Nexus SUCKS! 03/05/2018 12:06 AM CST
I want a spell slot refund. Nexus with a dozen people moved it up ONE mana level. Nexus with 7 people, moved it up 0 mana levels. What's the point?
Re: Nexus SUCKS! 03/05/2018 12:14 AM CST
This feels like a bug. I've seen it go up far more (4 points) before, but it's only moving +1 point for me too now, regardless of mana.
Re: Nexus SUCKS! 03/05/2018 12:20 AM CST

Interesting. Try cast area instead of a straight cast. I just retested, all other conditions the same, and it jump up 2 points with a 50 mana cast. [glowing (11/21)] to [shining (13/21)]. I do have the area casting feat.
Re: Nexus SUCKS! 03/09/2018 10:25 PM CST
Sorry for delayed response- I just casted it with a room of 17 people, tried both AREA and a normal cast. AREA cast had no effect. Normal cast moved it up 1 level... pretty bad. I mean, I know WMs are magic primary and all... but Ethereal Fissure requires circle 20 and 80 ranks and moves up mana a lot. And you can stack it up. Whereas Nexus requires 50th circle, and 250 ranks. Barely does anything if it does anything at all to begin with. Add to that, you're rquired to have a bunch of people to make it effective. (or so the description says). All in all.. I think Nexus is either broken, or just so incredibly bad as to not be worth ever having. Ever. ;)
Re: Nexus SUCKS! 03/09/2018 11:24 PM CST
I just tested, and a full cast with no one else in the room raised the mana by 4 levels (fulgent to blazing). You know it takes Nexus a few seconds to ramp up to full effect, right?
Re: Nexus SUCKS! 03/25/2018 09:46 AM CDT
How much Utility do you have? Perhaps that's why I'm having trouble. My utility is only about 350 ranks. I can't get it to raise over 1 level in a room with tons of people. Perhaps in order for it to be a moderately powerful spell you have to max cast it with a high level of Utility?

Curiously, my warmage cast ETF (an elemental mana boosting spell) and went from Flickering (8) to lambent (12). So maybe these types of boosts are capped out at 4 levels of mana boost?

To experiment I had him go to a room with Brilliant (17) and cast and got it up to blazing (20). So there's some sort of curve going on too.

Thanks for the info, I guess maybe for Nexus to be effective you need to be closer to 100th circle than the 50th circle min. At least, that's what i'm guessing out of all this.
Re: Nexus SUCKS! 03/25/2018 10:18 AM CDT
>>To experiment I had him go to a room with Brilliant (17) and cast and got it up to blazing (20). So there's some sort of curve going on too.

I imagine each rank of mana has a range that is getting larger as you increase rank.

Nexus is also an advanced spell. ETF is intermediate, thus it can be capped earlier than Nexus.
Re: Nexus SUCKS! 03/25/2018 08:27 PM CDT
Thanks to whomever wrote that it takes a few seconds for Nexus to kick in. With a 45 mana cast, it did move the room up 2 levels. Still not very impressive for a room of over a dozen people, but better than I had initially thought it was.
Cheers!