Nexus 06/01/2014 10:19 PM CDT
I know this has been brought up before, and if I recall correctly we were told that we just may not be skilled enough to perceive the finer points of mana levels in a room, but this spell still just seems woefully underpowered. Are others having the same experience? I can't be the only one.

I can understand if we're not able to tear a gaping fissure like a War Mage, but considering that when a fissure is cast in a room I can easily perceive multiple levels of mana increase... Whereas when I cast Nexus at my personal cap (72 mana), I'm unable to perceive even one level of mana increase, yeah, it kinda stinks. Any chance this spell could get a little love?

Utility: 522
Attunement: 649

sR>per
You reach out with your senses and hear flickering streams of harmonious Elemental mana coursing through the area.
Concentrating harder on the sounds you hear, you can sense pulsating mana to the west, and pulsating mana to the east.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
s>pre nexus
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
That will disrupt less than a quarter of your current attunement.
You trace a careful sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Nexus spell.
s>charg armb 25
You harness a moderate amount of energy and attempt to channel it into your cambrinth armband.
You are able to channel all the energy into the armband.
The cambrinth armband absorbs all of the energy.
Roundtime: 7 sec.
sR>charg armb 25
You harness a moderate amount of energy and attempt to channel it into your cambrinth armband.
You are able to channel all the energy into the armband.
The cambrinth armband absorbs all of the energy.
Roundtime: 7 sec.
sR>invoke armb spell
The cambrinth armband pulses with Elemental energy. You reach for its center and forge a magical link to it, readying all of its mana for your use. By directing your focus, you ensure that mana is drawn only when spells are cast.
Roundtime: 1 sec.
sR>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
s>harn 12
s>
You tap into the mana from twelve of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
sR>cast
You gesture.
You contribute your harnessed streams to increase the pattern's potential.
Your cambrinth armband emits a loud snap as it discharges all its power to aid your spell.
A gently glittering series of colored lights appear in the air, winking in and out of existence around you, as the sound of a lone bodhran begins an ethereal melody.
s>perc
You reach out with your senses and hear flickering streams of harmonious Elemental mana coursing through the area.
Concentrating harder on the sounds you hear, you can sense pulsating mana to the west, and pulsating mana to the east.
You sense the Nexus spell matrix in the area, which will last for about thirty roisaen.

:(

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: Nexus 06/02/2014 12:14 AM CDT
You know there's a few seconds delay before nexus takes effect, right? It looks like maybe you're perceiving too soon to see the change. I know I get multiple mana levels with it.
Re: Nexus 06/02/2014 12:17 AM CDT
For a point of comparison, I went ahead and had a Warrior Mage cast a 72 mana Ethereal Fissure in the same room (after the Nexus had faded). Here are the results of that cast, from my Bard's perspective and perceiving with the same ranks:

J>perc
JR>
Warrior Mage traces a careful sigil in the air.
J>
Warrior Mage rolls his hands in an elliptical pattern in front of him.
A spinning ball of vivid blue aether appears within the pattern his hands define.
Warrior Mage's cambrinth armband emits a loud snap.
The spherical ellipse of vivid blue aether flattens and expands. A fine mist covers the ellipse, which clears on a gust of wind leaving a fissure in its place.
J>perc
You reach out with your senses and hear lambent streams of harmonious Elemental mana coursing through the area.
You sense an Ethereal Fissure spell matrix infusing the available mana streams with a staggering amount of extra elemental energy.
The Ethereal Fissure should last for approximately thirty roisaen.

So for those keeping score at home, that's a +0 perceivable power level increase from Nexus, and a +4 perceivable power level increase from Ethereal Fissure, both cast at 72 mana.

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: Nexus 06/02/2014 12:22 AM CDT
>>You know there's a few seconds delay before nexus takes effect, right? It looks like maybe you're perceiving too soon to see the change. I know I get multiple mana levels with it.

Oh wow, apparently I'm just terribly impatient. Thanks for clarifying, that's all it was.

I'M SORRY FOR YELLING, EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE, NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

JR>per
You reach out with your senses and hear glowing streams of harmonious Elemental mana coursing through the area.
You sense the Nexus spell matrix in the area, which will last for about thirty roisaen.

For those keeping score at home, a 72 mana cast of Nexus gives +3 (after a few seconds, d'oh!)

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.