Prev_page Previous 1
Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/05/2005 12:31 PM CDT
Next time you run across Kleis, thank him for ruining the good name of plate wearing bards everywhere. Due to his ineptness while using plate, all bards from this point on are considered "laughing stocks". Don't take it to hard, really. You can't be responsible for every Bard out there. Just, well, to me, a Bard of such high standing as Kleis, you'd think he could handle his armor a bit better. Drop the jousting dream Kleis. At least until you know how to remove rust from metal.

Toot toot thy horn.

Gidske
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/05/2005 04:22 PM CDT
Just out of curiosity, how does the acts of one person affect an entire guild?

That's like saying if Navak were to giggle and wear a dress, the entire Barbarian guild would be affected.

Call me baby-face Lei.
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/05/2005 04:31 PM CDT
I don't know if Navak were giggling and wearing a dress, those laughing uproariously (like myself) might be considered affected. :)
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/05/2005 04:35 PM CDT
I think Agonar would wet himself if he saw such a sight.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/05/2005 06:16 PM CDT
Hold up, folks, I think we're overlooking the greater concern here.

>>Just, well, to me, a Bard of such high standing as Kleis, you'd think he could handle his armor a bit better.

Kleis has high standing? Says who? Since when? We'll just have to nip that in the bud, yes we will. Where'd I put my bud-nippers?

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/05/2005 06:30 PM CDT
LOL I feel special I got my own thread! Oh Shavay just dont nip anything important.

Kleis

P.s.
I'll try to respond better when I can read the post and not laugh.
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/05/2005 06:48 PM CDT
Navak removes a length of inflated eel skin twisted into the shape of a bracelet from his wrist.
Navak shakes his inflated eel skin!
Navak skillfully twists his inflated eel skin into the shape of an anvil.
Nicolet giggles at Navak.
Navak says, "Quiet, I'm playing"
Navak says, "With my..."
Navak waves his inflated eel skin around and giggles oddly.
Navak skillfully twists his inflated eel skin into the shape of a parrot.
Navak waves his inflated eel skin around, making noises like an inebriated pirate pretending to be a birdy.
Navak skillfully twists his inflated eel skin into the shape of a ferry boat.
Navak waves his inflated eel skin around and giggles oddly.

And the best one:
Navak skillfully twists his inflated eel skin into the shape of a spider.
Navak waves his inflated eel skin around and you see thin rivulets of slobber streaming from his half-open mouth. This is just wrong!
Navak waves his inflated eel skin around and around in wide circles. Much more of this and someone's going to land on their behind.
Navak waves his inflated eel skin around and makes kissy faces at you! Sheesh!

They just go on, and on, and on...I don't think he knew I was logging this :cackle:

~Brady, player of I'm a Lover Not a Fighter Elavin Rismel.

"If your house costs 3 plat, and your dog costs 18....you maight bey a redneck..."
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/05/2005 08:51 PM CDT
Hehe, I didn't want to be the one to say it Shavay. No offense, but Kleis ain't that high on the food chain.

And is this guy for real? I've just been laughing at this thread because its so inane.

~Tashya~
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/05/2005 09:32 PM CDT
Oh, dear, I missed that entirely. Someone's saying Kleis is high-ranking? Has he gone up a lot of circles while I wasn't looking? Nice guy, sure, but high-ranking? Sorry, try again.
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/06/2005 01:19 PM CDT
>Someone's saying Kleis is high-ranking? Has he gone up a lot of circles while I wasn't looking? Nice guy, sure, but high-ranking?

That does bring up an interesting point. I'm not defending Kleis in this statement but what exactly is considered 'high-ranking' through circles these days?

Since being hi circle is relative to the year of DR, we could say Kleis is very high ranking circa DR 1997. That is, if we know what is the outer limits of the highest circle bards in the realms and who they are.

There are just too many assumptions in that statement of circles equating to high ranking. Unless there is a book of every bard's circle available so members can see where their standing is, it is all a matter of how you see things, isn't it? Or opinions.

What I hear many folks saying when they say high ranking, what they really many is status. Are they famous? Infamous? And for what reason? Some folks are very high circle in the realms but you wouldn't know their names cause they are not famous, they don't mingle, they aren't seen, they train and hang out with two or three folks. Status I believe is what folks are looking for. Which goes hand in hand with other folks opinions mattering more or less. It is all a very complicated social phenomenon and I'm fascinated with it. From what I have seen, those who are the most outspoken and socialable are considered 'high-ranking' and those who are introverts are not.

Wouldn't this be true?

Gidske
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/06/2005 03:13 PM CDT
Gidske /fails

The only girl I've ever loved
Was born with roses in her eyes
But then they buried her alive
One evening 1945
With just her sister at her side
And only weeks before the guns
All came and rained on everyone
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/06/2005 03:30 PM CDT

<<From Gidske's post: It is all a very complicated social phenomenon and I'm fascinated with it.>>

You're easily fascinated, apparently.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Active Players: 665
Type STATUS FULL to get a list of active players

Staff on duty:

* Drunken Master Ianhanse Lonesinrok joins the adventure.
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/06/2005 07:55 PM CDT
Gidske fails. Lighten up. Not everything posted has to conform to such fragile expectations. Really, sometimes all it is meant to do is get a conversation going, some ideas flowing, some excitement generated. Don't be so quick to know what a post is because of such silly notions as board etiquette. Indeed! Gidske fails.

>You're easily fascinated, apparently.

So true. I'm very easy, quite apparent and a most fascinating person. I almost think you know me.

Gidske
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/06/2005 08:04 PM CDT
>Since being hi circle is relative to the year of DR, we could say Kleis is very high ranking circa DR 1997. That is, if we know what is the outer limits of the highest circle bards in the realms and who they are.

We do but we're not telling.

Gale Isembard

Nightclubbing we're nightclubbing
We're walking through town
We walk like a ghost
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/06/2005 08:36 PM CDT
Trolllll.

One evening 1945
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/06/2005 11:36 PM CDT
Did I miss something or is there a reason Gidske is being given crap for posting ?
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 12:48 AM CDT
>>That does bring up an interesting point. I'm not defending Kleis in this statement but what exactly is considered 'high-ranking' through circles these days?

Truth be told, bards are probably the only guild where everyone knows everyone. We're a guild very involved in roleplay and we interact a LOT. "High-ranking" can mean multiple things when applied to a bard. I don't want to pick on poor Kleis, but any bard that's been around the block has a general idea of where people stand both socially and skills-wise.

It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but its common knowledge where people stand. For example, you don't have to know Daerlynn (don't kill me Daerly!) personally to realize she's a bard of high-standing...her reputation proceeds her. Likewise, certain bards have reputations for kicking arse and taking names.

>>Unless there is a book of every bard's circle available so members can see where their standing is, it is all a matter of how you see things, isn't it? Or opinions.

I wouldn't worry your pretty little head about it too much, no one really cares if you understand it.

>>From what I have seen, those who are the most outspoken and socialable are considered 'high-ranking' and those who are introverts are not.

<snickers> I guess you never met Nasty Nysty.

~Tashya~
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 01:20 AM CDT
>Did I miss something or is there a reason Gidske is being given crap for posting ?

Yes you missed something. You might want to do your research, go back a few pages, consider the tone and the assumptiveness of the original post and then ask us if we need to be told what armor to wear and by whom....

Gale Isembard

We walk like a ghost
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 01:41 AM CDT
Who IS Gidske???? And why is he/she posting in the bard folder on what armor we bards wear? And do we really give a hoot? Go Ian, go! And Kleis, wear all the plate ya want!

~Eoworfinia~
A snow goblin reaches down and gently pets your corpse, then quickly looks about to make sure no one noticed.
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 02:19 AM CDT
I don't think I've laughed this hard in quite a long time.

"If your house costs 3 plat, and your dog costs 18....you maight bey a redneck..."
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 02:43 AM CDT
Who IS Gidske???? - ~Eoworfinia~

Unless hes changed guilds recently hes just a trader.

Gilvore Sneaksie-Sasiknak.

"Rissan girls, they have no combs
... Heave away, haul away...
They comb their hair with cod-fish bones
... Heave away, haul away home!"

www.illwillpress.com
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 05:51 AM CDT
<<Next time you run across Kleis, thank him for ruining the good name of plate wearing bards everywhere. Due to his ineptness while using plate, all bards from this point on are considered "laughing stocks". Don't take it to hard, really. You can't be responsible for every Bard out there. Just, well, to me, a Bard of such high standing as Kleis, you'd think he could handle his armor a bit better. Drop the jousting dream Kleis. At least until you know how to remove rust from metal.

Toot toot thy horn.

Gidske>>

Yes, we should take advice from an Armor Secondary guild who has easier armor requirements than our own, an Armor Tertiary guild. Fear the Traders and their mighty forgi...oh wait, nope. I'll continue wearing the armors (plural, as in more than just leathers, to include both Heavy Chain and Plate) I choose and if anyone wants to give us advice on armors, it should at least be a Paladin.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go mock every Trader who picks up any type of weapon because they are Tertiary learners in that skill-set.

-Ianhanse, Bard who would be 20 circles higher going by the Trader Guild's easier armor reqs.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Active Players: 665
Type STATUS FULL to get a list of active players

Staff on duty:

* Drunken Master Ianhanse Lonesinrok joins the adventure.
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 06:54 AM CDT
In light of this discussion I propose the following change to this bard title:

Songsmith
At least 200 in Musical Theory
At least 700 in Total of all Music Skills (incl. Theory)

To be changed to

Song Smith
Must be a bard
Must own plate armor

Siltoth

Stealer of Silvy's Hugs
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 07:25 AM CDT
In all truthfulness, I've seemed to note that Leather has only two uses.

a) Evasion

b) Stealth.

If you don't use primarily either, then you'd be better of going metal. Especially since, in the particular case of bards, you can train all the armors hinderance ratio off the same (or more or less-- I think LC and Leather was your lowest, but it's been -years- since I saw that list).

So, if anything, Gidske should have told bards to train LC. But he's ignorant, so he said Leather, which is actually a heavier, more encumbering armor than LC.

Yay ignorance.

And why are we giving him a hard time?

Because he's posting in a conflict folder, and is a troll.

It's obviously he has a personal vendetta against Kleis, and is making a thinly veiled attack. Thus, he fails, because his veil is so thin, and his politicking stinks.

Rar.

Mrrar

One evening 1945
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 08:43 AM CDT
>a) Evasion

>b) Stealth.

>If you don't use primarily either, then you'd be better of going metal.

Azi uses leather (and can't hide a lick!) because that's how I've always pictured her <g> Though her husband did finally convince her to wear chain accessories after the multi-armor learning was implemented.

It's possible he could convince her to wear chain armor too (don't tell him that!) if he were to work at it... plus make her some and have it decorated with songbirds. She's a sucker for songbirds :)

At any rate, it's up to the bard to train whichever armor he or she wants. We don't have to conform to anyone else's vision of our characters. :)

~Azimee

~~
If you find yourself confronted by a group of armed guards, be warned that they will attack you in mass. No matter what you have been told by other sources, rest assured that they will not line up to attack you one by one. ~Handbook of Practical Heroics
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 11:14 AM CDT
>>It's obviously he has a personal vendetta against Kleis, and is making a thinly veiled attack. Thus, he fails, because his veil is so thin, and his politicking stinks.

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Mrrar, big <3. Please don't ever run out of troll food.

Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 12:52 PM CDT
>It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but its common knowledge where people stand. For example, you don't have to know Daerlynn (don't kill me Daerly!) personally to realize she's a bard of high-standing...

::pokes Tashya:: Silly bard. Thanks for the compliment, I am not sure how true it is, but thank you!! Reputation within he guild has always been important to me; I love my guild and the members, and their opinion means a lot.

>...her reputation proceeds her.

Is that what I am always tripping over?

By the way, please don't let anyone think I am high circle!! Ha! I have windburn from novices I have trained/encouraged passing me. Sometimes whiplash!

Daerlynn
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 06:08 PM CDT
Truth be told, this whole episode came about from a dare. I was talking to Kleis about buying a horse cause of ya'lls ability to pick up objects from horseback and him liking to throw pointy sticks and so forth.

Kleis replied that he is going to wait until he trains up his Heavy Plate skill so he can get involved with jousting. I found the statement absurbed (a bard jousting!) and laughed about it. He dared me to make a comment about bards wearing plate to the general population at large. Hence my post.

Actually, he double dog dared me, and you know that isn't going to fly. In the process, I told him he was going to get a lynching for it with me if that was the case, hence, the Kleis post.

As for personal vendetta, I'm afraid I've known Kleis (or prior lives) for a few years now....and yes, I hate his guts for choosing to be a Bard instead of a Trader like I told him to do!

For all of that, I have to say you bards do stake an opinion strongly when an outsider shows his face, you even get support from a GM in thrashing the poor sod. I wish the Trader boards offered as much heart

Unfortunately traders are an apathetic bunch.

I have no hard feelings about any of it. You guys are fun!

Gidske
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 06:11 PM CDT
Awe Gidske, this was just gettin good...

Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 09:09 PM CDT
>>I have no hard feelings about any of it. You guys are fun!

Turn from the Dark Side Gidske, it is never too late to be a bard.

~Dreamheart
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 09:28 PM CDT
Awww man, no one ever wants to play anymore on the conflicts boards. Come on, someone give me an excuse to argue.

~Tashya~
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 11:08 PM CDT
>Turn from the Dark Side Gidske, it is never too late to be a bard.

I always thought it was the other way around ;P

Siltoth

Stealer of Silvy's Hugs
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 11:24 PM CDT
Dangit Gidske I was just about to try and get a mob going to hang ya from the tallest tree. Any how to thoughs who stood up for me thanks. I have to admit this was one of the more interesting threads I've read in a while, and I hope no ones feelings got hurt in any way.

Kleis
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 11:35 PM CDT
<Awww man, no one ever wants to play anymore on the conflicts boards. Come on, someone give me an excuse to argue.>

Um...um...hm. Okay, how about this:

Macfrae's a better guildleader than the other bard GLs because he's the best drinker.

Okay, sorry excuse for an argument, but...

-Vaeldriil

P.S.: Don't tell the other GLs.

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 11:38 PM CDT
>Macfrae's a better guildleader than the other bard GLs because he's the best drinker.
Plus he gives out the best circling present...oh wait, the only circling present...
You'll get no argument there.

Gale Isembard

We walk like a ghost
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 11:44 PM CDT
>>Macfrae's a better guildleader than the other bard GLs because he's the best drinker.

Yeah, but Macfrae's narrator thinks he is a she...poor guy :-\

Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/07/2005 11:46 PM CDT
<the only circling present...>

Shhh, nobody tell him.

-Vaeldriil

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/08/2005 07:25 AM CDT
<<Due to his ineptness while using plate, all bards from this point on are considered "laughing stocks>> - Gidske

Wow, nice attempt to pile all of the responsibility for the bard's guild being a laughing stock onto one weak, vulnerable, clumbsy, individual like Kleis. I mean, who would disagree that he's inept anyway? That's just a little too neat. I submit that the entire guild has always been a laughing stock, and all of its members quite as inept as the next.

:oP Ragran
"I think what happens is that people who can't vent their rage seek scapegoats. Also for these young guys, a lot of it is hormonal..." - Fairuza Balk
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/08/2005 08:20 AM CDT
We can still hang Gidske...

One evening 1945
Re: Thanks to Kleis, all Bards get the Shaft 08/08/2005 08:32 AM CDT
<<I found the statement absurbed (a bard jousting!) and laughed about it.>>

My first jousting experience was watching Kat and Tea in Therenborough right after horses came out. If there's a good time to be had, leave it to a bard to figure out how to make it happen.

Xanzie

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and martini in hand, body thoroughly worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Prev_page Previous 1