*mutter* 04/07/2007 09:03 PM CDT

Hi again, just a quick question.

Inns and taverns ARE public places, yes?

I was in Leth, and decided to go to the inn to wait for someone. Majebrad was there with some girl, and hinted for me to leave. Well, I didn't, because my friend was going to pick me there, so he attacked me. Well, not sure if it is in attack, I guess he mostly wanted to scare me:

Majebrad gestures at you.
With a burst of reddish light, a fiery swirl
appears in the air beside Majebrad. A glowing
lion that appears to be crafted from dancing
crimson flames slinks out of the flaming portal and
glances around the area, assessing the situation.
With a roar reminiscent of a raging forest fire,
the lion suddenly leaps at you!

The lion slashes at you with its fiery claws, leaving a trail of jagged white-hot lines branded into your right eye!

The fiery lion shakes its glowing mane, then vanishes in a swirl of flames.
>

I -know- we sometimes want privacy, but is that correct to do? I need some Inn etiquette lessons.
Re: *mutter* 04/07/2007 09:22 PM CDT
Hi there. Umm, sorry about that? Yes my character did request and then strongly imply you should wait elsewhere because he was conducting some private business. The MOA doesn't do any damage unless I actually harness mana which is the reason I used it. A heavy threat with no harm done.

- Maje
Re: *mutter* 04/07/2007 09:47 PM CDT

Well, hello! Yes, I realized it didn't harm me, but honestly, can't blame/threaten me for waiting in a public area. Could have used one of the other areas, or a room, or a private table or the like. If it is private, important business, could have gone to your guild.

Anyway, I got my answer, so thanks!
Re: *mutter* 04/07/2007 10:12 PM CDT
Cassie Noba's Inn and Secluded Hideaway Survival Guide and Etiquette Primer
For the users of private areas:
1)make friends. They can act as lookouts and guards, preventing other people from interrupting.
2)where possible, lock or latch the door.
3)use a system of passwords or other code. If someone thoughtfully tries to announce their presence, you can then shoo them away if you weren't expecting them.
4)keep your voice low (yes, girls, I know this can be tough, but 'tis best not to embarass yourself too handily).

For those just arriving:
1)stick to the common areas--bars, booths, secret servant hallways, and so on. Most people wouldn't dream of dallying in these places, and if they do, well, FREE ENTERTAINMENT (woohoo!)
2)if there are people just standing in the hallways, ask if particular rooms are taken. If they don't know or don't answer or aren't there, knock first or otherwise announce your presence.
3)if someone is in the room you walked into, either immediately exit or ask if you can stay. Some (innocent or not) don't mind the company, but some don't want an audience.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: *mutter* 04/08/2007 02:03 AM CDT
Get a room. That is what the inn is for, correct?

Shoot, shoulda started a bar brawl!

~The one who is obsessed with power.
__
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com - The Sounds of Time
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com/bard_planner.xls - Personal Bard Planner
Re: *mutter* 04/09/2007 11:35 AM CDT
I would treat a Bar or Inn as a public place and any challenge or threat to move out of it by someone you should deal with as you see fit. Unless someone is in a back room, or a private area they should expect no privacy.

Player of Gilart and Olatio
Everything written by this poster is non-guaranteed, use or accept at your own risk. All information is accessed from posters limited brain power unless log is provided.
Re: *mutter* 04/09/2007 02:40 PM CDT
Advice: Run in tell them to "Take it to the house" and if they don't, soak the place in naphtha and fire up the Pyre.

Seriously. Burn that mother down.

-Derivan
Re: *mutter* 04/09/2007 03:31 PM CDT
I like fire.

Legendary Bard Mibe Oyiee, Dead Eye of Elanthia
~ You know I could always put it back to the old roundtimes...
Re: *mutter* 04/09/2007 07:03 PM CDT
>>Seriously. Burn that mother down.

I would SO give my right arm for the ability to light items on fire, instead of just people/critters. I don't care if there were fines or you could get arrested, I'd love to be able to throw fire bombs or such....

>pour my naphta into my wooden shell
You pour your vial of naptha into the top of your wooden shell and push the cork tightly in.
>glance
You glance down to see a naptha bomb in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.
>shake my naptha bomb
You shake your naptha bomb vigorously, and a sloshing sounds comes from within.
>throw my wooden shell at Roboson
You toss a naptha bomb in an arc towards Roboson and it rolls to land at his feet.
A hissing sounds comes from the naptha bomb on the ground!
>chant pyre
You briefly close your eyes to prepare yourself to begin the "Phoenix's Pyre". In a low tone you begin your enchante, allowing your voice to grow as you feel the power of it agitate the air about you, causing it to warm almost painfully.
>glance Roboson
You glance at Roboson.
>hum innocently
You hum innocently.
With barely a pause for breath, you neatly segue to the verse of the "Phoenix's Pyre". Your fur warms tangibly as you bite off each of the words with a fierceness that seems to incite the very air around you to anger and flare in response.
With barely a pause for breath, you neatly segue to the verse of the "Phoenix's Pyre". Your fur warms tangibly as you bite off each of the words with a fierceness that seems to incite the very air around you to anger and flare in response.
A naptha bomb sparks in reaction to your enchante!
Shrapnel flies everywhere, imbedding in the nearest victims.
A naptha bomb explodes in a flash of smoke and noxious fumes!
Roboson coughs uncontrollably, flailing on the ground.
>l Roboson
You see Roboson Cateater, a Human Bard.

He looks like a hull of a man, and crispy to boot! Did someone order their steak well-done?

Oh, and to put my two cents in, the person was being obnoxious, but you can be too. I think that would count as an attack, and you can choose to return the favor. Lots of folks rp not-so-nice chars, it's just part of the game. Have fun with it. ;)

p.s. Ok, so maybe I still haven't entirely forgiven Robo for his hunting trips...

~Tashya~
Re: *mutter* 04/09/2007 09:28 PM CDT
Tashya, that might be worth having just to watch....

Xanzie (WEeee fire!)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and martini in hand, body thoroughly worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Re: *mutter* 04/09/2007 09:53 PM CDT
>Xanzie (WEeee fire!)

Exactly, bardic bonfire of doom.

>get stick
You get a stick from your leather haversack.
>get marsh
You get some marshmellows from you leather haversack.
>affix marsh
You expertly impale a marshmellow with you stick and then turn your attention to the flaming Roboson.
>flail
You flail.
>say I ordered medium
You say, "I ordered medium!"

But seriously. Pyre has a LOT of potential.

-Derivan
Re: *mutter* 04/10/2007 08:32 AM CDT
I had no idea there where so many pyromaniacs inside of the bard guild. It scares me...but explains a few things :)
Re: *mutter* 04/12/2007 06:37 PM CDT
<<I had no idea there where so many pyromaniacs inside of the bard guild.>>

You have no idea.

And if you think THEY'RE bad, you should see Dart.

-V.

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: *mutter* 04/13/2007 09:05 AM CDT
>And if you think THEY'RE bad, you should see Dart.

I bet he has a dragon lighter too.

>grin evil

-Derivan
Re: *mutter* 04/16/2007 01:15 AM CDT
Nah. Three flints, though.

Regardless, he can still cause pain and mayhem and such of a flameborne variety. As well as of many other varieties.

-V., testdummy.

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay