Scholarship 01/07/2008 10:25 AM CST
Curious, but is anyone able to move Scholarship at 320ish ranks? If so, how do you do it if you don't mind me asking?

__
We are still discussing options and we are still trying to find the best plan we can that will not bring about the end of the world as we all know it. Well, that isn't necessarily accurate. The world as you know it will end.
Re: Scholarship 01/07/2008 12:06 PM CST
> If so, how do you do it if you don't mind me asking?

I do it via history walking if I really want to move it.

- GM Dartenian

"So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried, he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled that thing
That couldn't be done and he did it."
- Edgar Guest
Re: Scholarship 01/07/2008 12:20 PM CST
I'm not a bard, but classes and anatomy charts work nicely at almost 700 ranks.
Re: Scholarship 01/07/2008 12:57 PM CST
I used RECALL and intermittent classes until about 500 ranks when compendiums were released.

Now with 800 ranks, I still use RECALL, compendiums and intermittent classes to keep it locked. It suffers quite a bit without the classes though.

History walks still work really well for me, I just haven't added them into my bazillion different scripts for Gent.

GENT
Re: Scholarship 01/07/2008 01:57 PM CST
Anatomy charts and running through various recalls during instrument playing work great for me at just over 400 ranks. Recall Herb Scar FTW (seeing more lines of text from just one command makes me feel like I'm learning more, and that's good, because really, feeling good is what playing DragonRealms is all about).

Aveda's Field Guide
http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com
Hot hot hot scripts, Antique P5 maps, a macro tutorial, skill & stat training advice, and plenty of Bardly goodness.
In the works: BOXXOR- The lockpicking script built on the ReckusEngine!
Re: Scholarship 01/07/2008 03:34 PM CST
Oh yeah, has anyone found those 3 new PERC HISTORY rooms in Zoluren? I searched around quite a bit but didn't find them. Any hints (here or via email) would be appreciated!

GENT
Re: Scholarship 01/07/2008 04:27 PM CST
>Oh yeah, has anyone found those 3 new PERC HISTORY rooms in Zoluren? I searched around quite a bit but didn't find them. Any hints (here or via email) would be appreciated!

Well, these are the hints Dart gave: http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=1&topic=2&message=43666

Hints:

One is in Crossing. Sea if you can find it.

One is north of Crossing. I suspect there'll be a lot of sorrow before folks find this one.

You might find one by shopping around south of the river.

- GM Dartenian

Now, if you need a little more help, give a hollar and I'll see if I can't point you in closer directions!

~Eoworfinia~
Dartenian fades into view.
A horde of Lawrence Welk fans decend on the area.
Dartenian whimpers softly.
Re: Scholarship 01/07/2008 05:22 PM CST
Which recalls do you all use in order to learn scholarship? I've been using recall famous siryn, recall immortal truffenyi, and recall holiday blufandu. And of course, I'll be adding recall herb scar to the mix now as well. Are there any harder ones than that?

__
We are still discussing options and we are still trying to find the best plan we can that will not bring about the end of the world as we all know it. Well, that isn't necessarily accurate. The world as you know it will end.
Re: Scholarship 01/07/2008 05:39 PM CST
Can anyone tell me the scholarship reqs to use the various recalls as a bard?
Re: Scholarship 01/07/2008 06:06 PM CST
>>Which recalls do you all use in order to learn scholarship?

I just cycle through a list of different ones. I don't think there is too much difference between one holiday/immortal/herb/famous and another. I've never really cared enough to look at it.

I just don't like the idea of standing there doing nothing for 2 minutes while I play a lyre. Even if I'm not learning anything from RECALL I still do it. Although I had to change my script because now my roundtimes all went down to 3 seconds, which was causing some troubles.

Old habits die hard I guess. I'm sure someone else has a better idea of what works.

GENT