Shear, Psychic Shield, Groups 02/22/2009 05:33 PM CST
Can we please do something about Shear, Psychic Shield, Groups (BMR/MR too)

In a large group, I wasn't able to affect anyone (singing loud) because of a Psychic Shield. The Moon Mage was in my group.

(You begin the outro of Demrris' Resolve.)
Your singing builds to a fierce crescendo, and you feel the power of your enchante grow as if tethered behind the confining walls of a dam. Suddenly, the enchante explodes away from you, forming concentric rings that sweep through the area like the fading ripples in a pond.
The shimmering globe of blue fire surrounding MM flares brightly!
The pattern of your spell holds, but is considerably weakened.
Something completely drains the power out of your psychic spell.

Second problem. In a group with a bard singing DALU, and LILT (at the time) I affected MYSELF with MADM.

J>sing madm
You manage to work your song into and around the performance of Aveda's enchante.
Calming yourself, you inhale a deep breath and tilt your head skyward in preparation. You begin to sing, each word initially filled with clarity and purpose. Twisting magic into your song, you then shift everything slightly. Notes and syllables become swapped with nearby measures, heard in the background alongside your perfect song, building up an eerie, maddening dissonance of perfection and perversion.
Mazrian gestures.
A crackling mantle of blazing reddish-gold flames surrounds Mazrian!
Vinjince picks up a hand mallet with a leather wrapped mistwood handle.
The spirit dancer discovers Hworang, ruining his hiding place!
The spirit dancer's gaze swivels around the area, staring out at something you cannot discern.
The spirit dancer's gaze swivels around the area, staring out at something you cannot discern.
The blood warrior suddenly flops over onto the ground, appearing slightly dazed.
The shadow mage begins to stir.
The blood warrior begins to stir.
The blood warrior begins to stir.
The blood warrior suddenly flops over onto the ground, appearing slightly dazed.
A bunch of beautiful yellow butterflies float past your field of vision and soar off. They're so alluring, you can't help but stare for a few seconds.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Third, is there anyway that in group instances we can get something that would prevent this type of scroll?

Issus performs the Abandoned Heart enchante, weaving it in and around your own ongoing song.
The notes and melody you hear are disconcerting, but feel mostly harmless.
Mazrian's Mantle of Flame flares and sizzles brightly!
You manage to work your song into and around the performance of Aveda's enchante.
You manage to work your song into and around the performance of Issus's enchante.
(You begin the refrain of Chorus of Madmen.)
Approaching the refrain, you cease words entirely for a few moments, allowing your voice to first soar to its highest ranges, then swoop downwards again in a drawn-out serenade. Keeping your voice crystal clear, you weave your magic into its notes so that a violent rumbling lurks beneath the music, its vibrations poised to enter your audience's ears and shatter their sanity to shreds.
Pormithius's ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Marsais's ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Glistening blue lines floating in the air shudder with the force of the spell!
Karthor's ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Malzard's ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Zreon's ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Ariyan's ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Kelvena's ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Ignifera's ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Aveda's ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Aleyden's ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Celitha's ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Vahlissa's ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Totenus's ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Kalnean's ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Sebastienne's ethereal shield crackles with energy!
Mazrian's ethereal shield crackles with energy!

It's really really horrible when you have more than one bard in a group.

Sorry, I'm just extremely frustrated right now that I can't seem to function in a group.

__
Join us in sharing information!
http://community.livejournal.com/drbookoftales/
View my RPnerderiffic IC journal here!
http://ysselt-dr.livejournal.com/
Re: Shear, Psychic Shield, Groups 02/22/2009 06:16 PM CST
Seconded on all fronts.

-=Issus=-
Re: Shear, Psychic Shield, Groups 02/22/2009 07:03 PM CST
I agree on a lot of these too. I find this is usually only a problem in large groups. I also have run into another bug on more than one occasion, and I didn't think to document it at the time but whatever it is, is very circumstantial..like a rare occurence that has happened to me twice, I'll bug it next time. But it causes Madmen to pulse very very fast, like 1 second in between pulses until you stop singing. Now that might sound effective, but in both instances it was not desirable and caused a horrendous amount of scroll.

My biggest pet peeve is the psychic shield. I don't know if there is a way to put in a check to see if the person is in your group or not, but this is a big issue for me. In an invasion or any scenario where you're with a group of people who want you to do an enchante, you can pretty much count out the first few pulses if a MM has up a strong psychic shield.

Would be very grateful if someone (anyone qualified) could look into this and at least let us know if it's an easy fix?

~ Terra
Re: Shear, Psychic Shield, Groups 02/22/2009 07:28 PM CST
>I also have run into another bug on more than one occasion, and I didn't think to document it at the time but whatever it is, is very circumstantial..like a rare occurence that has happened to me twice, I'll bug it next time. But it causes Madmen to pulse very very fast, like 1 second in between pulses until you stop singing. Now that might sound effective, but in both instances it was not desirable and caused a horrendous amount of scroll.

I've mentioned this a couple times now. It happens when someone has BOTH Shear and SOD up. Basically two barrier spells puts it in an endless loop until the barrier spells are completely depleted (which takes just a few seconds at the insane rate it goes).
Re: Shear, Psychic Shield, Groups 02/22/2009 07:54 PM CST
There was a lot of pulsing, but I assumed it was because there were 3 bards.

In retrospect, I think it WAS MADM spaz-pulsing.

__
Re: Shear, Psychic Shield, Groups 02/23/2009 05:05 AM CST
I agree - takes the fun out of playing in groups.

- Useff

Macfrae frowns at you as he says, "BAH! You already know that enchante. Why make me repeat things for you when you already know the answer? You owe me a beer for this!"
Re: Shear, Psychic Shield, Groups 02/23/2009 08:55 AM CST
From what I understand (a la previous GM posts) this isn't something that is easily fixed with the current MR/group mechanics. I also think they have been putting some time and effort into fixing MR right now, so that bodes well for us!

GENT
Re: Shear, Psychic Shield, Groups 02/23/2009 10:34 AM CST
Add Tranquility to the list of barriers that are rapidly worn down when the enchantes aren't supposed to be affecting the one with said barrier due to grouped status. I couldn't tell if it was weakening the enchante at all (I'd guess not, since it's pretty potent but the enchante seemed to be working just fine), but it's rather annoying.

Thanks,
-Death's Nemesis Karthor
Re: Shear, Psychic Shield, Groups 02/23/2009 08:56 PM CST
While we're on this subject, I'd like to go ahead and complain about all the people complaining about all the bard scroll, like we're some kind of burden to the party, when in fact we were likely the reason all the bad guys were going down so easy (Dalu + Madm + Aban were going simultaneously at one point, I think).

Aveda's Field Guide- http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com
Re: Shear, Psychic Shield, Groups 02/23/2009 09:16 PM CST
I'd like to complain about your complaint. You can still be useful without scrolling the screen so much.
Re: Shear, Psychic Shield, Groups 02/24/2009 03:57 AM CST
Stop scrolling our folders!

- The Moose
Re: Shear, Psychic Shield, Groups 02/24/2009 03:55 PM CST
Sorry, I forget you're used to like 3 posts a week over here.
Re: Shear, Psychic Shield, Groups 02/24/2009 04:10 PM CST
>Sorry, I forget you're used to like 3 posts a week over here.

Were you being sarcastic about the scroll or not?

If not, what suggestions do you have for situations with large groups?

I'm curious, though I know you probably don't run into those large group things in TF.

The points I have are that I shouldn't need to see everyone's shield, MOF etc flare x 30. On the other hand, I can squelch it, but then I'd have to unsquelch it after each invasion and that's kind of annoying. Plus what if the bad guy is using one? I'm torn :(

__
Re: Shear, Psychic Shield, Groups 02/24/2009 05:35 PM CST
<<I'm torn :(>>

Just reroll, it'll be ok. ;p

- Simon