books read
Most instruments repaired
Most Spell Scrolls invoked
Most involvement in Performances (This would be one that would require GMs involvement, but it'd be pretty cool I think. Any time a bard is in a theater performance, performs for an event, or even performs on the fly where a GM notices it, they could be given a point in this)

The more diversity, the better IMO. Seeing the same exact names on every list wouldn't be too interesting, so making them as different as possible would give more for people to work towards. :)

-=Issus=-
Re: Renown Scrolls 06/04/2010 06:49 AM CDT
Just keep in mind that the "most whatever ranks" categories are kind of subjective especially since rank weight plays a role with our skills. As an example, it's a lot easier to train four weapon skills to 300 than it is to train one weapon skill to 1200.

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Renown Scrolls 06/04/2010 06:53 AM CDT
I'd suggest...

- Highest Weapon Skill
- Greatest Defense (Avg of "defensive" skills such as evasion, shield, parry, multi and possibly perception)
- Highest Magical Prowess (Magic Average)
- Standard circle roster
- Most Proficient Musician (Avg of "music" sills such as strings, percussions, winds, vocals and music theory)

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Renown Scrolls 06/04/2010 12:29 PM CDT
I think one of the leaders should check for style.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Faerie tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know dragons exist. Faerie tales tell children that dragons can be killed.
- G.K. Chesterton
Re: Renown Scrolls 06/04/2010 05:44 PM CDT
The Scroll of Fabulousness?

-V.

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: Renown Scrolls 06/04/2010 10:35 PM CDT
I'm going to need to develop a drinking game for these forums I can tell.

-Raesh
Re: Renown Scrolls 06/05/2010 12:52 AM CDT
"holder of the most trinkets"
Master Bestower of Absinthe?

I think a performance one would be great if that can be counted, along with the usual circle based, skill based etc.
Re: Renown Scrolls 06/05/2010 06:52 AM CDT
>The Scroll of Fabulousness?

We're all fabulous!

>it's a lot easier to train four weapon skills to 300 than it is to train one weapon skill to 1200.

Yes, but it also takes a concerted effort and training regimen to keep 8, 10, or 12 offensive skills within a rank or so of primary.

>I'm going to need to develop a drinking game for these forums I can tell.

So do we all... ;-)

In trying to come up with things not suggested in the other posts. One of the things that comes to mind is the guild's encouragement of traveling around. The speech you get about mojo, if I recall correctly, encourages you to not stay in one place too long at the risk of a lower connection to your mojo. I have no idea if the mechanics exist to support that stance but I took the suggestion to heart and my bard travels a lot - i.e. a journeyman.

So how about most traveled or most traveled in the last IG year?

~Faih
Re: Renown Scrolls 06/05/2010 07:02 AM CDT
>Technically this isn't quite the right folder for this, but I didn't want to muddy the other discussion re: Paths/Feats with it.

Since you did this, I'm going to try to post additional suggestions in separate forums if they kinda fit as well.

~Faih
Re: Renown Scrolls 06/05/2010 01:47 PM CDT
>Since you did this, I'm going to try to post additional suggestions in separate forums if they kinda fit as well.

I'm already on the run from Annwyl with Bahbtahrol. It is not a life to aspire to.

-Raesh
Re: Renown Scrolls 06/05/2010 10:24 PM CDT
I've got to help you out too? First Bahb, and then a GM, man which is heavier a Gor'Tog of a GM?

*Shake head*