Guild Meeting 02/23/2016 09:29 AM CST
Glad to be back after a break. Any chance we could get together to discuss guild projects at some point?

-Derivan
Re: Guild Meeting 02/23/2016 06:51 PM CST
Broichan's also been back for a short while and would be up for some such good Bardic fellowship.

>For some reason you just can't stop thinking about glarmencouplers.
Re: Guild Meeting 02/23/2016 11:45 PM CST
Welcome back. Yeah I've been back a short while as well. Would be great to see who is around and speak about what might be coming down the pipe for us (if anything).
Re: Guild Meeting 02/23/2016 11:57 PM CST
Welcome back to both of you. Just please try not to circle too much so I can catch up to you. :)

Regarding guild projects, the supposed rough order of game development that I've heard is "Barrier Review, then work on Rangers/Paladins/Bards" with maybe Trader magic thrown in there somewhere. That's with the caveat that there are many different GMs who work on many other things, from racial releases to events to premium stuff to unexpected guild releases. The GMs work based on what they are passionate on, and that can change things up.

Raesh also gave a decent overview of Bard-specific development fairly recently. You might actually just search for posts by DR-RAESH in this folder. Look at the top right of the post window for "Show messages from to by _."

But for your convenience, a few of his posts are here:

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Bards/General%20Discussions%20-%20Bards/view/2983

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Bards/General%20Discussions%20-%20Bards/view/2988

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Bards/General%20Discussions%20-%20Bards/view/2996

- Navesi
Re: Guild Meeting 02/24/2016 12:52 PM CST
Navesi,

Thanks!

I appreciate the links to those posts. I am very disappointed to hear that heritages have pretty much been abandoned. I would really like to see our abilities reflect our lore especially along the lines of the Songsworn and the Ru'atin Peri'el. I think the long discussions and creation of the heritage concept was to include all types of bards (performers, historians, utility fighters). I was a big fan of the idea especially since other guilds with diverse branches of lore have similar systems (moon mage sects). I understand that priorities are always difficult to juggle with guild development, but I don't think a lot of people (at least those that have been through 5 GMs or more) have high expectations at this point.

My hopeful list (which dates from probably 4-5 years ago) still includes:

-Screams rewrite
-Asery Guild completion
-Heritage System implementation
-Instrument Creation
-More Bard guild specific events (Court Bard assignments for rulers, ect.)
-Rumor system expansion to have use (exp, or otherwise)
-Recall system expansion to have use (exp, or otherwise)

Hopefully we can all meet to discuss the way forward as a guild soon! And that we strive to make the Guild as appealing to new characters as possible, the performance hall has been pretty empty since my return.

-Derivan
Re: Guild Meeting 02/24/2016 02:24 PM CST
>-Screams rewrite
Damaging screams are being changed into a spell which is still in the nether somewhere but maybe the EE and BF systems can be used to make it?

>-Heritage System implementation
Raesh recently said that these will probably not be implemented in anything other than lore and items. The type of sub-guilds this creates are rather low RoI on developer time.

>-Instrument Creation
This is going to be put under the Tinkering Discipline in the Engineering skill. Part of the skill (namely crossbows and bolts) are currently up on the test realm and will be the next released craft once everything works right. Once that is out then we don't know when instruments will be added.
Re: Guild Meeting 02/24/2016 08:18 PM CST
>>I am very disappointed to hear that heritages have pretty much been abandoned.

Me too, although I understand why. Maybe someday, if someone has some spare time. :(

>>Damaging screams are being changed into a spell which is still in the nether somewhere but maybe the EE and BF systems can be used to make it?

My understanding is that it is going to follow the Dragon's Breath or possibly Blufmor Garaen route. That is, you cast the spell and then you have a certain number of "charges" of screams built up that you can release at will. I think BG allows release of several in quick succession, while DB requires a cooldown in between attacks.

>>-Aesry Guild completion

Check out my latest article here: http://wrensnesttavern.com/news/herald/ipirhka-lakwi-to-observe-guildleader-silvyrfrost/

It might be nothing, or it might be a precursor to a new guild. Probably nothing! Don't get your hopes too high. At the least it might fulfill a bit of your request for Bard events.

>>-Rumor system expansion to have use (exp, or otherwise)

This would be really nice. Even if it were literally just that the bartender/NPC would randomly blurt out some of the rumors since right now nobody even knows they exist.

>>-Recall system expansion to have use (exp, or otherwise)

I need to check to see if these are working properly. Last I checked they were bugged. If so that definitely needs fixing. Also, if you have any ideas about recalls to submit, the GMs are pretty happy to take ideas at this point.

>>the performance hall has been pretty empty since my return.

Unfortunately training has forced me out of Zoluren at the moment. I will make an effort to hang out there when I can get back, but it may be a while.

- Navesi
Re: Guild Meeting 02/25/2016 01:18 AM CST
Rumor System:
Interesting idea, but I don't know how feasible it is. Ideally, I'd prefer to open up the rumor system to be open to everyone, and honestly, have less bars (gender, race etc) as they've tended to make things difficult, and I think made the system as under utilized as it is.

Recall et al:
Evokes -- I think these still need to be updated (and that's all on me as Raesh can tell you)

Aesry Guild:
At the cost of being mysterious about Ipirhka's appearance I divulge nothing.

Screams:
We've gone through a few ideas on these, but nothing that I think has become completely SOLID yet.

~Evike
Re: Guild Meeting 02/25/2016 02:20 AM CST
>>Ideally, I'd prefer to open up the rumor system to be open to everyone, and honestly, have less bars (gender, race etc) as they've tended to make things difficult, and I think made the system as under utilized as it is.

Absolutely. Some kind of occasional restriction for flavor would be all right with me. It would be nice to have a Bard perk though, like maybe extra, uh... spreading power? Higher chance that the NPC will choose your rumor to talk about? Higher allowance of rumors in the system?

>>We've gone through a few ideas on these, but nothing that I think has become completely SOLID yet.

For what it's worth, I like the Dragon's Breath/Blufmor Garaen idea, but I am intrigued at other possibilities.

Oh one thing I don't think we got confirmed from Raesh. Chorus of Madmen -- coming back?

- Navesi
Re: Guild Meeting 02/25/2016 02:30 AM CST
I just wanna pop in and say I would love, love to see more ways of disseminating information in-game. Rumors are just one aspect of that. Anything that allows for players to communicate with one another in more ways would just be great even if Bards act as gatekeepers or have some edge to using it.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Guild Meeting 02/25/2016 02:56 AM CST
>>Chorus of Madmen -- coming back?

This is a spell we'd all like to see come back.

It's also a poster child of a spell that does not map well to 3.0 magic to such a degree that no one has been able to figure out how to convert it without making it feel like a totally different spell - and that's not something we want.

I do think I finally cracked a way to do it but it's gated by some things I can't talked about yet (because I'm not at all sure they will come to pass - I have to persuade the of the development team that it's a good idea).

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Guild Meeting 02/25/2016 12:18 PM CST
Thanks to everyone for the responses and discussion.

>>Interesting idea, but I don't know how feasible it is. Ideally, I'd prefer to open up the rumor system to be open to everyone, and honestly, have less bars (gender, race etc) as they've tended to make things difficult, and I think made the system as under utilized as it is.

I agree. Since it is one of the perks we have that really doesn't seem to have any use (exp, otherwise) I would like to see it either become something useful or go away and allow more development on something that will benefit us.

>>It might be nothing, or it might be a precursor to a new guild. Probably nothing! Don't get your hopes too high. At the least it might fulfill a bit of your request for Bard events.

>>At the cost of being mysterious about Ipirhka's appearance I divulge nothing.

Too late, now my hopes are up. Dangerous business. :)

>>We've gone through a few ideas on these, but nothing that I think has become completely SOLID yet.

Fair enough.

>>Evokes -- I think these still need to be updated (and that's all on me as Raesh can tell you)

Shows that I've been gone a bit. Evokes, yes. Will they have a tangible use at some point? (exp. gain, skill bonus, ect.)

>>>>Chorus of Madmen -- coming back?

Always liked that one.
Re: Guild Meeting 02/25/2016 12:19 PM CST
>>Evokes, yes. Will they have a tangible use at some point? (exp. gain, skill bonus, ect.)

They're informational - that's their functional. And they do act as a source of exp.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Guild Meeting 02/25/2016 08:00 PM CST
>>>>I am very disappointed to hear that heritages have pretty much been abandoned.

>>Me too, although I understand why. Maybe someday, if someone has some spare time. :(

Most of the heritage perks were going to be fluff anyway, what I would like to see is:

- Continued "support" for the heritages at Guildfest, other events where we can buy fluff/items that are thematic to the heritages.
- Lore posts on Bard Guild history and the heritages.

I think the ROI on that should work out.
Re: Guild Meeting 03/11/2016 08:43 AM CST
Derivan,

I think your list of hopefuls is spot on. I personally would love to see recall and heritage implemented/expanded. Since meeting you briefly in the Bard Guild in Crossing not too long ago, I have only seen you in passing and would LOVE to schedule gatherings and player-led events for bards. I know the Tavern Troupe has some events here and there, but many of us seem to not get the information for them until after the event is over. I also seem to have an issue attending many of the events tat take place after 8pm Eastern. In the past several months (since coming back to DR and creating my Bard), I have found that most of the Bardic Gatherings are quite impromptu in either the Empath Guild in Crossing, or on a random boat trip to/from Aesry/Lang.

There are several of us who are always having either a Limerick competition or perhaps a flirting/banter battle. The ones who are usually involved in this regularly are Myself, Maxwelinski and Finnbar, with Estell joining in on occasion. My ultimate goal(what I really want out of DR) is some great RP with some quick-witted people. I have found many people with whom I can RP, and have many great sessions where training gets completely forgotten because we are all so involved in the interaction.

I think my biggest issue since returning from about 10 years hiatus is that there seem to be more "zombies" in Elanthia now...and some of them get so upset at the RP and banter that they will actually summon a critter (alfar/spawn) that will attack while running a piercing whistle script(forgot to turn it off after hunting) during the RP. I have been attacked by an Alfar in the Empath Guild, and I have watched Ticrit get killed twice for the same thing.

Back to the point of my response...

Over the next two weeks I have very limited time, but I would absolutely LOVE to have a Guild Meeting to discuss possibilities for the future of the Bards Guild.

Count me in!

Also, if you ever want to throw down in some RP, feel free to reach me on the Albredine Net any time I am on!

Khylynnia,
Prydaen Bardess,
Puncher of Danglies
Re: Guild Meeting 03/11/2016 12:16 PM CST
Khylynnia,

Thanks for the response, look forward to seeing you in the guild in the future.

Lets make the Bard Guild Great Again!

-Derivan