??? 08/09/2004 11:10 AM CDT
Why do we need this guild again?

Zax
Re: ??? 08/09/2004 01:34 PM CDT
Umm... what?

'Cause people enjoy being in it.

'Cause their magic is beneficial in hunting groups (assuming a lack of barbarians).

'Cause they're dang fun to have around.

'Cause they make RP in DragonRealms more flavorful.

'Cause they make it so the game has a more robust instrument system, which would simply be a interesting diversion at most if it weren't developed fully because of bards.

'Cause they have more access to the rumor system than other guilds, which, again, wouldn't have existed without them.

'Cause every town needs a drunk.

'Cause stories about Elanthian history should be known by every character, young and old, and who better than a troubador to tell 'em.

'Cause they can make your backpack insult you.

I can go on, I think.

~Kashik,
...Moon Bard...

"Consider your bottom... two... little corn-cob spiky handle things."
~Mean Maelona Morlamgar
Re: ??? 08/09/2004 01:42 PM CDT
I have been ownzed :*(
Re: ??? 08/09/2004 07:57 PM CDT
1a. - because with a single enchante, we can put you on your back crying, shivering, and calling for mommy, like a little gurl in teh snow without her bwankiiieee... tears coming out like the geysers in lakovar.

1b. - because with a single enchante, we can make a papercut on the cuticule of your right thumb turn into a bleeding wound the size of the void itself, draining your life force and will by the second, blood flowing out of you like mana in an elothean newbie moon mage while holding mana for a moon gate, for the very first time.

1c. - like the guild spelled like us [barb] we can also blow your head up with a scream of defiance, in such that our guild has used for generations, keeping the population safe from the minions of every archenemie the realms has ever faced... beginning with tiero.

thx please come again
i guess i have to <pose> for this one.
Mibe - B4RD elite

M.I.A. - Since 1999
Re: ??? 08/12/2004 02:50 PM CDT
Please, I'd smack you like the singer you are.
Re: ??? 08/13/2004 02:22 AM CDT
>Please, I'd smack you like the singer you are.

A whole one line...Must have been saving that one.

You've already tapped out, now leave before you get hurt.

-Derivan

A deafening trumpeting sound echoes through the area as a rosewood flute thunders in.

A rosewood flute tries to coil its trunk around you but misses.
[You're nimbly balanced and in better position]
Re: ??? 09/10/2004 01:04 PM CDT
Don't forget you can't do Jack, if a barbarian is in proximety- :)

Tea
Re: ??? 09/10/2004 04:32 PM CDT
You're kidding right? There's not too many people in the realms that can withstand DMRS with 200+ vocals and 36 in Charisma. If I canput a 60+ circle barb on the ground in TF, I'm sure he can do the same.

Mattrim, Bard Extraordinaire
Re: ??? 09/17/2004 09:47 AM CDT
Guess the barbs I hang with or who are around my character are a bit stronger then your barbarians. I've quite a bit more skill then that and collapse constantly.

Not to mention the agrivated ones who think thier soul took a hit.

T- I always wonder why TF folks post here? Are there not forums there?
Re: ??? 09/20/2004 11:14 PM CDT
because bards are even less popular in TF than in prime? that, and to my knowledge, the TF bards who post over here haven't ever played bards before...and i don't think many of the known bards over there ever did play bards in prime. there's no knowledge-base for them to draw from, really.

Jaebom --it's like reading a 36-volume encyclopedia instead of a pocket dictionary
Re: ??? 09/21/2004 10:22 AM CDT
<<T- I always wonder why TF folks post here? Are there not forums there?>>

Because a lot of us have prime characters first off. Just because we dont say so, or post with our prime names doesnt mean that we dont have them, and even play them occasionally (I know someone actually was playing TF as a sideline while playing prime mainly for a while). Secondly, our boards are a bit more incomplete than these, without as many GMs reading the boards there (since there are no BMs, some of us assume that a lot of things dont get passed on unless theyre in the bugs folder). Third, sometimes we have (or believe we have anyways) good information to bring to the table. Theres a lot of things dealing with training, weapons, armor, skill vs skill contests, critter difficulty, scripting, and guild in and outs that I wish I had known about when I primarily played prime. Lastly, to confuse people.

Sanya

I was taking a walk in the park when this post said I stole its purse. I tried to get away, but it just kept on coming. So I had to beat it to death with this purse I found.
-MOD-ILEDEMUS

Re: ??? 09/21/2004 12:05 PM CDT
I love to hear from the bards over in TF. I think its great that they share in the discussions and help us figure out quirky things. They are fun too!

~Sasa

<<T- I always wonder why TF folks post here? Are there not forums there?>>
Re: ??? 09/21/2004 12:19 PM CDT
Oh, and I forgot to add, for anyone who really cares (which is no one, but I'm gonna add it anyways):

I'm not a bard, and havent been for a long time. I just have a great interest in the bards guild.

Sanya

I was taking a walk in the park when this post said I stole its purse. I tried to get away, but it just kept on coming. So I had to beat it to death with this purse I found.
-MOD-ILEDEMUS

Re: ??? 09/21/2004 12:26 PM CDT
I don't really see why it would be a problem for a TF bard to post here. As Sanya said, getting answers or giving information on the TF boards can be quite problematic. I play a bard in TF and am enjoying it, although there are a few issues I think should be dealt with along with questions I have. I have tried to learn to do it all myself, and rarely ask questions as far as being bardic goes. Sure, we don't playact or perform like Prime bards, but that doesn't make us any less bardic.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
~Herm Albright
Re: ??? 09/21/2004 02:23 PM CDT
I don't mind seeing questions/comments from any bard. The only thing that irks me a little is when TF bards start bragging about their gazillion ranks of lore :) But that's a pretty minor thing, overall.

I'll also admit that it's sometimes hard for me to answer TF bards' questions because they tend to be skewed heavily toward lore - I tend to be pretty balanced, so it can be hard to get a sense of what the problem is at times.

~Azimee Ta'Shiza
~Gypsy Songbird
~Tinbird In Training

An in-character look at plat:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/azimee/
Re: ??? 09/21/2004 02:58 PM CDT
<<The only thing that irks me a little is when TF bards start bragging about their gazillion ranks of lore :)>>

We're in conflicts right? Ok, good. Then you shouldnt mind Raydell posting over here at all. His TF bard has like 15 ranks of lore.

You know I'm just kidding Raydell. I'm in a good mood again, and I just like razzing you :P

Sanya

-MOD-ILEDEMUS

Re: ??? 09/21/2004 03:01 PM CDT
Yes, I am like... an uber warrior but a terrible poet. I can kill Gargoyles with my bard but I can't sing for snot :(

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
~Herm Albright
Re: ??? 09/22/2004 08:41 AM CDT
I'm probably just as balanced as you with the exception of survivals(I hate survivals!!! Who cares if you can skin or find a stupid flower!!!???) and no I am not the baddest bard around TF, but close::grins:: my weaps and lore are near equal to each other and that's not bragging...I would be the same as I am whether in prime or TF though I'd prolly be alot lower in circles. This is the ONLY place we can ask question and get some semblence of an answer. Besides you're just mad b/c we are better looking in TF ;D

Re: ??? 09/25/2004 10:38 PM CDT
Dude, I can pwnz awl ovar u n-e-day.

Well, maybe. lol We're close. REGARDLESS.

I've been a bard in prime. OMG COMBAT BARD. COULD U GUESS?

Was like 4 years ago, but whatever.

So yes, there are bards (or a bard) in TF who's been a bard in prime. And yes, all the bards in TF know exactly what they're doing as far as being a bard is concerned. And we get offended even more so when someone says bards are weak. We get the pure, insanely over-scripted weapon ranks (HT/Log) + DMRS.

I had 0 ranks in HT and dropped an unyn in like 3 throws. Its all about the resolve. :)
Re: ??? 09/27/2004 09:13 AM CDT
I find the tone anything but 'general' in most posts from TF and Plat players frankly.

Concidering the numbers and situations are extremly different in each game (Gee thats probably why there are different games)

I would think the community you choose to play with , would be the community you have dialog with in this forum. Obviously not everyone thinks like I do. Curious is all.

Tea
Re: ??? 09/27/2004 09:39 AM CDT
With the exception of scripting and PvP how is one "world" different than the other prime-vs-TF? The only major difference is the amount of players online and the number of GM's that monitor. The fact that the GM's don't normally look in the TF forums is the main reason we come to prime forum although that's the beauty of DR...I can post pretty much where I want as long as the information is relative to the folder.

Re: ??? 09/27/2004 09:45 AM CDT
>I would think the community you choose to play with , would be the community you have dialog with in this forum. Obviously not everyone thinks like I do. Curious is all.

A lot depends on the situation and the kind of information we're looking for <shrugs> There's so few bards in plat (and TF, I believe), that often the prime boards are a better resource to find out how something works.

But if my posting questions and/or opinions bothers you, Tea, feel free to add me to your ignore list.

~Azimee Ta'Shiza
~Gypsy Songbird
~Tinbird In Training

An in-character look at plat:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/azimee/
Re: ??? 09/27/2004 12:40 PM CDT
<<I would think the community you choose to play with , would be the community you have dialog with in this forum. Obviously not everyone thinks like I do. Curious is all.>>

In a perfect world, we'd have others to actually have a dialog with. Considering there are only like four active bards in TF (or less...Mattrim, you got a number on this?) theres a lot of things that people just wouldnt figure out if there wasnt a bigger resource for help. Its not that we dont talk to each other over there, but there are only so many of us, and only so much information that we can come by on our own.

Besides, most everyone there had a prime character at some point. I'd say all, but I cant verify that so I wont. I've had more than I can remember their names, and the only difference that I've found at all is the rate at which I learn. Mibe, one of the most vocal TFers was only in his 60s (somewhere..can never remember). I dont keep up with highest circle, but I'm fairly sure there is at least 1 other bard on the prime side over 60th circle.

Sanya

-MOD-ILEDEMUS

Re: ??? 09/28/2004 08:03 AM CDT
<<Considering there are only like four active bards in TF (or less...Mattrim, you got a number on this?) >>

I think it's around 5 or so...defenitely less than a dozen though.

Mattrim
Re: ??? 10/05/2004 03:52 PM CDT
My bard Willy Starcushion was going to dominate TF. But I'm not very good at getting scripts to work so I had to go back to prime. (grin)
Re: ??? 10/19/2004 08:27 AM CDT
<<But I'm not very good at getting scripts to work >>

I've got two scripts that I live and die by. The first one is by Squall (the former l33t TF bard) which works mad lore. And the other is a combat script that works 2 weapons. That's the extent of the scripts that i primarily use. Travel ones and favor ones sure but when it comes to training that's it.

Re: ??? 10/19/2004 03:58 PM CDT
Hi hi hi and hi,

I felt inspired to get Willy to second circle in the fallen today. My script kerplunked at some point and unfortunately my lore was less...than...mad. You can script combat? What do you do when you croak? Just lie there? (I always end my day of hunting with a death.) I need a better lore script. All I've managed to do in the Fallen is to get my stringed instruments to a bajillion. (snicker) Though it is particularly fun to look in and see your skills 20 ranks past where you left them!

Maybe we should have a 24 hour free script off in prime! (kidding...KIDDING I said.)

Ok...Twinkly...and Willy sometimes...
Re: ??? 10/19/2004 04:00 PM CDT
Set up your scripts to have you log... or just don't die!

~Herm Albright
Re: ??? 12/13/2004 07:33 AM CST
Drop me an IM or email and I can set you up with a nice lore script that requires minimal adaptation to your instruments...IM is billysublette... and welcome to the small but illustrious club.