Voice Throw 03/21/2009 09:07 PM CDT
Found a few old posts about this but nothing specific. I gather its a bit random, but can someone give me an idea of what I would need? Many thanks.

---
But there's a tree, of many, one,
A single field which I have look'd upon,
Both of them speak of something that is gone:
The pansy at my feet
Doth the same tale repeat:
Wither is fled the visionary gleam?
Where is it now, the glory and the dream?
Re: Voice Throw 05/29/2009 02:06 PM CDT
>Found a few old posts about this but nothing specific. I gather its a bit random, but can someone give me an idea of what I would need? Many thanks.

Hi DRAIGATHAR013, but since I don't see a response to your inquiry. It's been 2 months since your post, just in case you are still stuck here's some help. I guess the stat/skill requirements is what you are having trouble with. If in doubt about how to obtain guild abilities, ask a guild-leader.

1) Stat wise you should be both fairly persuasive and have a high degree of mental focus. If you've been lifting weights to train rather than visiting the learning Academys you may have to wait a while.
2) A certain amount of talent with one's voice is required, you don't need Adept ranks, but higher helps.
3) My information is from discussions from years ago. Back then bards debated endlessly about whether or not an X factor was required, such as prestigeous titles in the guild or accomplishment at being sneaky. If someone figured it out I did not hear about it.

Hope this helps you.

- Tathlenia

Re: Voice Throw 05/29/2009 02:19 PM CDT
Circle is also likely a requirement. My bard has held his circle back quite a bit while backtraining all the weapon skills. This basically means he blows most of the average gathered skills for when others earned VT4 out of the water. His relevant stats are slightly above the average. He is of much lower average circle, however, so I'm guessing that is the reason he still doesn't have it.

Also, when getting VT3, I checked just before circling to 45th and couldn't get it. I went and circled and was able to get it without training any stats or ranking any skills right after. Whether its a hard minimum or just included in a weighted calculation I have no clue, but it was definitely the deciding factor. If I had to guess I'd say VT4 will happen at 55 or 60. I'll let you all know what stat/circle makes it happen when it finally happens. I check after every circle/stat train now.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386AV.