Obligitory returning Bard Questions 06/25/2017 09:30 PM CDT

Figure I may as well revive this forum with a question. Just returning to the game after about 2 years and some months so was just curious as to what spells are all the rage for 1. Training and 2. Combat. I have a clean slate so I can choose whatever.

What are Bards mostly interested in with the creation systems?

What have most people converted the mechanical lore skill into?

And, of course, where does everyone hang out at? Actually saw some souls at the Crossing Guild today, but perhaps I can be hopefully enough that its brimming to the rafters like in the old days?

Thanks for any help!

Vteec
Re: Obligitory returning Bard Questions 06/26/2017 02:12 AM CDT
Welcome back!

>>what spells are all the rage for 1. Training and 2. Combat.

Well, for combat I personally use Rage of the Clans, Harmony, Naming of Tears, Drums of the Snake, Will of Winter OR Echoes of Aether (depending), Misdirection, and Damaris' Lullaby. It's a pretty great suite that should keep you covered for offense, defense, and stealth (if that's your thing). Other possibilities include switching out the cyclic for either Albreda's Balm if you only want to handle one creature at a time, or using Phoenix's Pyre to reduce numbers without getting everything. Some people also swear by Manifest Force, and Lay Ward can be very helpful if you're hunting anything that uses TM.

For training, it depends on if I'm in combat or not. When in combat I use Aura of Tongues for Utility, Redeemer's Pride for Warding, and Eillie's Cry for Augmentation. Out of combat I use cyclics: Sanctuary for Utility, Glythtide's Joy for Warding, and Blessings of the Fae for Augmentation.

>>What are Bards mostly interested in with the creation systems?

Speaking for myself, I don't have any real interests yet, though I've dabbled in Forging and Outfitting. Enchanting might be fun too if it ever comes out. I know at least one bard was very interested in Engineering for a while because it will supposedly eventually cover instrument crafting. I would not recommend making any choices based on "future" systems though, as they may never happen. In fact my recommendation is to hold off on using your careers and hobby for as long as possible. I've done so indefinitely. That said, there are a lot of fun systems that are in place and I encourage you to explore and find what you like. We are one of the only guilds with a crafting buff, and it's a great one.

>>What have most people converted the mechanical lore skill into?

For me, nothing. See above.

>>And, of course, where does everyone hang out at? Actually saw some souls at the Crossing Guild today, but perhaps I can be hopefully enough that its brimming to the rafters like in the old days?

Unfortunately it's not like the old days. A thinning game population plus lots of combat requirements means hangouts are harder to come by. You could try the Crossing Empath guild, Crossing WM guild, or the bin in Lang. Or give people a reason to come to you, start something of your own.

- Navesi
Re: Obligitory returning Bard Questions 06/27/2017 09:01 PM CDT
Thanks Navesi!

Appreciate the feedback. while I never expect the guild to be what it once was 15 years ago I do feel moved to get some guild events started. Who knows we will see, I would imagine it will take awhile to get re-acclimated to the game in general. Part of the reasons I never could stay after returning was the lack of comradery so it would be fun to begin some events in the future to bring the guildmates around.

Regards,
Vteec
Re: Obligitory returning Bard Questions 06/28/2017 12:03 PM CDT
>it would be fun to begin some events in the future to bring the guildmates around.

I think the bard character Bead (I'm sure there are many others but she's done some song circles recently) is interested in this as well. Keep an eye out for her.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Bead

While it's not limited to Bards, Tavern Troupe is pretty Bardic imo.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Tavern_Troupe_Performing_Order