Secondary weapon requirements and Resonance 08/27/2007 12:04 AM CDT
I just recently realized I can no longer use Resonance. I'm Brawling primary and ME secondary. According to Zairius (which jives with Ssra's posted final guild requirements table) I'm 11 ranks behind in ME, and still being allowed to circle without being asked for secondary weapons.

Is there a bug within the guild requirements that is allowing us to circle without a secondary weapon requirement?

I thought that there was some leeway given within Resonance to allow you to use the enchante even if your secondary weapon wasn't totally up to par. I'm less than 3 circles away from the posted requirements.

Thanks!
GENT
Re: Secondary weapon requirements and Resonance 08/27/2007 12:11 AM CDT
Your description there is a little confusing, GENT... what are your actual ranks for your top two weapons?

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"
Re: Secondary weapon requirements and Resonance 08/27/2007 12:26 AM CDT
>>Is there a bug within the guild requirements that is allowing us to circle without a secondary weapon requirement?

Yes. There has been for almost a year now.

~Tashya~
Re: Secondary weapon requirements and Resonance 08/27/2007 01:49 AM CDT
Er, yes, my description is confusing, sorry.

In order to be my actual circle (113) I should have 11 more ranks (312) than I currently do (301) for my secondary weapon requirement.

From what I understand, primary weapon should have no bearing on the situation as I thought the ability to use Resonance was based solely on secondary weapons requirements.

I didn't even realize I was behind in the requirement until awhile back but I didn't know if it was known to be a bug or if the requirements were stated incorrectly.

Thanks for the input!
GENT
Re: Secondary weapon requirements and Resonance 08/27/2007 07:50 PM CDT
Alright, I see what the issue is now.

Your secondary weapon is enough per the requirements to qualify you for level 110. To use Resonance with a melee weapon, it has to be able to fulfill the requirement for Secondary Weapon for your (Current Circle - 1). So get 7 more ranks in Medium Edge (308) and Resonance should be usable with it.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"
Re: Secondary weapon requirements and Resonance 08/27/2007 10:55 PM CDT
Why couldn't there be a bug the LORE so you could circle anyway?!

::whimper::

I wish Silvyrfrost would just tell me which lore she is not happy with, and how much it will take to make her happy.

That would not really make me much happier about having to sit around doing nothing but lore, but at least I would know what I was in for.
Re: Secondary weapon requirements and Resonance 08/28/2007 05:34 AM CDT
<<I wish Silvyrfrost would just tell me which lore she is not happy with, and how much it will take to make her happy.

Dreamheart, I'd be happy to go over this with you and help you figure out what to train in order to circle. I know it's rough coming back into a new situation. Give me an IM at Mickalai if you want.

~Micka
Re: Secondary weapon requirements and Resonance 08/28/2007 06:13 AM CDT
>>Your secondary weapon is enough per the requirements to qualify you for level 110. To use Resonance with a melee weapon, it has to be able to fulfill the requirement for Secondary Weapon for your (Current Circle - 1). So get 7 more ranks in Medium Edge (308) and Resonance should be usable with it.

Thanks.

I knew there was some leeway with regards to the secondary weapon requirement and Resonance, and you hit it on the head, as usual!

Now to resist the urge to continue to circle while not training ME....

GENT
Re: Secondary weapon requirements and Resonance 08/28/2007 11:54 AM CDT
Haha Gent, you're just like me, except you use ME instead of LE. Funny stuff.

__
~Leilond