Whoops, another problem. 06/21/2004 04:06 AM CDT
Ahh, sorry for all the posting, but it's about vocals again. I just realized another problem I had. Whenever I sing, it always locks primary and harness and all that good stuff, and it ends up putting me at murky before I can even get past concentrating in vocals. That's when I sing Mere at any level(went up to 14/15 like ya said). Is there a better enchante that teaches vocals?

Leilond
Re: Whoops, another problem. 06/21/2004 09:47 AM CDT
"Ahh, sorry for all the posting, but it's about vocals again. I just realized another problem I had. Whenever I sing, it always locks primary and harness and all that good stuff, and it ends up putting me at murky before I can even get past concentrating in vocals. That's when I sing Mere at any level(went up to 14/15 like ya said). Is there a better enchante that teaches vocals?"

ohh ya, i wanna know what enchantes are good to sing too
Re: Whoops, another problem. 06/21/2004 01:43 PM CDT
I sing Mere to work my vocals at 260, and I have that same problem sometimes... my magics murking my mind before my vocals are locked. Frusterating at times. Thats why my vocals isn't any higher too :-/

As for other enchantes, I dunno...I only use Merelew's Legacy to leran.

Troubadour Raziaar

* Vaeldriil was just struck down!
Standing over Vaeldriil, you move your hands in intricate gestures as a green aura slowly forms around the body.

With clumsy movements, the corpse slowly clambers to its feet. You now have 1 GM under your control.
Re: Whoops, another problem. 06/21/2004 03:01 PM CDT
>>>I sing Mere to work my vocals at 260, and I have that same problem sometimes... my magics murking my mind before my vocals are locked. Frusterating at times. Thats why my vocals isn't any higher too :-/

>>>As for other enchantes, I dunno...I only use Merelew's Legacy to leran.

>>>Troubadour Raziaar

Well, here's something to look forward to then <grin>...

With vocal over 500 and magics in the low 400s, the same problem is still there. I have to vary Merelew's Legacy from 20 on post-walls to 13 on the wall to keep magics from murking up my mind. Vocal will seldom exceed thoughtful on the post-wall and will hit bewildered to dazed on the wall if I can run at 20 mana. Unfortunately, because my magic skill is lower than my vocal, has smaller pools, and has walls more often; magic is in control of the amount of mana I can put into the enchante for learning purposes and the chance that the post-walls for vocal, PM, and harness will coincide is pretty slim and rapidly over when it does occur.

Haven't found any enchante that works vocal substantially better than magic, probably just because of the primary/secondary nature of the skill sets.

Based on my own purely-subjective feelings and not scientific testing, Merelew's Legacy seems to be the best enchante for learning skills in general, if a bit useless from the practical side (though I'd probably feel different if I hunted something the threw fire-based spells).

Meigs
Re: Whoops, another problem. 06/21/2004 03:02 PM CDT
i sing caress of the sun at 23 mana (start at 10 to reduce the extra mana cost on the initialization pulse) to get my vocals moving...i dont think they lock anymore, but they are 222, currently. my magic skills lock up before my vocals skill, but my total mind state doesn't start to coagulate unless i'm learning 4 or 5 additional skills at a high rate simultaneously. i'm doin it largely to work magic anyway, so i'm not terribly worried about my vocals not locking. try different enchantes. legacy is nice because it cycles, but it mightn't be the ideal enchante for what you want to do.

Jaebom --not sure how something works? try pushing different buttons to see what happens
Re: Whoops, another problem. 06/21/2004 03:13 PM CDT
>As for other enchantes, I dunno...I only use Merelew's Legacy to leran.

And I use an idiot to English dictionary to read your posts. Who cares.

All conflicts aside, can we get these posts moved over to the appropriate folder someone, anyone? Thanks.

-Derivan

A deafening trumpeting sound echoes through the area as a rosewood flute thunders in.

A rosewood flute tries to coil its trunk around you but misses.
[You're nimbly balanced and in better position]
Re: Whoops, another problem. 06/21/2004 03:37 PM CDT
[quote]And I use an idiot to English dictionary to read your posts. Who cares.[/quote]

Hook line and sinker!

Troubadour Raziaar

* Vaeldriil was just struck down!
Standing over Vaeldriil, you move your hands in intricate gestures as a green aura slowly forms around the body.

With clumsy movements, the corpse slowly clambers to its feet. You now have 1 GM under your control.
Re: Whoops, another problem. 06/21/2004 07:43 PM CDT
How about moving this thread please, lets move it to G D.

SBM-Redryn