Re: Fletching 04/10/2007 11:31 AM CDT
>>Any bards pound their own arrows btw?

How does one pound an arrow? I can shape shafts and attach heads and such. Can we make our own arrowheads?... from what? how is this done?

Gylee the Geek

**Do I smell, or is that your opinion that stinks?
Re: Fletching 04/10/2007 11:57 AM CDT
I've pounded one or two, but it's been a long time... a ranger friend wanted to see how mine compared to his :)

Since I don't hunt the right things to get the teeth you need, though, it isn't worth it to me to do on a regular basis.

~Azimee

~~~
If you find yourself confronted by a group of armed guards, be warned that they will attack you in mass. No matter what you have been told by other sources, rest assured that they will not line up to attack you one by one. ~Handbook of Practical Heroics
Re: Fletching 04/10/2007 12:32 PM CDT
>>How does one pound an arrow? I can shape shafts and attach heads and such. Can we make our own arrowheads?... from what? how is this done?
<<

Hold a weapon in right hand and tusk/tooth/whatever to be pounded in left and pound whatever into arrowhead. Then keep pounding arrow into arrowhead until you are done or make a mess of it.

You can make arrowheads from Boars, adult Aginswaerd, Elsrael, Basilisk and i think some sort of warcat(i can`t skin sabre tooth and can`t kill muscular, the smaller warcats give pelts) and sleek helela. Might be more not sure.

Boars are obviously the easiest, but they make arrows that appraise poorer than store bought.

It seems to be total bow skill and quality of skinning to determine how good the made arrowhead is. Count whatever you skin and see how many parts it is, the best non rangers can get is a 50 part tooth/skin/eye/hide. Mech skill seems to determine if you make any mistakes pounding and fletching.

Hope that helps, it`s fun shooting your own home made arrows even if they are rubbish.

Rezzian
Re: Fletching 04/10/2007 03:07 PM CDT
>>Hope that helps, it`s fun shooting your own home made arrows even if they are rubbish

I like the concept of making my own gear.

Player of Gilart and Olatio
Everything written by this poster is non-guaranteed, use or accept at your own risk. All information is accessed from posters limited brain power unless log is provided.