Re: The Plan 10/20/2010 08:12 PM CDT
> as evidenced by the fact Ilithi doesn't have a true bard in the Court Bard position. A slap in the face to all bards who have spent years playing bards.

I know this is yet another dig at poor Ruea and another attempt to draw attention to yourself and Teamarie, but hey, here I am biting.

Playing a bard isn't enough, you have to be good at it. With as many typos as you and Teamarie tend to make in your gweths and conversations I wouldn't give the position to either one of you. You're supposed to be the masters of language, try to form a coherent sentence first, then start thinking about trying for court positions.

Actually there's a few steps in between those that are important too, but I don't expect you to get past the coherent sentence thing so I won't bother listing the others.

Sebastienne is wanted for murder, endangering the public, forbidden practices, and Crimes against the State.
Re: The Plan 10/20/2010 08:21 PM CDT
What I meant to say was HAHAHAHA YOU GUYS ARE THE WORST BARDS EVER RUEA FOR COURT BARD ETERNAL

Go Ruea!

USA!
USA!
USA!

Sebastienne is wanted for murder, endangering the public, forbidden practices, and Crimes against the State.
Re: The Plan 10/20/2010 08:27 PM CDT
I stopped reading STRONGK's posts when she pulled the 'I'm older than most bards so my opinion is more important' speech during the discussions leading up to the TM rewrite.

-Evran

"RAGE + TEAR + EYE + RESO + HARM + DRUM + MISD + PRIDE + Your choice of Cyclic + AoE stun/knockdown as needed without losing buffs = OMG! I just crapped my pants!" -Evran
Re: The Plan 10/20/2010 08:28 PM CDT
Sebastienne, are you really an Empress in game?

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: The Plan 10/20/2010 08:30 PM CDT
<<Sebastienne, are you really an Empress in game?

I've always assumed its like Aeviona is really a mermaid. It'd be nice to know and not assume, however.

-Evran

"RAGE + TEAR + EYE + RESO + HARM + DRUM + MISD + PRIDE + Your choice of Cyclic + AoE stun/knockdown as needed without losing buffs = OMG! I just crapped my pants!" -Evran
Re: The Plan 10/20/2010 08:30 PM CDT
Team Ruea...she is awesome.
Re: The Plan 10/20/2010 08:32 PM CDT
<<With as many typos as you and Teamarie tend to make in your gweths and conversations I wouldn't give the position to either one of you. You're supposed to be the masters of language, try to form a coherent sentence first, then start thinking about trying for court positions.

So true! Those two make me want to stab out my eyes whenever I see their gweths and conversations.

Necromancy brings out the Stupid in us all. -Armifer
Re: The Plan 10/20/2010 08:37 PM CDT
<<Sebastienne, are you really an Empress in game?

See Sebastienne regularly presses others, and all that pressure has given her the impression that she is an Empress.

True Story.

Or at least my attempt at humor.

Re: The Plan 10/20/2010 08:38 PM CDT
>>Playing a bard isn't enough, you have to be good at it. With as many typos as you and Teamarie tend to make in your gweths and conversations I wouldn't give the position to either one of you. You're supposed to be the masters of language, try to form a coherent sentence first, then start thinking about trying for court positions.

Not to mention, look how much Ruea has done since she has been the Court Bard. Numerous plays and social gatherings, heck there is even one tonight.

Anyone who plans on applying or whining about the choice in the future should get out a pen and a piece of paper and start taking some notes.

- Terra
Re: The Plan 10/20/2010 08:43 PM CDT
>>Not to mention, look how much Ruea has done since she has been the Court Bard. Numerous plays and social gatherings, heck there is even one tonight.

Anyone who plans on applying or whining about the choice in the future should get out a pen and a piece of paper and start taking some notes.<<

I couldn't have said it any better.
Re: The Plan 10/20/2010 08:45 PM CDT
> Sebastienne, are you really an Empress in game?

Someday, somehow.

> Not to mention, look how much Ruea has done since she has been the Court Bard. Numerous plays and social gatherings, heck there is even one tonight.

Yeah, "doing stuff besides discussing the bill of rights on the gweth" is one of those steps between coherent sentence and court bard that I didn't bother to mention.

Re: The Plan 10/20/2010 08:48 PM CDT
>>Ruea

Has done a great job at the events I've been too. It's unfortunate that some people can't be happy for her. Especially those who struggle with basic RP.
Re: The Plan 10/20/2010 08:54 PM CDT
Ruea Rocks, that is all.
Re: The Plan 10/20/2010 09:22 PM CDT
from the logs i've seen of ilithi events ruea is doing an outstanding job as court bard. she has a real talent for the position.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: The Plan 10/20/2010 09:41 PM CDT
>I stopped reading STRONGK's posts when she pulled the 'I'm older than most bards so my opinion is more important' speech during the discussions leading up to the TM rewrite.

Anyone who uses the above as a key argument as to why their opinion has merit fails at any argument they make. I do not understand why this type of statement is deemed important. It's like "Hi, I have been giving stupid comments since I joined DR 8 years ago, therefore, my opinions are now smart just because I've been here 8 years!"

As for Strongk's claim about the "slap in the face": I would think that GMs would be biased in the favor of bards when choosing a Court Bard. If anything, it would be seriously hard for a non-bard to get the position if true bards were in the running.

The fact that they went with a non-bard is a key indication as to how badly the bards (if any applied) failed to live up to the requirements of being a Court Bard that they failed to make the cut.

As her almighty Empress stated, there's more to being a good bard than simply joining the right guild. I.e. one of which I imagine might be ( should be ) having good taste in men.

Anyway, props to Ruea for having the drive and passion to make the position hers.
Re: The Plan 10/20/2010 10:15 PM CDT
I approve this thread. Ruea knew she'd catch some grief going into the job but she still dove right in and has been nothing less than amazing.

~ Kougen

The shadowling exclaims, "Boo ya!"
Re: The Plan 10/21/2010 05:55 AM CDT
For all the complaining I've yet to see a "True Bard" step up and do anything productive about it. Complaining is easy, proving you'd be better than someone else, takes more than blowing hot air.

Ruea has stepped up to fill a position that has for awhile been lacking in Ilithi, others had the chance to prove they would do the job better than before. No one did, she has been pretty amazing and consistent.

The Dragon priest hisses, "We'd have won, too, if it weren't for thossse meddling kidsss."
>
Re: The Plan 10/21/2010 08:29 AM CDT
Whats amazing to me is that its still the same two people complaining that they didn't get the same position, for years.

Move on with your life.

-Landros