Re: Reqs. (Magic) 11/05/2006 09:44 AM CST
"With all that said, Bards do have a second option for learning Power Perception coming, and that's all I'm gonna say about that." -Dart on on 7/4/2005 12:10:37 AM

Also, on the last Bardic meeting this was mentioned again.

Could you give us a little more hints now, please?

The one who is obsessed with power..

http://drfallenbard.tripod.com/index.html
Art, Inspiration, and the Fallen.
Re: Reqs. (Magic) 11/05/2006 11:45 AM CST
I miss learning PP just by playing songs...

You know,
~ I could always put it back to the old roundtimes...
Re: Reqs. (Magic) 11/05/2006 08:37 PM CST
""With all that said, Bards do have a second option for learning Power Perception coming, and that's all I'm gonna say about that." -Dart on on 7/4/2005 12:10:37 AM

Also, on the last Bardic meeting this was mentioned again.

Could you give us a little more hints now, please?"

I'll see what I can find out and if there's anything more I can reveal.

-V.
Re: Reqs. (Magic) 11/17/2006 06:22 PM CST
> I miss learning PP just by playing songs...

So do I, but that's not likely to ever return. Sorry!

As far as hints about another way to learn PP, all I'm going to say for now is that it's not entirely new. It's been seen before, very briefly. A few of the older bards -may- remember it, but it was a brief glance at best.

- GM Dartenian

"You ain't seen nothin' yet!" - Al Jolson

LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/dartenian/
Re: Reqs. (Magic) 11/17/2006 06:44 PM CST
That's cheating, you already gave us that hint at the last Bard meeting! New hint please.

The one who is obsessed with power..

http://drfallenbard.tripod.com
Art, Inspiration, and the Fallen.
Re: Reqs. (Magic) 11/20/2006 10:12 PM CST
I miss learning PP from playing songs as well. Oh so much I miss it.

I feel like an infant trying to take its first steps... going on these... power... walks?
Re: Reqs. (Magic) 11/21/2006 10:51 AM CST
Don't feel bad, Raziaar, I despise Powerwalking as well.

Gypsy Draconita, Bard of Murrula
Re: Reqs. (Magic) 11/21/2006 06:59 PM CST
I despise all forms of training that isn't related to combat.

~The one who is obsessed with power.
__
http://drleilond.tripod.com - The Story
http://drfallenbard.tripod.com - Art, Inspiration, and the Fallen
drleilond.tripod.com/Guild_Requirements.xls - Personal Bard Guild Req Sheet
Re: Reqs. (Magic) 11/21/2006 09:42 PM CST
So don't power walk, power hunt. Everytime you move to the next room in a hunting area, perceive. That 5 or 8 second pause lets the critters that are chasing you catch up.

Meigs
Re: Reqs. (Magic) 11/21/2006 11:09 PM CST
i'm not really in an area with 'open' hunting room. all of a sudden theres a person in nearly every room in caracals. I'm going back to training it though, so fear not. What is the benefit of PP. I've never really trained it. On any character. Ever.

You know,
Re: Reqs. (Magic) 11/22/2006 07:10 AM CST
>>What is the benefit of PP.

I don't know how this relates to bards, but with Ryeka's levels of Power Perception she can sense (and use!) tons of mana for her magics where others might sense only flickering mana, or even none at all. Good stuff for flinging spells around.

The mind behind...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Reqs. (Magic) 11/22/2006 07:40 AM CST
<<I don't know how this relates to bards

Power perception is important for bards for that same reason. You can hunt in low mana rooms and still use your favorite enchantes because you actually sense more mana than the average person. It made a big difference when I hunted red leucros in Shard.

~Micka
Re: Reqs. (Magic) 11/22/2006 10:53 AM CST
>>What is the benefit of PP.

You cannot use power that you cannot tell is there. The better your skill, the more of the energy surrounding you and in nearby areas becomes available to you. If you went through your entire career and never learned any Power Perception, every room would be vague mana - or worse.

>>I've never really trained it. On any character. Ever.

You probably mean there that you never tried to mind locked, dedicating lots of time to try to crank it up high. Nothing wrong with that. Personally I prefer a more laid-back method of training, just going about my day and letting skills accrue more organically. Sure, the ranks may not turn over as fast, but it's not like it's a race.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Pro Shop closed. Check out our new location in Pod Six.
Re: Reqs. (Magic) 11/22/2006 05:23 PM CST
Ya, here in TF, i was more worried about other skills, not so much PP. I'm dedicating some time to it now tho, now that i'm going to get my lores and survivals in line for 120th, then go back to hunting.

You know,