Backtraining Targeted Magic 02/15/2007 09:06 PM CST
Only 82 more ranks to go of backtraining Targeted Magic!

I would highly advise all Bards to train this skill, as keeping it up at a secondary magic requirement will mean it stays in synch with your secondary weapon requirement. This can add a lot of flexibility, especially if you come across one of those really cool TM spell scrolls.

Also, don't forget that Breath of Storms still has the potential to require the Targeted Magic skill to use properly. I would highly advise those who plan on using this Enchante to train the Targeted Magic skill just in case.

Just my two cents!
>Wears his new imaginary Fireball Master title.

~The one who is obsessed with power.
__
http://soundsoftime.tripod.com - The all New Sounds of Time
http://drleilond.tripod.com - The Story
drleilond.tripod.com/Guild_Requirements.xls - Personal Bard Guild Req Sheet
Re: Backtraining Targeted Magic 02/17/2007 04:26 AM CST
Uhoh, more bards training up target. Time to go for 200.

Sephirin
Re: Backtraining Targeted Magic 02/17/2007 09:27 AM CST
Magic Requirement:
You have enough Magical Devices (Tertiary Magic) for circle 144 and need 24 (460) ranks for circle 150.
You have enough Harness Ability (Secondary Magic) for circle 150.
You have enough Primary Magic (Primary Magic) for circle 150.

Circle: 102
Showing magic skills (with ranks).
SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning
Primary Magic: 565 27% concentrating Harness Ability: 563 10% perplexed
Power Perceive: 243 03% clear Magical Devices: 436 87% perplexing
Targeted Magic: 127 41% clear

If this is the case, I guess I'll just not get the enchante. The same way i stopped training Power Perceive I don't understand how things like this happen.

Legendary Bard Mibe Oyiee, Dead Eye of Elanthia
~ You know I could always put it back to the old roundtimes...
Re: Backtraining Targeted Magic 02/17/2007 09:41 AM CST
Dang, how'd you manage to keep your Primary Magic and Harness together? There's little over a 40 rank gap between mine.

Also, it shouldn't be that much of a problem to backtrain Targeted Magic in your case--you already have it at a decent level. Your mentals are probably better than mine, so that should expedite the process even further.

And yeah, I wish there was a way for us to train Power Perceive without having to power walk.

~The one who is obsessed with power.
__
http://soundsoftime.tripod.com - Temporarily down, fighting with Lycos
http://drleilond.tripod.com - The Story
drleilond.tripod.com/Guild_Requirements.xls - Personal Bard Guild Req Sheet
Re: Backtraining Targeted Magic 02/17/2007 09:58 AM CST
Like 3 years of singing dema @ 15 - 20 mana constantly.

Any bards pound their own arrows btw?

Legendary Bard Mibe Oyiee, Dead Eye of Elanthia
~ You know I could always put it back to the old roundtimes...
Re: Backtraining Targeted Magic 02/17/2007 02:36 PM CST
<<Any bards pound their own arrows btw?

I don't do this normally, but last week I was hunting elsraels for kicks and decided to see how good an arrow I could pound from a tooth.

You are certain that it could do:
fair puncture damage
low slice damage
low impact damage

You are certain that the elsralael head arrow is extremely weak, and is in pristine condition.

You are confident that the elsralael head arrow weighs about 1 stone.
You are certain that the elsralael head arrow is worth exactly 300 lirums.

That's not a great arrow by any means. Both my mech and my total bow skills are about 350. The main limitation, from my understanding, is that any tooth I skin will only have 50 parts. An arranged tooth will have 100, and the arrow will automatically be better. I'm definitely looking forward to all guilds being able to skin 100 parts. In the meantime, I get my arrows from rangers or barbs.

As I was just doing this for fun, I just foraged up a cherry stick. I can cap that easily, so most likely the arrow would have appraised for more lirum had I bothered getting a harder wood.

If I'm ever near basilisks, I may try pounding one of those for fun in the near future.

~Micka