Practice Verb 08/24/2014 02:08 PM CDT
I realize that you shouldn't be able to perform most actions while practicing stretching or breathing, but it would be really nice if the system could be tweaked a bit. I'd much prefer to have a system like playing an instrument where you're told you'd need to stop playing first.

Also, could the skill verb be added to the list of allowed verbs?

Lastly, could the timer not kick in unless you successfully complete the stretching? One mistake and you can't try again for ages.

s> practice stretching
You rise to your feet, leaning forward to stretch your arms to the fullest extent. Straining, you feel the muscles in your back and joints pull for several long moments before you step back and let them fall.
[Roundtime: 5 seconds.]

You hold your hands in front of you, weaving your fingers together. With a sudden twist, you flip them to face outward and push your arms out in front of yourself, feeling the tendons in the base of each finger stretch. After holding this position for a long minute, you draw your arms back and pull your hands apart, flexing them several times to limber them.

Weaving your fingers together again, you lift your arms and tuck them behind your head. You then pull your left arm down, feeling your right arm rise, the muscles in that arm and your back stretching with the effort. You repeat the process with the other arm, then let both arms fall to your sides. You swing them back and forth, feeling the bloodflow return more strongly to your limbs.

R> sk bl
Your actions interrupt your practicing.

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate fraction
Bardic Lore: 7 63.50% clear (0/34)

Time Development Points: 38 Favors: 3 Deaths: 0 Departs: 0
Overall state of mind: clear
EXP HELP for more information

> curse
You mumble something unprintable.
Re: Practice Verb 08/24/2014 04:47 PM CDT
Or maybe steal the code from research and have it give you a warning of "this will interrupt your practice, try again if you really want to do it."

Don't forget to vote:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Practice Verb 08/24/2014 09:30 PM CDT
When I get a chance to really overhaul bardic mojo to where it should be I plan to burn the practice code to the ground and never speak of it again.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Practice Verb 08/24/2014 09:47 PM CDT
When's that looking like?
Re: Practice Verb 08/25/2014 11:18 AM CDT
obviously - soon

Nikpack